SQTalk  

Go Back   SQTalk > General > Trip Reports

Old 5th March 2018, 09:09 AM   #16
SQueeze
SQTalk Solitaire PPS

Programs: SQ QPP, 9W JP Platinum, VN GL Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonMan View Post
Incredible pics, SQueeze. India tourism should give you a free holiday for all the marketing.
Thanks CarbonMan,

Well, India Tourism and Taj Hotels both have stunning marketing materials. Mine is nowhere near those.

It is an Incredible country but ... it's always a bittersweet experience. On the one hand you have all these wonderful scenes, on the other, what is not captured on the scene, is the incessant honking, the terrible dust, the cow dungs everywhere, the perpetual organic disorder present in every situation, and all the unexpected things that could befall a well-crafted itinerary.

But those are also what makes the whole experience life-changing and addictive in a way (acquired). But... it is indeed not for everyone. Many people are put off immediately.
SQueeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2018, 09:13 AM   #17
SQTalk PPS Club

Programs: PPS

Beautiful! We skipped Bikaner on our jaunt through Rajasthan in our pre-kids days, but instead took the overnight desert train to Jaisalmer. Bikaner seems to have the same magical qualities as Jaisalmer. We were traveling on a budget, but stopped for a drink at the Umaid Bhawan in Jodhpur. Jodhpur is very underrated against the more popular Jaipur. I've been recommending Jodhpur to anyone wanting to travel to Rajasthan for years. The audio tour of the Jodhpur fort remains fresh in my memories as there were parts narrated by the (ex?) Maharani with so many personal vignettes.
259850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2018, 11:43 AM   #18
CarbonMan
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQueeze View Post
It is an Incredible country but ... it's always a bittersweet experience. On the one hand you have all these wonderful scenes, on the other, what is not captured on the scene, is the incessant honking, the terrible dust, the cow dungs everywhere, the perpetual organic disorder present in every situation, and all the unexpected things that could befall a well-crafted itinerary.
Thanks for reminding me why I have not done a holiday in India, despite many business trips there. But then that's what I said about Japan until I discovered what's out there beyond Tokyo and Osaka.
CarbonMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2018, 04:54 PM   #19
SQfanatic
SQTalk Solitaire PPS

Programs: KrisFlyer

What a great and unique TR SQueeze. It must be an unique experience to have to walk to the plane that way. Given that there are hot months with temps in the triple-digits (Farenheit), I wonder how could anyone walk to the plane like that.

Other than that, great pics of the Taj palaces. I really enjoyed them. I hope to cover some of these places if I visit Delhi in the future.
SQfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2018, 08:30 PM   #20
SQ228

Programs: KFEG

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQfanatic View Post
I wonder how could anyone walk to the plane like that.
Generally speaking they would use their legs.
SQ228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2018, 04:30 AM   #21
SQfanatic
SQTalk Solitaire PPS

Programs: KrisFlyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQ228 View Post
Generally speaking they would use their legs.
Yes but especially if it's extremely hot which the North part does from Mar-Jun.
SQfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2018, 05:32 AM   #22
SQ228

Programs: KFEG

Quote:
Yes but especially if it's extremely hot which the North part does from Mar-Jun.
Australia is covered with airstrips served by small aircraft such as a Cessna or a Beechcraft, particularly by Flying Doctor services. Some of these airstrips reach 43c or higher (110f) on a regular basis.

No, they don't have aerobridges. In fact, most regional airports in Australia require you to walk across the tarmac, even to a 737. I've heard some people choose to wear a hat while walking to the plane.
SQ228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2018, 10:01 AM   #23
SQueeze
SQTalk Solitaire PPS

Programs: SQ QPP, 9W JP Platinum, VN GL Silver

Quote:
It's very hot but millions of people live there on a daily basis, and without air conditioning. One just need to adjust to it.

In my personal experience, 45 degrees dry heat is more bearable than Singapore's humid 35 degrees. My maximum experienced was 49 degrees! It was ok. Not that bad. Just don't think about it too much.
SQueeze is offline   Reply With Quote