Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kyo's Bachelor Flight Of A Lifetime (Lufthansa First A380-800 FRA-SIN)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kyo+++ , the cockpit cam was a real time live cam ? It seems like a M'soft Flight Simulator Plane , by the way Awesome TR

Comment

• The Final Moments

So, thanks for making it this far and being this patient.

We're about to land!

But before that, here's a final view of the wing as we circle...

Looping Around - Gently now

And circle... loop the loop. Hang on, I recognise that landmass...

Cross-Malaysia - Oddly, we'd cut across Malaysian airspace to approach Singapore, a very indirect routing

Due South - For a second I felt like I was flying in from BKK

Mid-afternoon arrivals mean a clear view of the shipping lanes below... perhaps kapitan was onboard one of them! How I wished I could fly with him on an A380 one day.................. LOL! (please refer to my latest TR if you don't get the joke)

Singaporean Waters - Where's kapitan?!

The deeply overcast clouds still afforded a few rays of sunshine to gleam across the cityscape in the distance, a magnificent view indeed, emphasising the large windows of this bird.

Singapore's Skyline - On an overcast day

Minutes later, we had touched down. (No pictures of that, but it was buttery smooth!)

A nice German goodbye greets you upon touchdown -

Vielen Dank! - Many thanks!

As I gathered my belongings ready to deplane, the purser and crew came by to wish everyone goodbye.

I couldn't resist one last shot of the cabin - devoid of pax

LH's F - Just awesome

The Verdict:

Numero Uno - There simply isn't a better way to fly on this route! LH, you're number 1 in my book!

(and yes, I think LH has an even bigger winner over SQ's R, at a cheaper price to boot)

F Rose - Goodbye

For those who wish to prolong the LH F experience, you can neglect to eat the night chocolates and take them home instead...

'Good Night' F Chocolate - What lies inside?

F Pralines - Four sinfully delicious morsels of chocolatey goodness to send you to heaven

And for the special someone who can already afford everything money can buy... good news! There's still a Christmas gift you can get -

Ah Yes! - A Lufthansa airplane seat

And on that note... we're done, now you're all set! Thanks for reading!

The End!
      Last edited by Kyo; 26 November 2012, 12:03 PM.

Comment

• Epilogue

After this truly outstanding ride, which I really didn't want to end (there couldn't have been a better way to say goodbye to bachelorhood)... I thought to myself, how should we commemorate this special TR?

Let's involve cheese.

Cheese?

Cheese.

Why?

Because we have a fair few fans who enjoy flying with cheese. But don't know how to do it.

For those who really made it all the way to the end, here's the extra special ultra bonus edition surprise section:

The Kyo+++ Masterclass to Flying with Cheese

Step 1 - Buy super exclusive, top quality, expensive hunk of cheese.

Step 2 - Wrap.

Step 3 - Foilwrap.

Step 3 - Seal.

Step 4 - Giftwrap.

Step 5 - Fly.

Step 6 - Eat inferior cheese whilst witholding urge to consume superior cheese. And ask Purser in the meantime to safeguard and freeze superior specimen.

Step 6 - Fly 6,391 miles to Singapore.

Step 7 - Land.

Step 8 - CONSUME!

Cheese condition report upon arrival in Singapore: Perfect!

Was that so hard?

(Disclaimer: This specimen is 'Scamorza', bought in Milan from 'Peck' S.P.A. @ Via Spadari, by special recommendation of jhm. No cheese was harmed in the making of this TR. But it was ultimately sacrificed to my stomach.)

Vielen dank, Lufthansa!

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
          I'm suddenly inspired to complete that 747 farewell TR
          Please do! If I can do it, so can you!

Originally posted by Handiman View Post
          Kyo+++ , the cockpit cam was a real time live cam ? It seems like a M'soft Flight Simulator Plane , by the way Awesome TR
          Yes, it was

And I apologise for being 1 year + 1 day late for the conclusion of this TR.

Last edited by Kyo; 26 November 2012, 12:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
            (Disclaimer: This specimen is 'Scamorza', bought in Milan from 'Peck' S.P.A. @ Via Spadari, by special recommendation of jhm. No cheese was harmed in the making of this TR. But it was ultimately sacrificed to my stomach.)[/B]
            That's very nice cheese for a very reasonable price.

Thanks for the TR, Kyo. I'll probably never fly F on LH, but thanks to your TR, I feel that I've already done it!

Comment

• I have missed this TR completed in a timely manner. my bad...
              Glad to know that you have conquered the meal this time, as I remember gasping and saying "how dare you miss the meal service, KYO?" while i was reading your previous TR.

Many thanks for your wonderful TR. May i expect your new/another TR wz Mrs Kyo?

Comment

• Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                That's very nice cheese for a very reasonable price.

Thanks for the TR, Kyo. I'll probably never fly F on LH, but thanks to your TR, I feel that I've already done it!
                Thank you for your kind comments, and I hope you get to try it somehow one day

Originally posted by sushiinSYD View Post
                I have missed this TR completed in a timely manner. my bad...
                Glad to know that you have conquered the meal this time, as I remember gasping and saying "how dare you miss the meal service, KYO?" while i was reading your previous TR.

Many thanks for your wonderful TR. May i expect your new/another TR wz Mrs Kyo?
                Glad you enjoyed the TR. I still kick myself to this day for missing my first LH F dinner... *cries*

But I think I more than made up for it, don't you agree?

A new TR... I think I need a bit more arm-twisting in order to comply

Once I organise my life a bit (including photos), I might consider it. But no spectacular adventures coming up soon - I'll have to pop down to Aussieland at least three times next year, including MEL and SYD, so I might tack a more Kyo-style experience onto that somewhere in the South Pacific. Then again, I might not.

Looking at Scotland and Holland next year currently but it's gonna take awhile. I might do my last year's Italian Bachelor Road Trip, however...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                  Glad you enjoyed the TR. I still kick myself to this day for missing my first LH F dinner... *cries*

But I think I more than made up for it, don't you agree?

A new TR... I think I need a bit more arm-twisting in order to comply

Once I organise my life a bit (including photos), I might consider it. But no spectacular adventures coming up soon - I'll have to pop down to Aussieland at least three times next year, including MEL and SYD, so I might tack a more Kyo-style experience onto that somewhere in the South Pacific. Then again, I might not.

Looking at Scotland and Holland next year currently but it's gonna take awhile. I might do my last year's Italian Bachelor Road Trip, however...
                  Off course you made it
                  I wish if I could have at least half of your appetite to maximize the joy of the flight experience...? Well, I drink a lot, so in a different way...

I am quite certain there are hundreds and hundreds of SQ talkers enjoy your TR. Please everyone twist Kyo's arm!!

Whenever you are ready, please keep sharing your joyful experience with us.

regards,

Comment

Working...
                  X