BA Silver. Now what ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BA Silver. Now what ?

So, for the first time ever, I have status on a OW carrier. This is as a result of finding myself getting close to Silver (helped by an AUH-MCT-AUH turnaround in F obviously... ) and deciding it was worth paying (way) over the odds for a MAN-LGW-AMS return in CE.

Just after I booked this, wee Willie announced they are selling BA Connect to flybe. Leaving just LHR, LGW and JFK from MAN.

Oh well...

BA Silver = oneworld sapphire = unlimited op ups on TraitorAir when paying discount Y fares.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
      BA Silver = oneworld sapphire = unlimited op ups on TraitorAir when paying discount Y fares.
      You should also note that BA Silver = BAEC member = no tier points and miserly 25% miles on discount Y fares. (I don't think MAN Flyer is a discount-Y flyer like me, however. )

(I didn't think op-ups are that frequent for OW Sapphires who aren't CX Golds? Or did I miss the significance of your ? )

I feel your pain, MAN Flyer. When you have to transit through LHR, you must have to plan to add a lot of time to your journey.
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
        (I didn't think op-ups are that frequent for OW Sapphires who aren't CX Golds? Or did I miss the significance of your ? )
        I got op ups 3 out of the 4 times that I flew CX as an AA Plat, which is much easier to achieve than BA Silver. (especially with the candy thief chAAllenge that I didn't find out about until I joined TOF ). Ok maybe not such good statistics compared to those who fly CX more regularly - but it's still 75%.

In fact a CX purser commented that if you're a 'card holder' (I presume he means elite FFer) you get upgraded heaps. The easiest route on which you can apparently guarantee an op up as ow sapphire and above (even ow rubies sometimes) is HKG-YYZ.

I have a feeling that they give op ups to non-CX oneworld elites to make them switch their loyalty to CX? Having said that, in these days of alliances, FF status is a poor indication of one's allegiance as I can't remember the last time I stepped on to an AA flight.... As far as oneworld goes, it's QF/BA all the way. *dodges from flames*
        Last edited by KeithMEL; 27 November 2006, 08:58 PM.
        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

well done ManFlyer.... now go for gold
          There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
          If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

I was tempted to go for BA silver this year having put my CGK-YVR trip on CX to my BAEC account to get my first tier points ever. Then I though I already have access to lounges via Qantas Club and with OLCI and Slow bag drop there is not much benefit to having BA Silver.

Comment

well done ManFlyer..and as Luke GT says "Go for Gold".

You want to do some MR with me and one/two other(s)?

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
                well done ManFlyer..and as Luke GT says "Go for Gold".

You want to do some MR with me and one/two other(s)?
                Where do u want to go ?

Comment

Buona sera Luke GT

I was thinking Italian MRs (have another SQTalker who's interested and I am nuts about Italy) and one other special location that is talked about most often in TOF BA Board.

Comment

What Barra?!

Doh! I wouldn't have thought that would be worth it really...

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
                      Buona sera Luke GT

I was thinking Italian MRs (have another SQTalker who's interested and I am nuts about Italy) and one other special location that is talked about most often in TOF BA Board.
                      Hmmm ... Depending on the timing, I'd be interested. Gotta top up my TraitorAir account now that KrisFlyer has decided it doesn't want to reward my business .

Comment

Originally posted by Jenbel View Post
                        What Barra?!

Doh! I wouldn't have thought that would be worth it really...
                        You know you'll get lots of pressure to join us, eh, Ms Jenbel?

Comment

Just renewed QC for this year... No plans for status running at the moment as a result - and the sale of BACon does make me wonder why I bother with BA at all

Comment

Originally posted by Jenbel View Post
                            ... the sale of BACon does make me wonder why I bother with BA at all
                            Even though I'm based in LHR, I see your point. BA isn't doing a good job at being a national carrier.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                              Hmmm ... Depending on the timing, I'd be interested. Gotta top up my TraitorAir account now that KrisFlyer has decided it doesn't want to reward my business .
                              I love BA fares ex-italy

Comment

Working...
                              X