No announcement yet.

SQ B777 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ866/865 utilizes 77Ws in between the european/US departures at night and their morning arrivals. so quite often when a few 77Ws are down/delayed, the route sees 773s substituted. i once even had an A380 SKT pick me on SQ865 in place of a 77W.

Comment

• I was on SQ326 operated by SWI in March. Its not only short flights that these swaps are happening.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOEING777EK View Post
        The two 772's of SQ 9V-SVG and 9V-SVI has stopped flying. Are these the next to be fitted with the 2006 Y products? Or are they being kicked from the fleet for good?
        More likely the latter. They really have no plans for the 772ER going into the future and several will leave the fleet by March next year. I can't imagine we'll see any further work done on their cabins. Only the 773s or maybe the 772 regionals are likely candidates for that now.

Comment

• On 22JUN an A380 replaced the 77W on SQ237/228. I didn't know they had that many A380s to spare, so maybe the 77Ws are really stretched.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOEING777EK View Post
            The two 772's of SQ 9V-SVG and 9V-SVI has stopped flying. Are these the next to be fitted with the 2006 Y products? Or are they being kicked from the fleet for good?
            9V-SVG was sticking out of the hangar earlier today and it had no titles or tail logo. Just basic cheatline and blue tail.
            Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
              9V-SVG was sticking out of the hangar earlier today and it had no titles or tail logo. Just basic cheatline and blue tail.
              wow that's fast, perhaps the 5 x 772ERs leaving the fleet "by March 2019" will actually be leaving much earlier in the year

anyone seen 9V-SRM around btw? been out of service for 3 weeks... seems a bit soon from my memory since the last major servicing?

Comment

• 9V-SVI performed an air test this morning.

I think SVG & SVI are in the process of leaving.

This will reduce the in-use fleet to six: SVB, SVC, SVE, SVJ, SVM, SVN. That should be quite adequate to cover the flights currently assigned to them and still allow some opportunities for backup work.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ957 View Post
                  SQ would need these 773s, although aging, for their high-premium-demand CGK flights. The 77W would not quite cut it for them - it is generally fuel-inefficient for shorter flights, while the A380 might be too large for CGK, and will result in longer turnaround times, et cetera. This is why SQ is stretching the life of these 773s beyond what is usual for SQ’s old aircraft.
                  It’s ironic and and unfortunate for those of us who fly the CGK route often that we mostlyget the oldest aircraft due to the high premium demand.

Comment

• There's a new A350 morning flight to CGK too.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                      There's a new A350 morning flight to CGK too.
                      Did you mean SQ956/957? Because I can’t seem to find any other morning CGK flight that uses the A350. (SQ962/963 is an afternoon flight.)

SQ956/957 has been using A350 equipment since 2016.

Comment

• Originally posted by Short Final View Post
                        It’s ironic and and unfortunate for those of us who fly the CGK route often that we mostly get the oldest aircraft due to the high premium demand.
                        Cue the days of 9V-SQF when it served Jakarta thrice daily during its last year alive... I personally can’t wait for the remaining classic 777s to be retired.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                          There's a new A350 morning flight to CGK too.
                          Yup, SQ 956/957. Nice to be able to take the A350 when I can get on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ957 View Post
                            Cue the days of 9V-SQF when it served Jakarta thrice daily during its last year alive... I personally can’t wait for the remaining classic 777s to be retired.
                            Haa, yes. I remember saying a “thank goodness” when Quebec Foxtrot was finally retired. Spent many hours on that bird. I can’t wait either, but I am told it’s likely gonna be a long wait as the 787s will replace A330s on other routes first, and the regional A350’s are still some time away too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Short Final View Post
                              Haa, yes. I remember saying a “thank goodness” when Quebec Foxtrot was finally retired. Spent many hours on that bird. I can’t wait either, but I am told it’s likely gonna be a long wait as the 787s will replace A330s on other routes first, and the regional A350’s are still some time away too.
                              I don’t see the 78J on the CGK route, except for replacing their sole daily CGK A330 flight (SQ964/965). The Regional A350 would be far more likely to serve CGK.

From the start of this Winter timetable we’ll have another daily A350 flight on SQ962/963 (up from the current 2x weekly), so more new aircraft flying to CGK.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                                9V-SVI performed an air test this morning.

I think SVG & SVI are in the process of leaving.

This will reduce the in-use fleet to six: SVB, SVC, SVE, SVJ, SVM, SVN. That should be quite adequate to cover the flights currently assigned to them and still allow some opportunities for backup work.
                                9V-SVI is in basic SQ livery without the logo or titles too.
                                Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

Working...
                                X