No announcement yet.

Round The World in BCOS on SQ, 6K, DG, BD, LX and UA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was my first visit to the new terminal since *A airlines moved from their previous posts.
    I must say I am sad that there is no more an SKL in ICN. As time goes by, it seems SQ will end up with just a pair of SKLs at Changi in the not so distant future.

In any case, we made our way to the Asiana lounge. It has a nice marble clad entrance. As can be seen on the picture, F section is to the left and business class is to the right.

The lounge offers ample seating and at the time when SQ15 arrives, it seems very few F pax will be present. We only saw one other passenger coming in and leaving very soon after.

By the time we landed in ICN, it was dark outside, but still you can have a view of aircraft movements through the window:

I must say that the wooden glass doors make the lounge feel smaller than the old lounge. But it looks like they can be slided open and perhaps they do open them when there is daylight outside.
    The lounge has a large buffet of food offerings:

My apologies for the picture being a bit blurry. By that time, the Krug was starting to have a detrimental effect on my camera holding capabilities!

Soon to come: The selection of food.

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaFlyingProf View Post

My apologies for the picture being a bit blurry. By that time, the Krug was starting to have a detrimental effect on my camera holding capabilities!
      Is that you in the picture? So, the tripod had too much Krug?
      Soon to come: The selection of food.
      Can't wait for food always! Something sweet?

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
        Is that you in the picture? So, the tripod had too much Krug?
        Well my friendly human bipod taking that picture for me also had quite a bit of Krug.

Comment

Mr DeltaFlyingProf, that caviar looks double portion.

Comment

Originally posted by SQFM View Post
            Mr DeltaFlyingProf, that caviar looks double portion.
            It is close to normal portion, but given that we were only two in F, I am sure they had no reason to make the portions smaller.

Comment

It is close to normal portion, but given that we were only two in F, I am sure they had no reason to make the portions smaller.
              BTW, do you realize that now SQ uses the caviar jar serving like on NH? So your serving would be a normal one. may be only 2 jars were uploaded for your flight since only 2 pax confirmed.

Comment

BTW, do you realize that now SQ uses the caviar jar serving like on NH? So your serving would be a normal one. may be only 2 jars were uploaded for your flight since only 2 pax confirmed.
                I did not see them prepare it, so I have no idea... And I did not know that they use small jars now.

Comment

I've put some more on your plate!
                  Oh, you're so pun-ny. Oh How I wish it was my plate. More like yours. Me hungry

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
                    Oh, you're so pun-ny. Oh How I wish it was my plate. More like yours. Me hungry
                    That's a great one!

Comment

The Asiana lounge food offering seemed pretty good. I did not try any food as I was full from the previous flight.

There is some seafood, cold cuts and a few sweets:

Then pastries and bread:

More interesting looking are the ribs:

And then finally I photographed the chicken:

I can't explain why these pictures aren't blurry, as I was not any more sober when I took them than when I entered the lounge!

Don't go away, watch our next episode:
                      The OZ F lounge showers and bathrooms!

PS: This show's ratings are pretty good! It passed the 5% viewership of the mother of all TR's! Only 19 times as many to go!

Comment

DFP, are the ribs and chicken individual plates one can just take, or there is a set of tongs from which a guest selects one rib/slice?
                        HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                          DFP, are the ribs and chicken individual plates one can just take, or there is a set of tongs from which a guest selects one rib/slice?
                          You have to help yourself with tongs.

Comment

How do you compare the food and drinks selection with the old now closed SKL at ICN? Looking at your pictures, the old SKL had more varieties.

My spelling is bad. Is it tongs or thong?

Comment

How do you compare the food and drinks selection with the old now closed SKL at ICN? Looking at your pictures, the old SKL had more varieties.
                              Similar choices in one way. But no caviar next to the salmon like the SKL used to have.

Tongs

Comment

SQ LPP, I'm disappointed that it took 43 posts for you to inject some decent humor into this thread.
                                HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
                                X