X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-qualification period

Hi All,

I'm new and There's something about the qualification period that I would like to confirm. I was under the impression that if a KF member registers for

his account, gets his/her elite status for a year but did not re-qualify after that, the new Qualification period (year) will only restart upon his first

qualifying flight (i.e. flight that earns Elite miles).

But apparently, KMS told us that the qualification period will start on the first day of the following month after the expiry of the previous Elite Status
    e.g.
    15 Mar 2007 Register for KF
    15 Sep 2007 Awarded Elite Silver
    30 Sep 2008 Elite Silver expires, did not requalify
    01 Oct 2008 Qualifying year Begins
    30 Oct 2009 Qualifying year ends
    01 Nov 2009 Qualifying year Begins
    30 Nov 2010 Qualifying year ends

Therefore, any kind soul can clarify how their "requalification period" system works? Thanks in advance!

Comment

• In your example, the qualification year would be from Oct 08 - Sep 09. Oct 2009 - Sep 2010. Qualification year is 12 months.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
        In your example, the qualification year would be from Oct 08 - Sep 09. Oct 2009 - Sep 2010. Qualification year is 12 months.
        Hi SuperJonJon,

Thanks for the reply.

So the Qualification year is not "retriggered" upon the first qualifying flight but is dependent on when is the expiry of the previous Elite Status?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kac View Post
          Hi SuperJonJon,

Thanks for the reply.

So the Qualification year is not "retriggered" upon the first qualifying flight but is dependent on when is the expiry of the previous Elite Status?
          Nope, it does not retrigger. Unless you are talking about PPS qualification.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
            Nope, it does not retrigger. Unless you are talking about PPS qualification.
            Hi Jon,

Thanks for your reply. I have just received ES but I don't think I'll be in time for EG by then... :|

Comment

• Just hit 50k miles and I am gold now! Aiya excited because 1st time in 8 years of flying hit gold

Comment

• Originally posted by khellek View Post
                Just hit 50k miles and I am gold now! Aiya excited because 1st time in 8 years of flying hit gold
                Congratulations!
                Welcome to SQTalk!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick C View Post
                  Certain individuals still insist it's 75k regardless of concensus...

I joined KF initially in June 2008 and was Silver by years end.

A couple of days ago i surprisingly earned HF Gold, for sure after reaching only 50,000miles because i know it has not been even close to 75k since June.

I need to calculated but i still even thought i had a couple of thouseand more miles left to fly before reaching 50k and Gold but hey, won't complain right.

Comment

• Hi folks,

New to this forum and i must say it has helped me alot. I actually found it by accident, only wish i knew about it earlier.

Just two questions that i have:
                    1) KF G Qualification (i know this has been covered extensively in this thread but i'm still a bit unsure)
                    - Joined KF in Jul 06
                    - Really started accumulating miles this year, and became KF S in Jul 09

Do i just need another 25k elite miles to reach KF G or do i need another 50k elite miles within this KF S membership year to get KF G?

2) I was only 150 elite miles short before reaching KF S and after a flight (SIN-TPE) which gave 2002 elite miles, i got upgraded to KF S. But KF didn't carry over the remaining 1800+ elite miles from my flight to the KF S tier. Is there any way to get KF to credit this 1800+ elite miles to my KF S tier?

Comment

• no way you can carry over the elite miles sorry.

you will need 50,000 miles in the next 12 months to qualify
                      My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

• Originally posted by Hobbes View Post
                        Hi folks,

New to this forum and i must say it has helped me alot. I actually found it by accident, only wish i knew about it earlier.

Just two questions that i have:
                        1) KF G Qualification (i know this has been covered extensively in this thread but i'm still a bit unsure)
                        - Joined KF in Jul 06
                        - Really started accumulating miles this year, and became KF S in Jul 09

Do i just need another 25k elite miles to reach KF G or do i need another 50k elite miles within this KF S membership year to get KF G?

2) I was only 150 elite miles short before reaching KF S and after a flight (SIN-TPE) which gave 2002 elite miles, i got upgraded to KF S. But KF didn't carry over the remaining 1800+ elite miles from my flight to the KF S tier. Is there any way to get KF to credit this 1800+ elite miles to my KF S tier?
                        1) What do you mean by KF S in Jul 09? Will you achieve it by Jul 09 or you have it till Jul 09? Your qualification window decides how you accrue your elite miles.If your window is Jul -Jul, you need 50k within that period. No rollover.

2) Not possible. No rollover of excess miles.

Comment

• Hi Nick, achieved KF S in Jul 09, that means the membership year is till Jul 10.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hobbes View Post
                            Hi Nick, achieved KF S in Jul 09, that means the membership year is till Jul 10.
                            Ok.

You will need 50k during this period to get KF*G since your previous JUL08-JUL09 window has already rolled over to the next window.
                            Last edited by Nick C; 30 July 2009, 07:12 PM.

Comment

• Thanks Nick.

Perhaps i'll also try like a few others here to call KF when i hit 25k elite miles in KF S tier, to see if i can get a KF G.

Comment

• hi guys, quick question related to KF G.

i am currently qualified as a KF-S, and the current window ends this coming Aug'09. i have already re-qualified for next year to Aug'10.

i am just short of about 2,000 miles to KF-G. when the current window expires (i.e. after aug), does that mean i need to accumulate another 50000 miles for KF-G?

Comment

Working...
                                X