Flights on opening day of SIN T3 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flights on opening day of SIN T3 ?

I am flying to KUL via SIN on SQ F on January 9... I personally picked a flight with a three hours layover and plan to hop over to Terminal three especially the new SKL F lounge. I wonder if there are any SQ talker going to be there on Jan 9?

Regardless, I plan on reporting on the new terminal three and hopefully share some pictures of the new lounge!

Carfield

Flights on opening day of SIN T3 ?

Any SQTalkers taking a flight from/to T3 on the opening day (9 Jan) or, even better, the 1st flight in or out ? Plenty of pictures please!

Comment

Excellent!. Look forward to the pictures.

Comment

Just heard over the news that SQ1 will be the 1st flight to arrive at T3 on that day. Anyone on it?

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
          Just heard over the news that SQ1 will be the 1st flight to arrive at T3 on that day. Anyone on it?
          The first plane of a scheduled service will only arrive T3 at 11.50am, while the first out of T3 is slightly after noon. I am wondering, for the first few flights out from T3 on the 1st day, will the planes be towed from T2 to T3? The planes of these first few flights should have prior arrival at T2 before T3 starts to operate.

The first flight to depart out from T3 is SQ318 (B747), followed by SQ866 (B747) at 1.30pm and SQ326 (77W) at 2.30pm. However, after SQ1 has landed, there is no subsequent scheduled arrival of B747/77W till the above times. Hence, there is no plane to be 'turnaround-ed' in T3 for SQ 866 and SQ326.

Wonder how are they going to sort this out? Correct me if I got any of the above facts wrong.
          Last edited by slacker; 8 January 2008, 12:34 AM.

Comment

Just had lunch at T3 foodcourt. Prices are NOT cheap; think Orchard Road

Some regional flights on the flightboard I saw just now that arrived into T3 today:
            SQ171 from SGN
            SQ957 from CGK
            SQ811 from PEK

Perhaps we can soon put a list of flights that arrive into T2/T3 as a possible guide

Comment

These flights have scheduled to arrive in T3 on the 9th January (Will update as time progress)

SQ001 From San Francisco/HKG B744
              SQ027 From Los Angeles/TPE B77W
              SQ220 From Sydney A380
              SQ857 From Hong Kong B772
              SQ319 From London-Heathrow B744
              SQ171 From Ho Chi Minh B772
              SQ957 From Jakarta B773
              SQ811 From Beijing B772
              SQ238 From Melbourne B773
              SQ325 From Frankfurt B77W
              SQ959 From Jakarta B772
              SQ232 From Sydney B744
              SQ331 From Paris-CDG B77W
              SQ113 From Kuala Lumpur B772
              SQ175 From Hanoi B772
              SQ637 From Tokyo-Narita B744
              SQ286 From Auckland B744
              SQ321 From London-Heathrow B744
              SQ117 From Kuala Lumpur B772
              SQ819 From Nanjing B772
              SQ861 From Hong Kong B77W
              SQ173 From Ho Chi Minh B772
              SQ236 From Brisbane B772
              SQ226 From Perth B772
              SQ228 From Melbourne B744
              SQ963 From Jakarta B773
              SQ222 From Sydney B744
              SQ609 From Seoul-Incheon B772
              SQ865 From Hong Kong B744
              SQ947 From Bali B772
              SQ621 From Osaka-Kansai B772
              SQ879 From Taipei B772
              SQ967 From Jakarta B773
              SQ185 From Ho Chi Minh B772
              Last edited by bubblerevolution; 9 January 2008, 10:33 PM.
              The Romance of Travel... Singapore Airlines

Comment

UPDATE:

Carfield has graciously shared his impressions (and will soon share his pictures), and I thought they deserved their own thread.

Please follow the link above.

jjpb3
                Last edited by jjpb3; 9 January 2008, 09:55 PM. Reason: corrected url
                ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

took a flight from KUL to SIn on SQ 117 today and docked at T3 - however still can see some bugs - as aircraft have to wait for quite a while before the aerobridges aligned with the doors and from inside the gate hold room, some staff were trying to open the door. The first impression of the departure level was the high ceilings and looks much bigger than T2, however many passengers were still fairly dazed looking at signs to get to their gates and dont see too many airport staff on hand to guide passengers - and even SQ crew seems lost.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                    took a flight from KUL to SIn on SQ 117 today and docked at T3 - however still can see some bugs - as aircraft have to wait for quite a while before the aerobridges aligned with the doors and from inside the gate hold room, some staff were trying to open the door. The first impression of the departure level was the high ceilings and looks much bigger than T2, however many passengers were still fairly dazed looking at signs to get to their gates and dont see too many airport staff on hand to guide passengers - and even SQ crew seems lost.
                    From my understanding, there should be alot of temp staff (dressed in orange polo tee) around helping pax. Maybe they are all concentrated at one area which is why you don't see many staff.
                    We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

Originally posted by nykelaz View Post
                      From my understanding, there should be alot of temp staff (dressed in orange polo tee) around helping pax. Maybe they are all concentrated at one area which is why you don't see many staff.
                      Yup these temp staff has been recruited by CAAS to assist paxs transitting through T1/T2/T3
                      A380 - European Pride!

Comment

Working...
                      X