Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
    KeithMEL,
    Was the Wulai trip a daytrip from Taipei or did you stay overnight?
    It was an easy day trip, however there are hotels there if you wish to stay overnight.

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
    The hotspring bath seems to be an individual little tub in the hotel room! Do they not do big communal ones like in Japan?

Would you know if there were any other hot spring resorts nearish Taipei?
    Paging taipeiflyer...

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
    Food looks good. I am so tempted.
    That alone is reason enough to visit TPE over and over again. V cheap (comparatively) shopping too btw.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

• Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
      It was an easy day trip, however there are hotels there if you wish to stay overnight.

Paging taipeiflyer...

That alone is reason enough to visit TPE over and over again. V cheap (comparatively) shopping too btw.
      hi phaleesy... accessing wulai is very simple- a 40 minute MRT ride from central taipei and then a 30 minute bus ride. there are also taxis that can be taken outside of the MRT station that would cost you about 15USD. there are a mix of hot springs... you can do individual, couples or communal... depending on if you prefer au natural or not. and there are several luxury hotels there as well, if you feel like spending the night or a couple of days... my personal recommendation would be the landis hotel- it is one of the most easily accessible, and the most luxurious.
      yes, the food is truly second-to-none... even when compared to some of singapore's finest hawker centers.

Comment

• How long would one recommend touring Taipei?

Comment

• I'd say 4-5 days for a decent 'experience'..

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
            I'd say 4-5 days for a decent 'experience'..
            Thanks! Do you know of any 'gay' resources I can consult to find good gay clubs etc?

Comment

• Umm, I can't help you there, but if you ask around... I'm sure there are others more knowledgeable / qualified to comment on this.

Comment

• Originally posted by WittyBoston View Post
                Thanks! Do you know of any 'gay' resources I can consult to find good gay clubs etc?
                watersheds is a gay bar with a good vibe... nice selection of beers and pleasant atmosphere. Cafe Dalida is a gay bar located in the Red Theater District, Taipei's gay-friendly area (actually, all of TPE is gay-friendly). Take the MRT to the Ximen station (blue line) and when you get off you are right in the heart of the area. Funky is an underground club that is one of Taipei's busiest gay nightclubs. The Source is a popular gay club if you want a nice selection of foreign and domestic (not talking about beer this time). And Fresh is one of the best because there is no cover charge (except on Fri and Sat when it is about $10USD), and its three stories tall with an outdoor deck on the top where you can get some fresh air after dancing for hours. Luxy, which is a mixed club on most nights, does have a gay night during the week, but i am not sure which night that is.

Comment

• Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
                  watersheds is a gay bar with a good vibe... nice selection of beers and pleasant atmosphere. Cafe Dalida is a gay bar located in the Red Theater District, Taipei's gay-friendly area (actually, all of TPE is gay-friendly). Take the MRT to the Ximen station (blue line) and when you get off you are right in the heart of the area. Funky is an underground club that is one of Taipei's busiest gay nightclubs. The Source is a popular gay club if you want a nice selection of foreign and domestic (not talking about beer this time). And Fresh is one of the best because there is no cover charge (except on Fri and Sat when it is about $10USD), and its three stories tall with an outdoor deck on the top where you can get some fresh air after dancing for hours. Luxy, which is a mixed club on most nights, does have a gay night during the week, but i am not sure which night that is.
                  Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X