• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taxied to runway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXn1gr7SyUs

Departure from Rwy34R.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLIJCGm5siY

Taking a look at the food and beverages menus. There were 2 separate menus for food and drinks.

Beverages

Food menu. Lunch would be served after departure, and afternoon tea prior to landing.

My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Climbing to cruise.

View towards economy before curtains were drawn.

Comfortable Royal Silk cabin.

Meal preferences were taken before departure, and crew were already preparing for meal service in the galley.

Visit to the lavatory at the front. It was just a standard B787 lavatory, stocked with some lotions and decorated with more orchids.

Starting my inflight entertainment.

Cruising above Korea.

An assortment of nuts were offered, along with another drink which I ordered another of TG's signature drink, Violet Bliss. It is a traditional Thai butterfly-pea with lime drink, and is delicious as well! Also had a champagne, which is served in a champagne flute.

My Travel Map

Comment

Flight map could be shown on the IFE controller as well.

Lunch service commenced shortly after. Maybe due to the low load, all courses were delivered by hand from the galley, with no trolleys used as all. The starter course was presented, along with garlic bread and soft roll. The prawn starter was average, nothing spectacular.

Starter and bread course was cleared and the main courses were delivered on a separate tray. For the main course, my friend selected the Korean option of Chicken thigh in Korean sauce with steamed rice, along with Korean side dishes. Taste was pretty good.

I had the Samrab Thai option of Beef in Pa Neang curry, with a thai soup, egg and rice. This tasted rather authentic and was excellent as well.

Next was the cheese and fruit plate, which looked pretty disappointing.

The desserts, however, were beautifully presented. The mango ice-cream with sticky rice was very good, but the mousse was a bit too sweet.

Ending the meal with a cappuccino and a chocolate. A satisfying dining experience on TG.

Crew clearing the cabin after meal service.

My Travel Map

Comment

20MB of free internet wifi access was provided to all Royal Silk passengers. Internet worked fine, but 20MB was used up in a flash. A bottle of water was also provided.

Cabin view

At the southern coast of Taiwan.

The seat can be reclined into a flat bed. Personally, I preferred to adjust the seat to be in a slight cradle, and managed to catch a few winks.

About an hour before arrival, I woke up while we were somewhere over Vietnam.

Afternoon tea was served, which consisted of a cheese and salmon sandwich and a warm fruit scone with butter and jam. The cold sandwich was forgettable, but the warm scone was delicious! And of course, I had another glass of Violet Bliss.

View out the window.

My Travel Map

Comment

Nearing Bangkok.

While I started on a second movie.

Requested for more mixed nuts as it was so good.

Before arrival, an arrival video was shown.

Arrival gate and connecting flight info were also available. To my surprised, TG showed the information of my connecting SQ flight, as I don't recall SQ ever showing connecting flights on other airlines other than SQ/MI (correct me if I am wrong).

Route flown.

Descending into Bangkok. The crew actually came around and genuinely thanked us for flying with them!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03u7FWalfHQ

Landing on Rwy19R slightly ahead of schedule.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCRu77rxcCw

My Travel Map

Comment

Landed an taxied to the gate. We were allocated a remote stand, but luckily it was near the terminal building and taxi was short. Parked beside an El Al B772.

Last look at the comfortable seat.

Royal Silk passengers were allowed to disembark ahead of Economy, but there was no dedicated transfer bus for Royal Silk passengers. First-world problem, I know.

Tarmac tour during the short ride to the terminal for my 1.5hr transit. More Dreamliners spotted during the ride. There was also a lonesome Jet Asia B767 parked on the remote stand for quite some time already (saw it as well on the same stand less than a month ago). Anyone has any idea if it is still flying?

I am certainly very satisfied with the Thai Airways Royal Silk Class experience on this mid-haul. Service by the TG crew was very genuine and warm. Though they may not be as polished as SQ crew, the personal touch and service 'from the heart' can be definitely be felt, which is lacking on many carriers today. Catering was generous for this mid-haul, and seats, though not the newest, was fine. From this experience. I would definitely choose to fly on TG Royal Silk Class again in the future.

My Travel Map

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
                Arrival gate and connecting flight info were also available. To my surprised, TG showed the information of my connecting SQ flight, as I don't recall SQ ever showing connecting flights on other airlines other than SQ/MI (correct me if I am wrong).

Cause you’re on board and connecting to that flight? Make sense if TG knows which flights its passengers are connecting to and to display those flights for the benefit of the connecting passengers.

Comment

It was a pretty long walk to transfer security, which was totally empty, and we proceeded to the Silver Kris Lounge for the short layover. The lounge was very crowded and packed full. Unless you are looking for some good F&B offerings, the crowded lounge definitely did not contribute to a relaxing ambience.

Cocktail selections had changed from my last visit.

Buffet selection was excellent as before.

I only had a tom yum soup, desserts and drinks.

09 June 2019
                  Singapore Airlines
                  SQ 977
                  Bangkok (BKK) - Singapore (SIN)
                  A330-300
                  9V-STR
                  Business Class
                  Flight Time: 1H53M

Before long, we proceeded to the gate where boarding has already commenced.

Into the Business Class cabin, back to the old regional seat which is being phased out. Though I still feel that this seat is pretty decent for short-hauls. A pillow and blanket is already placed on each seat.

My Travel Map

Comment

View out the window from 16K. Kenya Airways B787 commencing its taxi.

Boarding in progress.

As per standard procedure, welcome drinks and hot towels are offered.

Requested for a champagne, which unfortunately, had no bubbles... The entire tray of champagne was lacking the bubbles....

Headphones and menu. Yes, menu booklet is still available on this BKK-SIN flight, though I read that someone in J had the menu slip instead the month before.

Prepping for departure.

Continued with my movie which I did not complete on the last sector on TG.

Pushed back and safety video played.

Taxiing to the runway. The satellite terminal construction is underway.

My Travel Map

Comment

Departure from Rwy19L.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv-r3qaeL1Q

Beautiful views of the coastline.

Flew over U-Tapao airport, a rising alternate airport to BKK, and marketed as Pattaya's airport.

Dinner menu for this flight.

Selection for SQ974 SIN-BKK sector.

My Travel Map

Comment

Elaborate beverage selection

Dinner service commenced shortly after departure. Due to the full load in Business, we only got our meal almost an hour after departure as we were the last few to be served.

As expected on the short haul, all courses were served on a single tray. I chose for the beef ribs, which came with a prawn starter and thai dessert.

The prawn salad was very fresh and refreshing.

My Travel Map

Comment

Beef short ribs was very tender and flavourful. BKK catering certainly did not disappoint.

The thai dessert was really cute.

The codfish with noodles was very tasty as well.

Ending with a chamomile tea.

44min to arrival after meal service is completed.

Lavatory is well-stocked as usual.

Cabin view

Got a SQ teddy from the crew!

Very soon, we were descending into Singapore.

My Travel Map

Comment

Nearing the destination

Landing on Rwy20R.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EljsF9eUmWk

Taxiing to Terminal 2.

Disembarked. The aircraft would be heading to Male next.

No surprises here, a short and comfortable flight on SQ Business Class. Food was good, service efficient and professional, and everything moved like clockwork as expected on SQ.

Thanks for reading and comments are welcomed.

My Travel Map

Comment

Great pics, ycp81! The TG A350 looks very nice...

Comment

Thanks ycp81 for sharing. Its been a long time since my last trip to SEL. Your TR makes me want to make another trip.

Comment

Working...
                                X