SQTalk  

Go Back   SQTalk > General > Trip Reports

Old Today, 05:50 PM   #91
SQfanatic
SQTalk Solitaire PPS

Programs: KrisFlyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yflyer View Post
The next morning, we flew from Vegas back to Los Angeles on AA.

This time our aircraft was an A320...

Inside, AA’s Y hard product on the A320 was remarkably consistent with their 738 Y cabin…with almost identical seats, as far as I could tell…

Good legroom in Y…

An interesting observation was that there was an AA crew member on the welcome screen of the IFE, however there were different crew members on each screen! (There are obviously some repeat faces, but quite a number of different ones…)

As for the AA safety video… I understand there is a need to make safety videos entertaining, but I found the AA video to be a riotous overload of onscreen activity to the point of being distracting...even trippy...

Do I remember the safety instructions? Not really, I was completely distracted by all the extraneous activity in the video...

but I do remember extra hands…

…the picture squares where the escape slide was deployed…

…and the hall of mirrors…

As we took off, we could see, in the distance, Nellis Air Force Base, which is the USAF airbase used for the Red Flag air force training exercises, better known as “Top Gun”, the most recent of which had just concluded earlier in the month.

As we flew from Vegas to LA, we flew over a vast solar farm…

…but otherwise, the land between Vegas and LA was largely uninhabited until we got close to LA…

Great views and TR of AA. I flew this airline last December from SFO-MCO via DFW both ways. Except for the delays, I like the IFE on their A321, but their 767 had nothing, not even a charger :/

Also flew AA from IAD-SFO via CLT, but their A320s were older but did not have these. :/
SQfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:51 PM   #92
SQfanatic
SQTalk Solitaire PPS

Programs: KrisFlyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yflyer View Post
After deplaning and picking up our luggage, we headed to the departure level to catch an Uber. At the time, surge pricing was in force, and fares were quite high, so rather than head to our hotel, we decided catch an Uber to the nearby In-N-Out burger outlet at 9149 S Sepulveda Boulevard for lunch first.

This is a very popular outlet located just next to a runway at LAX…

All In-N-Out's I have visited have been busy, but this one seemed to be exceptionally so. Both the restaurant queue, and the drive-through, had long lines.

I joined the line...

Everything is made fresh at In-N-Out…you could see the staff working at an amazing pace to fulfill orders, which meant the line moved fairly quickly...

The weather that afternoon was perfect. We sat at a table outside…

…and ate our burgers while watching planes land, including, this Singapore airlines 777-300ER...

As I watched 9V-SWU land after operating SQ12, a 10 hour flight from NRT to LAX, I recalled the last time I was on SQ12, which was in 2015. At that time, this flight was still being operated by an Airbus A380. I remember that flight well because I flew J rather than my usual Y (...and enjoyed every minute of it). And on that occasion, schedules had also coincidentally matched up to allow a brief meeting with the esteemed SQflyergirl who was also in transit at NRT -- a meet up which almost didn't happen!

This is a wonderful In-N-Out to go to for a bit of plane-spotting...not to mention their great burgers!
Honestly, I love In-N-Out, though I'm a vegetarian. Their fries and burgers are out of the world, made really fresh. In-N-Out is California exclusive, so if one had to move to another state, there would be no In-N-Out, just a burger restaurant or something exclusive to that state. Proud to be a Californian, even if I only eat there once in a while.

On the SQ side you're super lucky you got to spot one of their newer 77W(R), 9V-SWU, which obviously operated SQ12 and turning back as SQ7.
SQfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote