No announcement yet.

F RTW for 77W inaugural.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shame there is no Connexion on these 77W's. It would make for an interesting running (or flying) commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
      Shame there is no Connexion on these 77W's. It would make for an interesting running (or flying) commentary.
      -SWA has a Connexion-type box (unlike -SWB), but we're not sure if it's a real Connexion box or not.

Comment

Can one kind soul CGK Manflyer, J777 or perhaps shortfinals collect a B777-300ER brochure for me?

Thank you very nicely...

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
          Can one kind soul CGK Manflyer, J777 or perhaps shortfinals collect a B777-300ER brochure for me?

Thank you very nicely...
          But I'm not even flying on that plane ........ It's a pipe dream for me

Comment

Have they got a brochure for the 773ER ?. I've got some of the new products brochure's if you want one of them.

Comment

MANFlyer, is that the 25 or so page brochure? I called SQLON and they said that they would only receive copies next month. SQ SIN is not even aware of it though I'll give head office a try in January.

Got any pictures?

Comment

Here we are in Paris! Checked into le Meridien. So here are the few comments about the flight:

The entire row 2 of SQ-334 answered the call of FT! 2A had not been online for a while, but he is none other than CDG1k, 2C was myself, 2D CGK and 2F Norway_Asia. plkong had seat 42H.
                After a meeting in the SKL-F, we all proceeded to gate F54 where a party was going on with some French food and we also got a leather passport holder as a gift. Pictures were being taken and offered to the passenger, printed with a surounding frame comemorating first 77W flight.
                We boarded a bit later and the exploration of the cabin started. Before getting into the First Class cabin, the doors of the galley and toilets have a fake wood cover that opens the tone for what's coming next. The First class cabin has nice rich colors as reflected by the pictures on SQ's web site. To talk about the seat and the cabin, there are good things and not-so-good things....
                The bad part is that there is no overhead compartments in the F cabin at all. So you are expected to put your carry on in the footwell of the seat. I do not find this nice at all as I have long legs and I could not extend them into the footwell with my rollaboard put in there. Luckily one of the FAs took it to a storage compartment.
                The feeling in the seat is a lot more closed than the SkySuite. The absence of overhead bins gives a nice ceiling with a spacious feel, but otherwise the feel in one seat is of a rather closed space. Very wide, but not that long.
                About the width of the seat and the fact that you can only have one elbow on an armrest, I did not find it annoying at all. Just putting a pillow under the other arm is comfortable.
                The TV screen is of course large and very nice. The new KrisWorld is more responsive than the old one, but the flight path display stopped working in midflight. In fact when I woke up at the end of the flight, I thought we still had 6h or so of flying to go and was surprised to hear that we would be landing in just one hour.
                The seat cannot be brought to a horizontal position without standing and it will only recline to about a 45 degree angle.
                The turndown service does make a very nice bed and I did like it and liked that you can roll in bed and more easily sleep in any position than in the SkySuite. The foot part does not however have the full width and this is a minor negative point of the seat.

About the service:
                There are new menu binders and a slightly different organization of the menu. No more string to hold the menu to the binder. Now the front and back pages go into flaps of the binder. There is now in front of the main supper offering a page with a chef proposition of selections of appetizer, soup, entree and wine to go with it.
                The new place setting is really nice looking, It has two lines accross the caviar pattern of the presentation plate, but not all FAs orient the lines in a particular way. For my supper, the FA did not do it, but for my breakfast, another FA did pay attention to it.

More to come.

Comment

I will let CGK post the menu maybe in the F menu thread or here.

One of the good things of the seat and the adjustable table is that you can have breakfast in bed! That's really neat and I liked it.

There were some negative issues with the whole experience:
                  First the technical issues with the seat:
                  On my seat, there was already a stain on the leather. And then, the overhead reading light did not work! That was a major annoyance to me, as I like to enjoy the visual part of the food offering under a bright warm light. The light could not be fixed.
                  The small reading lights on the side are also a bit strange. The one to the aisle side of the seat can be oriented fine forward to whatever you are reading. However, the seat belt positioning forces you to sit on the oposite side if the seat belt sign is turned on, so that light is too far. The oposite side light CANNOT be directed forward enough and is pretty much useless... The color of those lights are of a very cold white that I never like and thus I could never get the light I wanted on my food.
                  Finally, the table was very hard to move! This happens on some SkySuites, but for a new seat, it was unacceptable! There was no way I could move the table to get out of the seat comfortably without creating such jerks of the table that the water glass spattered on the table cloth.

