No announcement yet.

SQ Economy to Bangkok - New and Old Y

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice to read SQ's offerings on the SIN-BKK sector as well! Looks like SQ has generally maintained its high standards, other than the lousy earbuds and plastic wineglass. TG edges out SQ in the F&B area by having a wide range of drinks on offer and displayed on bar carts, while on SQ, any other selection other than the wines and drinks displayed on meal carts, are only available on "Special request", which most pax are unaware of unless one is a frequent SQ flyer.
    My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

My flight to HKG on SQ2 last Sunday, previous version of headphone was distributed to all Y passengers, instead of the lousy earbuds. Is SQ roll back on this?

Comment

Was a good read.

WOW. That seafood starter looks really good for Y.

Compared to some of my CX J flights, where the starters just have lettuce and dressing on some regional flights.

I always thought TG had really good mains in Y simply and poor in J. The reason: They seem to be serving the same mains in Y and J, which was above Y standards but below J. That was when I flew them in 14. Not sure about the situation now.

Comment

Originally posted by dfs24 View Post

I always thought TG had really good mains in Y simply and poor in J. The reason: They seem to be serving the same mains in Y and J, which was above Y standards but below J. That was when I flew them in 14. Not sure about the situation now.
          Yes, my thoughts as well. I think 2 out of the 3 mains in J is similar to Y, just presented in a more fanciful casserole.
          My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

When did they remove the Y foot rests from the A330 fleet? I've not flown this aircraft type for more than 3 years and was surprised that it is gone when i was on it last night.

Comment

Originally posted by icn.sg View Post
              When did they remove the Y foot rests from the A330 fleet? I've not flown this aircraft type for more than 3 years and was surprised that it is gone when i was on it last night.
              Hi icn.sg! That's very observant! I didn't even notice the footrests were absent (And I thought my attention to detail was quite good...). If it was a night flight I definitely would have noticed, as I find the footrest necessary for me to get into the correct angle to sleep in a Y seat. But as this SIN-BKK flight was in daytime, I didn't notice at all...

Comment

A great trip report yflyer! Hope to join you in the friendly skies very soon!

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
                  I spent a couple of days in Bangkok, where I stayed at the Grand Hyatt Erawan, and sampled a local noodle dish, Khao Soi, in the hotel restaurant “You & Mee”, which MAN Flyer had recommended. Delicious stuff!
                  Khao Soi is not local - it's origins lie in Northern Thailand aka Chiangmai/Chiangrai Nice to know the bangkokkers call it their own now though

Comment

Nice reading which I thoroughly enjoyed reading.

Interesting to note the SQ A333's don't have the personal individual overhead air vents fitted, thought only LCC's opted to not have them installed.

Also what's that on the cabin sidewall, it looks like a pop-out ashtray! It has a sticker alongside it too, just curious?

Thanks again for posting.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ22 View Post
                      A great trip report yflyer! Hope to join you in the friendly skies very soon!
                      Thanks, SQ22!

Yes, hope our paths cross one day (ideally in the TPR )...

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                        Khao Soi is not local - it's origins lie in Northern Thailand aka Chiangmai/Chiangrai Nice to know the bangkokkers call it their own now though
                        Oops! OK at least it is in the same country . It was delicious.MAN Flyer's recommendation. He must be quite a foodie...

Comment

Originally posted by Tom/PER View Post
                          Nice reading which I thoroughly enjoyed reading.

Interesting to note the SQ A333's don't have the personal individual overhead air vents fitted, thought only LCC's opted to not have them installed.

Also what's that on the cabin sidewall, it looks like a pop-out ashtray! It has a sticker alongside it too, just curious?

Thanks again for posting.
                          Thanks, Tom/PER! SQ's 777's don't have the individual air vents either, as far as I can recall.

Not sure what that was on the sidewall. I don't think it was meant for passenger use. Pretty sure it wasn't an ashtray. I didn't notice it at the time. If I find myself on an A330 again, I'll go check it out!

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
                            Thanks, Tom/PER! SQ's 777's don't have the individual air vents either, as far as I can recall.

Not sure what that was on the sidewall. I don't think it was meant for passenger use. Pretty sure it wasn't an ashtray. I didn't notice it at the time. If I find myself on an A330 again, I'll go check it out!
                            That's a power outlet. The aircraft cleaners use it to power up their vacuum cleaners, but I am sure others use it for other purposes as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom/PER View Post

For some reason, none of SQ's aircrafts have/had individual air vents. The 744s, 777s, A330s and A345 fleets all do not have them.

I've been told by the SQ old timers that they had individual air vents in the past (742s, 707s etc). However, many passengers who were unfamiliar with how the airflow could be controlled would cover the entire vent with chewing gum. This presented an issue with maintenance. Since then, SQ decided that centrally controlled air circulation was the better option.

Comment

Originally posted by icn.sg View Post
                                That's a power outlet. The aircraft cleaners use it to power up their vacuum cleaners, but I am sure others use it for other purposes as well.
                                Again, amazing attention to detail, icn.sg!

I've seen this type of power outlet on some planes. They are usually marked with a sign saying "not for passenger use" or something similar, but I've always wondered if they were live power outlets that could be used inflight, or if they were only meant to be used on the ground.

Comment

Working...
                                X