No announcement yet.

NEWS: Singapore Changi Airport wants a new non-stop flight route to Vancouver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEWS: Singapore Changi Airport wants a new non-stop flight route to Vancouver

Source:
    http://dailyhive.com/vancouver/vanco...-flight-demand

Summary:
    - Non-stop direct flight to Vancouver is one of Singapore Airport's top priorities
    - Over 30,000 passengers per year travelling between the two countries
    - Currently, 27% of passengers connect via HKG, 24% via TPE and 9% via SFO
    - Currently, 20% of passengers between Canada and Singapore are NOT in economy class
    - Over 130,000 searches for YVR-SIN over the past 12 months

Originally posted by happyflyer View Post
    Source:
    http://dailyhive.com/vancouver/vanco...-flight-demand

Summary:
    - Non-stop direct flight to Vancouver is one of Singapore Airport's top priorities
    - Over 30,000 passengers per year travelling between the two countries
    - Currently, 27% of passengers connect via HKG, 24% via TPE and 9% via SFO
    - Currently, 20% of passengers between Canada and Singapore are NOT in economy class
    - Over 130,000 searches for YVR-SIN over the past 12 months
    Thanks for sharing the article and summary. YVR was one of my guesses for a new route with the new A350-ULR but that didn’t materialize and it looks like the ULR version isn’t even needed for the relatively shorter distance between SIN-YVR.

I’m interest to see if SIA is going to act on this in the future.

Comment

Ove the years, SIA commercial maketing division should have looked at Vancouver, but ntohing cam out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SKU View Post
        Thanks for sharing the article and summary. YVR was one of my guesses for a new route with the new A350-ULR but that didn’t materialize and it looks like the ULR version isn’t even needed for the relatively shorter distance between SIN-YVR.

I’m interest to see if SIA is going to act on this in the future.

I was thinking that maybe SIA could utilise a normal A350 for SIN/YVR and SIN/SFO direct service completely replaced by A350-ULR.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
          Ove the years, SIA commercial maketing division should have looked at Vancouver, but ntohing cam out of it.
          I'm sure SQ's marketing department would be poised and ready to run with YVR if they got given the chance. SQ also has the aircraft required for 3x weekly flights- they could begin any time.

There are other frustrations at play with trying to fly into Canada that this article conveniently makes no mention of.

Comment

Given that the market size is 30,000 pax/year.

52wks * 3 weekly * 253 seat A359 = 39,468 seats. only 75% load assuming EVERYONE flies SQ; which is unlikely.

I'm doubtful SQ will consider but let's see

Is there a market for belly cargo between SIN & Canada?

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
              Given that the market size is 30,000 pax/year.

52wks * 3 weekly * 253 seat A359 = 39,468 seats. only 75% load assuming EVERYONE flies SQ; which is unlikely.

I'm doubtful SQ will consider but let's see

Is there a market for belly cargo between SIN & Canada?
              Well, besides local Singapore market, SQ would definitely have to rely on Southeast Asia (Jakarta, Bangkok, Bali, Kuala Lumpur, Surabaya, Medan) as well as Perth and India transit market to fill up the route.

Comment

Originally posted by davidfusq View Post
                Well, besides local Singapore market, SQ would definitely have to rely on Southeast Asia (Jakarta, Bangkok, Bali, Kuala Lumpur, Surabaya, Medan) as well as Perth and India transit market to fill up the route.
                Honestly, doesn't make it much easier. MHO, if they would go for a one-stop via HKG or NRT, that would make things a lot easier

Comment

Working...
                X