Overall, CGK and I were less than satisfied with the service.
                  Some good points:
                  plkong was allowed to come talk with us in the front cabin. He was served Dom and after a while, to not bother the F passengers with our chat, we moved to the very rear galley area. When we had emptied our glasses of champagne, I went back to F to ask if we could get more champagne and the FA nicely came to the back with three champagne flutes and a whole new bottle of Dom. He even offered some to a passing Y passenger.

The bad points (unfortunately the list is longer than the good point one):

CGK had ordered a cake and it was correctly documented on my boarding pass that I should get one. The cake was not offered and they never asked when I wanted it. Maybe the cake got a very low priority in the service organization because this flight has no dessert (only fruits) on the menu.

The usual cleaning of the bathrooms did not happen. The bathroom became rather bad. The sink at the end of the flight was clogged and the disposal bin was overflowing.

The most annoying point was that at landing, I went to change back to my clothes and nobody had undone the bed. Fine I thought, I'll just wait. Then with all the announcements that we were going to land, I started pulling the duvets and pillows off the seat, but none of the passing FAs even cared to help not even to take notice of the situation.
                  I realized that you cannot on your own fold the bed back up to the seat position. It is not a simple maneuver as there is some locking mechanism.
                  I had pushed the duvets and pillows under the bed and nobody had come yet. I tried to grab the attention of some passing FA but she went so fast she did not notice me once again. Then I heard the announcement telling the FAs to go to their landing stations and my seat was still not back in its normal position! I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT! There I was, standing next to my seat in its bed position and nobody cared and we were about to touch down in less than 5 minutes! I thought maybe I was having a nightmare that made me think I was flying a US airline! This is not the SQ I've come to love.
                  Finally I grabbed the attention of a male FA who finally folded my seat back.

Comment

Not exactly the best start. Let's hope things turn for the better.

Comment

Thanks for the trip report, DeltaFlyingProf! My initial reaction is one of shock at the fact that if you hadn't taken action, the plane might have landed with you standing next to your seat in a flat position!

Comment

Note from CGK: No suede slippers.

Comment

Thanks for that fantastic trip report! I'm a little surprised at the service level - very unSQ. Have you got any comments about the new Business Class seats? I'm flying MXP-SIN on 21 Dec.

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaFlyingProf View Post
                            The usual cleaning of the bathrooms did not happen. The bathroom became rather bad. The sink at the end of the flight was clogged and the disposal bin was overflowing.

The most annoying point was that at landing, I went to change back to my clothes and nobody had undone the bed. Fine I thought, I'll just wait. Then with all the announcements that we were going to land, I started pulling the duvets and pillows off the seat, but none of the passing FAs even cared to help not even to take notice of the situation.
                            I realized that you cannot on your own fold the bed back up to the seat position. It is not a simple maneuver as there is some locking mechanism.
                            I had pushed the duvets and pillows under the bed and nobody had come yet. I tried to grab the attention of some passing FA but she went so fast she did not notice me once again. Then I heard the announcement telling the FAs to go to their landing stations and my seat was still not back in its normal position! I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT! There I was, standing next to my seat in its bed position and nobody cared and we were about to touch down in less than 5 minutes! I thought maybe I was having a nightmare that made me think I was flying a US airline! This is not the SQ I've come to love.
                            Finally I grabbed the attention of a male FA who finally folded my seat back.
                            This is totally unacceptable, and you should let them know about it. Very un-SQ as well.

I can't understand why they have gone for a flip bed in F anyway. When I questioned this they mentioned something about cutting down on mechanical/electrical content, which I think is a poor excuse to be honest.

Comment

They better iron the kinks out quickly, or those double-miles redemption levels are going to look even more unreasonable than they currently do!

I wish I could listen in on the debrief the managers must be having about the flight. CGK and DFP, I hope you gave them comments they can chew on.
                              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

This is CGK:

Overall, the crew in F was un-SQ like and totally disorganized. The bathrooms are not cleaned regularly. Prior to landing, I was rushed to change from my pjs, and the sink was clogged... decided not to brush my teeth since I could guess what would happen.

To be continued. (My rant about SQ doesn't love me anymore... )

Comment

Working...
                                X