Vegetarian Meals on SQ and other airlines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by slacker View Post
    I have ordered Lemon and Mint Scented Artichoke Ravioli.

I can't rmb if I had taken photos of that, will upload if I managed to find it.
    I am trying to decide between this, the Seabass with Kalamata Olives and the Black Cod a la Nicoise (I am vegan except for the occasional fish)

Comment

Wow, tat's good service. I have tried 2-3 times recently using the below method. Also tried both the local and the 'infamous overseas' call centre and the attempts failed.

I have only succeeded once for a flight in Sept 2012.
      Hmm, strange...I think they should have this good service everywhere! The local Singapore Booking office in Zurich put me in touch with the SQ team at the ZRH airport and it was all handled from there. I also shoot ad hoc mails to the contact person to see what's on the menu before making my decision with meals, etc.

In comparison, from my experience, LX isn't flexible in accomodating these catering requests and just point you toward ordering one of the dietary meals.
      Last edited by BerryFusion; 16 December 2013, 02:42 AM. Reason: "ad hoc mails" instead of "meals" - Oops ;-)) Must've been hungry.

Comment

• Originally posted by concept|infinit View Post
        I am trying to decide between this, the Seabass with Kalamata Olives and the Black Cod a la Nicoise (I am vegan except for the occasional fish)
        If you do end up going for the Ravioli, pls take pictures and share

Comment

• Originally posted by concept|infinit View Post
          They're both good choices but the portions leave me wanting more. I find the sides of mash and kalamata boring, while the cod is slightly more presentable.

Both can look and taste rather dry (at least, the skin) after reheating.

Comment

Wow, tat's good service. I have tried 2-3 times recently using the below method. Also tried both the local and the 'infamous overseas' call centre and the attempts failed.

I have only succeeded once for a flight in Sept 2012.
            My apologies for the late reply. I recently did try asking for a vegetarian starter but failed. Only had 1 success. Would be great if someone can upload the pic for Lemon and Mint Artichoke Ravioli.

Comment

• Originally posted by j.lin View Post
              You are most welcome. Since you have just started being vegan, please do take note of your nutrients intake esp protein, B12 and zinc.
              The closest to vegan meal is the Oriental Vegetarian meal, I find on most asian carriers. It is not the AVML which tends to be indian - ish.

Comment

• I went with selecting a vegan meal on my flight last Thursday.

It wasn't as bad as it looked! Some sort of lentil-ish thingy with a rice-stuffed potato. The appetiser was made mostly of grapefruit pulp (I think) and some vegetables.

I appreciate that they tried to be creative. I was expecting something mundane like only boiled vegetables lol

Only dislike is they served the bread with margarine. I wouldn't never eat that horrible near-plastic substance! but not a big issue, I asked for olive oil instead

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• nice! Which flight sector is this?

Comment

• Originally posted by j.lin View Post
                    nice! Which flight sector is this?
                    This was on BKK-SIN

Comment

• I suspect it comes from Thai Kitchen, it looks very similar to this.

Comment

• ahaha! Catering plagiarism

Comment

• Virgin Clubhouse @ JFK

Sharing some nice vege food that I had @ Virgin Lounge JFK

Ricotta, melon & watercress Salad

Clubhouse burger (Vegetarian)

"The kitchen table"

Comment

• SQ921- MNL-SIN - AVML Jan 2014

Comment

• SQ - TPE-SIN - Jan 2014 - Dinner - VOML

Comment

• MH - SIN-KUL - Feb 2014 - Refreshment

Comment

Working...
                                X