No announcement yet.

Coronavirus : Flight cancellations and contingencies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My sec school classmate who is a SQ pilot have flow only one time since March. A cargo flight to Adelaide. There are 4 pilots on each cargo flight to australia. Two will fly to australia while the other two rest. Then they will swap for the return journey. Plenty of food catered for the 4 pilots.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
      What about the 737 Max? Think if it is further delay, can SQ cancel the remaining orders n take only those have been made and maybe transfer to Scoot. SQ can just use the 737-800 or maybe A320neo
      The 737 Max has been removed from the SQ website.

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
        Correct, it only list the following:

SilkAir Fleet
        SilkAir flies one of the youngest fleets in the Asia Pacific, with an average age of 5 years and 9 months (as of 01 Oct 2019). We currently operate 26 aircraft: 17 Boeing B737-800NG, 7 Airbus A320-200 and 2 Airbus A319-100 aircraft.

Comment

As has the 777-200.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
            As has the 777-200.
            Is this supposed to imply that the aircraft type has been withdrawn from service permanently? Or that it is not currently in active service? I was wondering if the 737 Max was removed from the website solely for PR purposes whilst the aircraft type is still grounded. Hard to imagine they would simply write off the brand new 737 Max like that?

Comment

• The SIA painted 737 will now most likely to be repainted to Silkair livery for the time being. It was supposed to be the first SQ 737 when Silkair were to be integrated into SIA by end of this year but it looks like this will not happen and will be delayed by a year or more.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
                My sec school classmate who is a SQ pilot have flow only one time since March. A cargo flight to Adelaide. There are 4 pilots on each cargo flight to australia. Two will fly to australia while the other two rest. Then they will swap for the return journey. Plenty of food catered for the 4 pilots.
                My friend is J cabin crew with Swiss based in Zurich. She, also, has flown only twice since March as crew on cargo-only B777 flights to/from Shanghai. Surreal experiences on empty aircraft.

Comment

• I think Singaporeans can forget about travelling this year. The impact on SQ is going to be heavier.
                  With the government announcing their (excessive) plans to “gradually” reopen over “many months”....

I personally feel it’s idealistic and pointless; more economic and social damage than necessary. They just refuse to learn from the likes of NZ Korea, HK...Taiwan and how it’s done better.

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
                    I think Singaporeans can forget about travelling this year. The impact on SQ is going to be heavier.
                    With the government announcing their (excessive) plans to “gradually” reopen over “many months”....

I personally feel it’s idealistic and pointless; more economic and social damage than necessary. They just refuse to learn from the likes of NZ Korea, HK...Taiwan and how it’s done better.
                    Once bitten twice shy, had they implemented CB earlier, people might say it’s excessive, but they didn’t and we ended up in such situation.

Not surprised they will err on the side of caution.

But wait... learning from North Korea? Or is that a typo?

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
                      I think Singaporeans can forget about travelling this year. The impact on SQ is going to be heavier.

When our Asian neighours are opened up for flights, the question remains a to whether they be opened to Singapore yet as our total infection rate will be over 30,000 (irrespective of whether our foreign workers are the highest) which is the highest in SE Asia and even North Asia and we are the the 2nd highest after China. And SIA and the rest of the airlines will take at least 18 months to recover to only near pre-covid19 times.

Comment

• Originally posted by reddevil0728 View Post
                        Once bitten twice shy, had they implemented CB earlier, people might say it’s excessive, but they didn’t and we ended up in such situation.

Not surprised they will err on the side of caution.

But wait... learning from North Korea? Or is that a typo?

NZ & Korea

I think there were already quite a large number of people calling for the lockdown/CB earlier in March, when the numbers were obviously climbing.

its just frustrating that now Singapore is on the back foot versus all our asian neighbours, thanks in part to the complacency of the government.

anyway lets save politics for another chat

Comment

• I actually believe that Singapore splitting off the dorm cases into a separate list, providing information on local transmission and, hopefully, using that for contact tracing, at least important business travel can proceed if not frivolous holiday trips.

As a person/company that was allowed to carry on operating from the office during CB, if there is a list of Essential Service Companies out of Singapore, I hope I will be on it as I was locally. This could give me an "allowance" to travel overseas for work as I do need a couple of visits to clear some issues. This would be a similar approach to what I believe HK is taking towards mainland visitors, only those deemed essential are allowed entry first.

I think the pricing of tickets will price-out those frivolous holiday trips at least through the rest of this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SML View Post
                            Reporting back, I just received my refund notice from SQ. In short: “You will receive the refund within 4 to 6 weeks, to allow time for the banks to carry out the necessary processes for payment.”

Looks like I should receive the refund to my credit card by mid-June 2020.
                            Interestingly, I just checked my credit card bill and the refund was processed on that day I received the email about the refund notice. The date of refund in my bill reflected as 6 May 2020, same as the date of my earlier post.

Hope this is reflective of your refund experience as well!

Comment

• Mine was about ~1 week after getting the email.

It appears that SQ is underpromising and overdelivering. Props to them.
                              an infrastructure geek

Comment

• I just received an email from Singapore Airlines about our refund request, but I find it odd for a number of reasons, including, that our flight was from Istanbul-Sydney, not to Bangkok, and I do not feel comfortable to send a photo of our credit card via email. I find this email from SQ rather unprofessional. At first, I thought it a fake, but the PNR and Ticket Number are correct, as is my name and the last 4 digits of the credit card, also correct. The email address is xxxxx_xxxxx@singaporeair.com.sg

Would love to hear your thoughts.

Dear Mr xxxxx ,

We have found out you have asked for full refund for your ticket from Istanbul to Bangkok under ticket number xxxxx .

Please kindly note that our colleagues tried to refund the ticket and found out your credit card used this card with 4 last digits, xxxx has already expired.
                                Can you kindly give us the new details for this credit card or any alternate card detail and fill in the attached form so that we can refund your money to the new credit card.

Please kindly send us the photo of your new credit card and your id with your passport as well.

Best Regards ,

xxxxx xxxxx
                                Senior Sales Operations (Groups) Associate
                                Singapore Airlines

Comment

Working...
                                X