No announcement yet.

F RTW for 77W inaugural.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the detailed trip report. Very interesting to read how SQ handled the lengthy delay. Sounds like pretty good all-around. Hopefully my outbound in ten days' time will go a bit more smoothly.

Comment

A little more of the trip report.

I did get a good sleep and we landed in HKG at 10pm. This was my first landing in the new HKG airport. My last landing in HK was at the old airport on SQ2... in the cockpit. Fantastic experience But that's OT!

We proceeded to the SKL to get new BPs and once we had them, took the train to go to the VS CH. It is a strange layout with the narrow corridor, but otherwise pleasant. I took a welcome shower and we went back to gate 22 to board for SIN.

I had checked availability before leaving SFO on SQ1 HKG-SIN and expertflyer showed F4 A4, but the first class cabin was totally full. Service was good and the flight was without any trouble.

Arrived in SIN at 3AM, a lot of agents were at the exit of the plane with signs for connecting passengers. I did not see my flight or my name listed on the board so I continued and turned back to wait for CGK, but being well known by the white coat ladies, he got grabbed by one of them and directed to the side. I went to join him to a table setup to help people with connections. There I saw a BP with my name and told the lady it was for me. To my surprise (I had booked a hotel), they had prepared a hotel with taxi both ways and breakfast, lunch, dinner, and refreshments. The hotel was the Marina Mandarin Hotel and the hotel checked me in, but they told me normally such rooms were booked for the night and checkout would be 12pm. They said they may have to charge me if I wanted late checkout in case SQ would not cover it. I was not happy to hear that, but the two gentlemen working at this wee hour did not seem to be very experienced, so I decided to leave dealing with this issue to the next day.
      This morning, I called SQ to ask what I was entitled to and got a lady who told me she'd check and call the hotel to tell them to let me know. 10 minutes later I got a call from the hotel reception telling me the night agents were wrong to have told me what they had told me and that I could check out at 8pm.

I have done so and am now back at the airport for my side trip and met up with CGK who has been brandishing a green BP to whomever wants to listen to him tell them that I am responsible for the color of his BP ! We also got the BPs issued for tomorrow's flight and if I can find how to get the picture of them posted in the thread, I will.

More to come later.

Comment

DFP, please feel free to send pics to me through mail (lukegt@sqtalk.com) and i'll upload them for u.
        There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
        If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaFlyingProf View Post
          My last landing in HK was at the old airport on SQ2... in the cockpit. Fantastic experience But that's OT!
          Go OT all you want with THAT experience. Perhaps use it as a contrast to the landing yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaFlyingProf View Post
            I continued and turned back to wait for CGK, but being well known by the white coat ladies, he got grabbed by one of them and directed to the side.

They are all on alert when the VVVIP arrives.

I have done so and am now back at the airport for my side trip and met up with CGK who has been brandishing a green BP to whomever wants to listen to him tell them that I am responsible for the color of his BP !
            Brilliant.

This is turning into an excellent and rather amusing story. Keep it coming, both of you

Comment

CGK and DeltaFlyingProf, do let us knw if they've changed the BP on the new plane. I have this feeling it'll say "Busniess Class" on it instead of "Raffles Class." Ask them about it (since we all know you two will be in F).

Comment

I see it's now popped up on the bottom of the board under 'Today's Events'.

Comment

What's popped up?

Comment

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
                    CGK and DeltaFlyingProf, do let us knw if they've changed the BP on the new plane. I have this feeling it'll say "Busniess Class" on it instead of "Raffles Class." Ask them about it (since we all know you two will be in F).
                    We still get the same BP in red. Nothing changed. So may be SQ doesn't introduce a new set of BPs yet.

Note: An echoing whisper whether there will be gifts given out to the first flight pax is reflecting on the walls of SKL.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                      We still get the same BP in red. Nothing changed. So may be SQ doesn't introduce a new set of BPs yet.

Note: An echoing whisper whether there will be gifts given out to the first flight pax is reflecting on the walls of SKL.
                      No of course you two will get the regular red BP. I'm saying when you go to the gate, see if they have new BPs for C, since it won't be labelled as Raffles anymore, right?

Comment

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
                        I'm saying when you go to the gate, see if they have new BPs for C, since it won't be labelled as Raffles anymore, right?
                        I will check at the gate. But I had been asking the staff of SKL as well as the check-in agents at Changi, there is no new BP. It's only that no more Raffles Class but Business Class for all references. The BP stocks they have are still showing Raffles Class.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                          I will check at the gate. But I had been asking the staff of SKL as well as the check-in agents at Changi, there is no new BP. It's only that no more Raffles Class but Business Class for all references. The BP stocks they have are still showing Raffles Class.
                          You'd think that they would introduce new BPs when introducing a new name for C. It would be a good way to keep the marketing aspect in order.

Comment

We are at SKL F now. Norway_Asia, plkong, StarG, J777, and DeltaFlyingProf are with me. Supposedly zvedva will join later. Very exciting.

Comment

I mis-posted the following to the News Brief thread:

We are now in the SKL F where quite a few FTers are...
                              in addition to CGK and myself, StarG, plkong, Norway_Asia and Jubilee777 are here. CGK is now in the shower to change to his special inaugural-flight-outfit!

Comment

ooh...can't wait for the pics.

Comment

Working...
                                X