SQTalk  

Go Back   SQTalk > Singapore Airlines > All About Singapore Airlines

Old 12th July 2018, 03:23 AM   #1201
wlgspotter
SQTalk Elite Gold

Programs: SQ, NZ, QF, VA, UA, AA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ell3 View Post
btw, photos of ZK-OKI (ex 9V-SVL) now flying on lease to Air NZ... they didn't paint over the SQ livery? (albeit with the tail bird painted over blue)
looks so awkward!
No they didn’t indeed. Being a short term lease I guess it is not worthwhile doing so. It does look weird I must say, kind of “incomplete”...

I’ve read, however, that LATAM could paint both ex SVD and SVF into their colours as I believe both are currently all white - may be easier and cheaper to paint an all white aircraft as you probably don’t have to strip off the existing livery or use more white paint to cover it, thereby adding weight to the aircraft...
wlgspotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2018, 03:30 AM   #1202
wlgspotter
SQTalk Elite Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQ228 View Post
Indeed you are right about SVD. BI returned it and its time since then has been mostly at ASP. I know what a car would smell like after being locked up in fierce heat for a few years! Perhaps the old config better matches LATAM's 787 seating requirements?
You might be right about the Spacebed config birds perhaps being a better match for LATAM’s 787, from a seat count capacity point of view.. The A-Net discussion mentions that LATAM is going to use the ex SQ birds for the SCL-AKL-SYD run, which is typically operated by the 789. LATAM’s 789 have 30 Business Class seats and 285 economy, so the Spacebeds, at 30J/C and 255Y, would better match it. Could be a downgrade for the Business pax tho as LATAM’s 789 features fully lie-flat business class seats...
Old 12th July 2018, 10:06 AM   #1203
ell3
SQTalk Elite Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlgspotter View Post
No they didn’t indeed. Being a short term lease I guess it is not worthwhile doing so. It does look weird I must say, kind of “incomplete”...

I’ve read, however, that LATAM could paint both ex SVD and SVF into their colours as I believe both are currently all white - may be easier and cheaper to paint an all white aircraft as you probably don’t have to strip off the existing livery or use more white paint to cover it, thereby adding weight to the aircraft...
more likely im surprised SQ doesnt mind having its incomplete livery flying around that way with another airline.
ell3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2018, 10:57 AM   #1204
wlgspotter
SQTalk Elite Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ell3 View Post
more likely im surprised SQ doesnt mind having its incomplete livery flying around that way with another airline.
Very true... However, remember that when SQ decided to retire SVL its logo and titles were removed, and registration was changed to an Nxxxx USA registration, as is ownership of the aircraft. I guess at that point SQ already doesn’t own nor operate the aircraft and hence have “no say” in what is painted on the aircraft... If they are really concerned they would have remove their livery completely from the aircraft before the transfer of ownership. As it stands Air New Zealand leased it directly from BCC (Boeing Capital Corp) and must have decided it isn;t worthwhile painting it...

It actually does look weird and “incomplete” with the basic SQ livery on it.
Old 13th July 2018, 05:23 AM   #1205
FN-GM
SQTalk Solitaire PPS

SVE landed at SYD on a charter flight with Scoot. A few minutes later ZK-OKI landed. Very obvious where it came from.
FN-GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2018, 06:48 AM   #1206
wlgspotter
SQTalk Elite Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by FN-GM View Post
SVE landed at SYD on a charter flight with Scoot. A few minutes later ZK-OKI landed. Very obvious where it came from.
Ha would be interesting if both are parked side by side!
Old Yesterday, 12:11 AM   #1207
ell3
SQTalk Elite Gold

Need to lookout for 9V-SRM... been away for 2 months. IIRC was also out of service for a few months 2 years ago, so it appears strange for it to be due for another major check requiring it to be out of service for so long again.

still no clue which 772R will be leaving the fleet this year.
(and yeah SRM has the 2006Y so if it leaves, it'll be even more queer)
ell3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:48 PM   #1208
lingua101
SQTalk Solitaire PPS

Programs: Royal Orchid Plus

Just wonder how many 772 left now. I am at the lounge now waiting for SQ968 which will be delay for an hour. Waiting for SRO to arrive from MNL. It was 2 hours late departing MNL.

My wonder why can't SQ swap the aircraft for SQ968.

It is terrible 1 hour delay for 1.5 hour flight
Old Today, 12:09 AM   #1209
SQ957
SQTalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lingua101 View Post
Just wonder how many 772 left now. I am at the lounge now waiting for SQ968 which will be delay for an hour. Waiting for SRO to arrive from MNL. It was 2 hours late departing MNL.
8 772s left... but with SRM out of service for 2 months, the in-service 772 fleet drops to 7.
SQ957 is offline   Reply With Quote