No announcement yet.

Flo around the world 08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So after taking so long to log on to SQT, I had much catching up to do on your Opus. In the process of reading and talking on the phone, SQT logged me out again. Perhaps a new lobbying for a 30 min time limit is necessary...hmmm...

Anyway...some comments: :-) -- I put a smily face here, but had to remove it because of the 12 image limit. (angry face) ;-)

Originally posted by florianwagner View Post
    Anyway, the flight attendants on this flight were so gorgeous. Especially Belma, a dark-haired girl, made the short hop really pleasant for me. Not only did she appoint me to my seat, she also was great to look at: she smiled all the time and was very welcoming. Totally fitted her pretty appearance. I really like it when people love what they are doing. You instantly know you are in good hands when these people take care of you and Belma was not only the best looking FA I had on my RTW trip, she also did everything she had to do with a smile and passion for her job. Unfortunately I was too shy, but also too sleepy to snatch a photo of her
    You know HUGE AL finds this behavior unforgivable. Pics and phone numbers should have been taken down. If not for you, think of the rest of us!

taipeiflyer, HUGE AL and me picked up zander at his hotel...
    Didn't we make the poor guy take a cab to the restaurant? taipeiflyer even busted out his raunchy Mandarin!

...drinking and airline-stuff as we went for an encore at HUGE AL's LA residency and checked out airfares and my bmi ticket for next easter. So far I got my way out of Europe booked up all the way to Taipei - the other sectors had to wait.
    Yeah, these fools were at my desk until 6am doing all kinds of CRAZY SQT stuff on my laptop while we all polished off taipeiflyer's bottle of JW Blue (left over from KeithMEL's visit -- , I know KeithMEL...we can hear you from here. )

So ... what I wanted to say was that it was one of those evenings you probably never forget in your life: good conversation, good laughs and awesome people. I do not need touristy stuff as long as I can have that so having missed out on the famous places and the shopping pretty much does not matter to me because I know I did the best with my time!
    You know, it was all because of the:

sounds dodgy but tastes delish:
    potatoes with cheese, ham and foie gras

[/center]
    I laughed my ass off when I saw this pic. Didn't you shoot some others? Dude, you gotta e-mail me the full sized ones.

I did not want to call it a day because it was such a great evening but I had a flight the next morning so I had to head home. taipeiflyer and I shared a cab and I had to pack in like 20 minutes ... which I did and I was pretty relieved that everything fitted my suitcase.
    I'm surprised and glad you made your flight after pulling a KeithMEL!

Welcome drinks were served and I had the champaign - KeithMEL style
    Flo is quite the trooper!
    HUGE AL

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
      Didn't we make the poor guy take a cab to the restaurant? taipeiflyer even busted out his raunchy Mandarin!
      Nah its alright But it was pretty hilarious hearing taipeiflyer telling flo to give the directions in mandarin by repeating after him.
      And taipeiflyer mandarin is pretty good i must say.

Comment

• He is quite good with the numbers...
        HUGE AL

Comment

• I'll join others in heaping well-deserved accolades on the TR. Awesome read, flo.
          Last edited by jjpb3; 1 September 2008, 11:31 PM. Reason: wording
          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

• Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
            I'll join others in heaping well-deserved accolades on the TR. Awesome read, flo.
            +1. I'm glad you had such a good trip and thanks for sharing it with us.

Comment

• I am glad to read your successful round-the-world trip. Lucky lad! Wish I had this kind of chance when I was young. And a big bird told me that soon it will be a premium class round-the-world trip report in the making. Have fun and looking forward to reading them.
              Happy flying!

Note: The guy and the gal at your pic looked so familiar.

Comment

• Thank you all for your kind comments I needed those ... my new job is quite time-consuming so I wasn't really able to write!

For all of you who still wait for picture packages... I am currently re-editing them - I will send them to you ASAP!
                Home is where your heart is.

Comment

• Awsome TR!

In front of me there were two German men who behaved like total barbarians, ridiculing the FA's, not speaking any English at all and being just PITA's in general. This is not meant as a generalization but I have experienced this on FRA-bound flights on SQ before!
                  Sorry to hear about your bad experiences. Not all of us behave like this! (just everyone flying FRA-JFK with you - the rest of us will only speak to the FA's to complain that we can't smoke onboard or visit the cockpit )
                  Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

Working...
                  X