Round The World in BCOS on SQ, 6K, DG, BD, LX and UA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Round The World in BCOS on SQ, 6K, DG, BD, LX and UA

This is the first post of an upcoming series on the RTW I am doing to use the return portion of my ticket on the A380 in R class for which I posted a report of the outbound portion.

I guess I have a lot to learn from nickbot and I hope to show myself to be a good student in his mastery of suspense techniques!
    So, to get it started in a good way, this is just a teaser post! Its goal is to have all of you figure out what BCOS means!

Looking forward to the report DFP

A few guesses on the BCOS acronym (sorry, the best I could come up with at short notice)...

BD Cheap O-class Seats?

Behind the Cockpit On SQ?

Beautiful Class Of Service?

"Why go RTW?",..."Well, just B'COS!"

F Class = Better than C Or Steerage

"Why travel in F?",..."Because Cheaper seats Often Smell!"
    Last edited by nickbot; 28 November 2008, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Broad Classes Of Service?

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
        A far more educated guess than mine StarG

...but as we all know, DFP only travels in F

Comment

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
          Looking forward to the report DFP

A few guesses on the BCOS acronym (sorry, the best I could come up with at short notice)...

BD Cheap O-class Seats?
          Behind the Cockpit On SQ?
          Beautiful Class Of Service?
          "Why go RTW?",..."Well, just B'COS!"
          F Class = Better than C Or Steerage
          "Why travel in F?",..."Well, Because Cheaper seats Often Smell!"
          Very imaginative! You are showing us once more you are the master of TRs!
          Originally posted by StarG View Post
          Nice one too. let's say there will be some F and some R at least.

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaFlyingProf View Post
            Very imaginative! You are showing us once more you are the master of TRs!
            Thank you sir, you are too kind Perhaps I can finish mine before you complete this one

Originally posted by DeltaFlyingProf
            Nice one too. let's say there will be some F and some R at least.
            ...may I refer you to the small print in my (now edited) post #4

Comment

...may I refer you to the small print in my (now edited) post #4
              Well yes, you can refer to it! When truth be revealed, we will make reference to it!

Comment

Well yes, you can refer to it! When truth be revealed, we will make reference to it!
                Gosh, I wasn't aware that there was a higher class than F/R, as I simply can't see DFP moving down the ladder,...private jet perchance?

Comment

Gosh, I wasn't aware that there was a higher class than F/R, as I simply can't see DFP moving down the ladder,...private jet perchance?
                  And I had always thought it was a podium!

Comment

To follow the lessons of TR posting given by nickbot, this is a place holder for the first flight report and/or pictures!

Comment

To follow the lessons of TR posting given by nickbot, this is a place holder for the first flight report and/or pictures!
                      Ah... I see where this is heading... a masterclass building upon the finer points of nickbot's textbook introduction to Suspense 101, then?

Hopefully not culminating in 'suspension' altogether!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                        Ah... I see where this is heading... a masterclass building upon the finer points of nickbot's textbook introduction to Suspense 101, then?

Hopefully not culminating in 'suspension' altogether!?!
                        Absolutely! I am trying to be a good student of the nickbot Master School of Trip Report Writing!

Comment

Well let's get started with the TR!!!

It started on a sunny Friday and my companion and I went to SFO to check in for SQ 15. Check in was a bit slow because we asked them to change the frequent flyer numbers in the record and because we would be using different tickets for the next flight. But after checking in, we proceeded through security.

In SFO, whether you get access to a premium lane is a bit of a gamble. Sometimes you do and some times the agent have no idea what a premium passenger lane is. This time, it was the total opposite. There was almost nobody in the security lane, but the agent in the regular lane insisted we go to the premium lane. We saved a whole one minute, I am pretty sure!

After security, we proceeded to the SKL and started working on finishing booking a flight for our return. It seems that every communication system was conspiring against us!!! The SKL Internet access stopped working after two minutes, then my wireless modem could not get a signal and when I tried to call the airline directly internationally, my phone company would not let me do it!
                          All in all, no time to enjoy the lounge and instead, going to board feeling a bit worried that we may not get a ticket back and would have to do last minute changes to our plans. Soon we went to board.

Boarding was painless and I was quite happy, though incredulous that I was on board:

However, a bit of Dom Perignon 2000 did help me relax!

Many of you know I prefer Krug, but in SFO, SQ has paid taxes only on the Dom, thus I had a glass of it before takeof.

After take off, I switched to Krug and nuts were served promptly!

More to come...

Comment

Absolutely! I am trying to be a good student of the nickbot Master School of Trip Report Writing!
                            In that case, I just hope I can stay one lecture ahead of my student Let's not forget, it was your report, and that of your esteemed friend Sir that inspired my TRs in the first place!

Enjoyed the first installment of your report, very much looking forward to the rest

Comment

Flying Duo

On the SFO-ICN sector, First Class was empty except for the two of us.
                              I guess that's not flying solo, but it's the best one can do when there are two people flying together! As a result, service was excellent!

The Flight Attendants told us that there would be some pretty strong turbulence one and a half hour after take off and she asked us if we wanted to wait until after passing the turbulence area, or before we would reach it.
                              We opted for the latter and shortly after takeoff, the table was set.

You will notice that there are two glasses of Champagne and that is because I wanted to compare the Dom 2000 and the Krug. Both are excellent I must say!

The menu had a choice of two appetizers. The usual caviar and a smoked salmon were listed and I decided to have both:

It was brought to my attention that the vodka served with the caviar was served in the wrong glass. Nothing major but it is true that it is a heavy glass for a high alcohol drink and that I did have a bit of a weird feeling when holding it in my hand.

You might conclude by looking at the glasses on both pictures that refill of the two Champagnes happened at different time and that the second picture was taken after the Dom was refilled but before that Krug was. If you do make such a conclusion, you would be correct!
                              Write to the unspecified address to check if you won a prize!

To be continued!
                              Last edited by DeltaFlyingProf; 2 December 2008, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X