SIA BWN-SIN-CDG Economy Class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIA BWN-SIN-CDG Economy Class

I went for a 2 weeks trip to Europe last month (June, in fact) was mainly due to one of my closest friend wedding invitation. The booking was done way in advance (February) as there was a promotion on SIA's fares to mainly Europe/Australia using SIA via SIN from Brunei. So frankly, speaking it was one of the best deals I had as it was priced at around 1200+ SGD a return flight between BWN-SIN-CDG! Even though outbound wise from Singapore, I had almost 9 hours of transit in SIN didn't stopped me. As it gave me a chance to actually get for some fresh air and do a bit of food hunting of course! haha

Enough of me talking, hope you guys enjoy the pictures!

SQ 181
    BWN-SIN
    Departure: 11h55
    Arrival: 14h05

Check-in desk at BWN International airport (lol) - wish i was travelling on business class

Surprise to see the checkin desk agent handed to me an envelope "Inter airline through check in" containing all my relavant air tickets

The flight was SQ 181 - normally is operated by SIA's B777. However, SQ only does this on Monday and Friday. So any other day except Saturday, they would utilise Silkair A319 flight. I think it's because they wanted to use flights that normally full utilised all the seats. As most days, even coming back to BWN using B777, it is not normally a full flight. So hence why they decided to change the aircrafts.

Anyways, it was a Sunday so I got the Silk air one instead.

Silkwind Magazine

Lunch meal was served - which was Seafood Pasta ( i don't know why among all things that i would order a Pasta on a regional flight) but as expected it was rather bland. Prawns were overcooked - so shrinks a lot as you can see from the photo.

Didn't take much picture afterwards, as I ended up reading the strait times magazine and listening some music on their wireless entertainment on my phone. Not long after we were descended to Changi Airport.

View at T2 - i love it

Since we were transiting, we might as well get the 20 SGD voucher for us to use later when we come back to the airport for a quick shower at T3 - Ambassador Transit Lounge before our next flight..

Ensuite Journey.

SQ336 - SIN to CDG
    Departure: 00h10
    ETA at CDG: 07h30

Came back to Changi Airport around 21h00 (which technically gave us enough time to freshen up)

Familiar view of T3

Singapore Girls queueing up at the money exchange

Didn't take manage to take any photos at the T3 - Ambassador Transit Lounge. Anyways, as I mentioned from the previous post. We took up the Changi Transit Voucher $20 Dollars for us to use the shower facilities.

Onwards to our boarding gate with a huge line of security checks for the next flight.

View of our A380 plane

Since we were travelling in Economy for this trip. It was an All business upper deck for this flight. So essentially, all the economy passengers were on the main deck.

Got the 32C seat which was just the 2nd row before the exit/entry of the plane.

Amenity kits - i noticed they gotten rid of the Givenchy label now on all of the economy class amenity kit. Also, with the cost cutting, all that is presented inside this bag were just toothbrush and socks. Eye masks and Earplugs can be asked by request.

Comment

The Route Map

SilverKris Magazine and Food menu was given out

The Singapore Girl who was incharge of our meal service for our row. I have to say she was very entertaining-which chat quite bit in the galley during one of those hours that I couldn't manage to sleep. As either one of the front passenger was either snoring like a lawnmower machine or was because, the other row passenger's kid cried in the middle of the night - quite possibly to a woken up by some nightmare he had. Poor kid. Anyway back to my story, we chat about how she enjoyed travelling and what routes that she normally got on for the job. Plus, it was her first time to go to Paris - she was pretty much excited about it. Bless her

Onwards with the meals - as I ordered for a MOSLEM meal through the course of the flight. Food Standard and Quality is very good if I say so myself.

Dinner was served after 1.5 hours take off. Steak with Mashy potatoes - superb!

Breakfast meal served 2 hrs before landing. It was Egg Frittatas, Hashbrown with Chicken Breast. It was really good breakfast for me - as like most asians like myself - i love my breakfast savoury. Excellent taste.

Almost There!!

Prior to landing, one of the kid of the passenger on the other row was crying so much. As he was asked to seat alone in his seat but he seems to be attached to his parents so much that he doesn't want to be seat alone. SQ air steward tried to calm him down and let him seat on his own. Without fail, when he cried got worse, at a quick phase, one of the air steward handed him the SQ teddy bear and the kid stopped crying. I really salute the staff of SQ on this flight. They really can manage and well trained on this flight. Mad props to them.

Not long after that, We landed with no delay on CDG and parked at T1 with a view of Qatar Airways A380 next to us.

Merci!

Comment

Thanks for posting, Hajimbo! Nice to know that you got to chat with the cabin crew in the galley during the flight...it is always fun to talk to them when they are also travelling to new cities, and are still in the mood to explore new places. I do try to chat with the cabin crew as well, but usually only when sitting across from them at the emex rows, or during the boarding and deplaning process.

Comment

Originally posted by Hajimbo View Post
          Lunch meal was served - which was Seafood Pasta ( i don't know why among all things that i would order a Pasta on a regional flight) but as expected it was rather bland. Prawns were overcooked - so shrinks a lot as you can see from the photo.
          Hmm... So where's the photo?

I wonder for inflight shopping do they only sell SilkAir products for this "SQ" flight.

Comment

Originally posted by orionmiz View Post
            Hmm... So where's the photo?

I wonder for inflight shopping do they only sell SilkAir products for this "SQ" flight.

As for the inflight shopping - since it is an SilkAir aircraft - they only sell Silkair products

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
              Thanks for posting, Hajimbo! Nice to know that you got to chat with the cabin crew in the galley during the flight...it is always fun to talk to them when they are also travelling to new cities, and are still in the mood to explore new places. I do try to chat with the cabin crew as well, but usually only when sitting across from them at the emex rows, or during the boarding and deplaning process.
              I was quite lucky actually - as I would think that she was one of the approachable looking air stewardess in the galley. While the rest were just busy stocking up the galley for their next drink service rounds. In fact, one my return flight, the staff were even more lively in character. As i was in the midst of taking a picture onboard of the plane, one of the head of cabin crew told me to take a selfie with them. Which was quite impromptu and a very nice gesture of them. haha

Comment

Working...
              X