X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice report! Those 77W's are mighty nice aircraft to fly in

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
      Thanks for answering my question, LionCity.

Very hungry.
      Liked what kyo+ mentioned you can find it at the DBS Treasure Lounge and also both Silver Kris Lounge.

When I was in the UK for an extended stay, what I did was to go down to the Chinese Supermarket buy some of their local chay tow kuay. I did the following:

1. Chopped garlic and chay poh into heated oil.
      2. Fried to fragance and add tow gay.
      3. Add chay tow kuay pre-mixed with beaten eggs.
      4. Form pancake liked chay tow kuay until lightly burned.

If you back, let me know and I fetch you to Toa Payoh Lorong to eat what I considered the best chay tow kuay. The treat is on me.

Sorry for being drastically OT.

Comment

Very hungry.
        You are always hungry!

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post

9V-SIA
        , I'm sure the food picture in post #3 would be considered by the International Court of Justice in The Hague as cruel and unusual punishment (against those of us stuck in the UK).
        You are out of luck. This is well within the Geneve Convention

Originally posted by Kyo View Post

Keep going mate
        OK..... immodest one

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
        Those GE90s are great all right..... they do moan a lot when you wake them up!

Originally posted by LionCity View Post

1. Chopped garlic and chay poh into heated oil.
        2. Fried to fragance and add tow gay.
        3. Add chay tow kuay pre-mixed with beaten eggs.
        4. Form pancake liked chay tow kuay until lightly burned.
        How my TR turned into a cooking lesson I'll never know..
        Last edited by 9V-SIA; 27 July 2010, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Breakfast

The Menu

Sliced fresh fruit

Granola with yoghurt-berry compote

Presentation is important..

Airline food

Gourmet dining

I BTC'ed the nasi lemak because I wanted to test my theory about food being better on high yielding flights.

Well it certainly tasted better than SIN-PEN ( in the distant past )

Actually, nasi lemak hit the right spot

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
            Except that I have never tried Row 14 in J.

So wanting to be in a position to join in the "Which is the best seat in J on the 77W" debate, I decided to fly to London in 14A.
            My vote for the best seats in the 77W are 11A or 11K. I always aim for this row. Similar to row 14 but the mini-cabin is cosier.

I also loved the BTC nasi lemak and look forward to having it at my next flight.

Comment

That nasi lemak looks great 9V-SIA!

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingDan View Post
                Yea, I concur

Comment

335am here and I'm hungry looking at the nasi lemak.

I BTCed it once for a departure from SIN but it was not nice. It was not like the ones I buy from the market. It did not taste authentic at all. I had one from MH and it was really good. 9V-SIA, did your nasi lemak taste authentic? I don't know how yours could be tasty when mine isn't? Different catering? Cannot be.

Thanks for the kind offer, LionCity. Toa Payoh was my old stomping ground. But I did not get around much when I was there because I was scared after hearing the Adrian Lim stories. I'd try out your receipe when I have time. I did not know that there was tow gay in a carrot cake. Did not know we could get chay poh in the supermarkets here either. Must look properly next time.

Comment

I BTCed it once for a departure from SIN but it was not nice. It was not like the ones I buy from the market. It did not taste authentic at all.

I'd try out your receipe when I have time. I did not know that there was tow gay in a carrot cake. Did not know we could get chay poh in the supermarkets here either. Must look properly next time.
                    Done the Nasi Lemak BTC thing once and it was really good (ex-SIN can't remember where I was flying to). Maybe the catering guys were having an "off" day??

Regarding the tow gay in the carrot cake, it seems pretty popular in Malaysia... Can any of the M'Sian posters attest to that?
                    God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

I had a nasi lemak in KF lounge T3 once, and it was deliciously good.. very lemak..
                      This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                        I agree but I still prefer the A380 somehow. It just seems quieter than any of the 777s

Comment

Originally posted by KC* View Post
                          My vote for the best seats in the 77W are 11A or 11K. I always aim for this row. Similar to row 14 but the mini-cabin is cosier.
                          You remind me of my friend in Boarding School when we were all settling down to watch Psycho.

He said, "Oh I've seen this movie. Anthony Perkins is his own mother!!!"

They eventually took him off the life support machine....

I also loved the BTC nasi lemak and look forward to having it at my next flight.
                          Please take a picture and post here, for comparison with mine.

Remember to include route.

Originally posted by FlyingDan View Post
                          Originally posted by Ratman View Post
                          Yea, I concur
                          It was very tasty. Could be more spicy perhaps but good compromise.

Because I prefer to be sitting in 14A than the "Throne Room" Edit: I just thought of a title for another post: TR from the TR

Achar & sambal make the nasi lemak.

335am here and I'm hungry looking at the nasi lemak.
                          You see what I mean?

9V-SIA, did your nasi lemak taste authentic? I don't know how yours could be tasty when mine isn't? Different catering? Cannot be.
                          Authentic? No. Not spicy enough. But still delicious. Different catering? Different cook more like.

Same with the carrot cake. The all time best for me was on SIN-EWR... lots of chai por

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                          I had a nasi lemak in KF lounge T3 once, and it was deliciously good.. very lemak..
                          It doesn't look very good. But good example of why taste more important than looks

Mine wasn't very lemak. Bad coconut milk = trouble onboard maybe..

Originally posted by coffeeblack View Post
                          I agree but I still prefer the A380 somehow. It just seems quieter than any of the 777s
                          The front cabin in J is even more quiet than R. It can be too quiet.

You can hear the rustling of newspapers, snoring... or other "bodily sounds"
                          Last edited by 9V-SIA; 27 July 2010, 08:43 PM.

Comment

77W Interiors

Most of us on SQTalk are probably familiar with what the J cabin looks like, but for those who are new here...

The Main Cabin consists row 14 to 22 in a 1-2-1 (A - DF - K) seating arrangement.

Overhead lockers are missing for the middle row seats giving a very spacious cabin.

Row 14 does not have middle seats DF to make room for the galley.

Mini Cabin ( forward of the galley and toilets ) only has 2 rows 11 & 12.

From the back of the Main Cabin.. note the IFE screen in bassinet rows 14 and 15 sticking out because of bassinet anchor points

From my seat 14A

So which is the best J seat on the 77W?

Bulkhead Seats of course! 11ADFK 15DF and 14AK

Bulkhead seats are nicer because the leg rest extends the entire width of your space.

Which is the best bulkhead seat?

Strictly speaking, one should differentiate bulkhead- row 11 - and bassinet row 14AK and 15DF

I thought they were the same till this flight.

14A

View of the galley from 14A

Looking over my right shoulder at 15D

15DF

Note the galley in place of 14DF

Side view of 15DF. Unoccupied on my flight. These seats are not bad if you don't need a window

View of 14A from 15D

Mini cabin for comparison

11DF

Bottle of 7UP to whoever tells me what problem I had in 14A...

And for completeness, bulkhead seat 11A on A380...

... and 30A on A345

Last edited by 9V-SIA; 10 September 2010, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Noisy galley?

Comment

Smell from the lavs?

Comment

Working...
                                X