No announcement yet.

Singapore Airlines latest cabin products on the new B777-300ER (77WN) - 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting to see AKL (285/286) using a 77W without PEY. That route has been the second least frequent to get a last minute switch. It got SWS after using SWK for a straight 6 days I think.

What puzzles me more is AKL is one of the routes not offering F with a closed curtain, but yet they put a 8F 77W on this route when usually putting 77WR. Also interesting to see BOM getting 77WR instead of 773 or 77WN or 77W during its lower season. Maybe when the 77WN maps are upgraded it's possible BOM will get a 77WN again.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
      And yes, why hasn't SQ installed at least a tail camera? If LH can manage it among their rampant cost-cutting while being based in a country that despises even Google Street-view, then yeah...
      I've emailed sq several years back about tail camera and received standardised response.

About the 3D map, yes, SQ's very unreliable-the whole IFE with 3D map that is, but i've seen stable IFE with 3D map in ANA, so I think SQ must work on the stability of its IFE. Resetting the whole ife after quitting a movie? Please....

Somehow map is one of the top priority for me, apart from seat pitch, IFE, and food. I remembered a SIN-CPH SQ352 flight back in December 2014 without functioning map, and it was like I was living in 1990s, and the flight seems to take forever.

Back to the tail camera: ANA's weakness on the outside camera is that it is very low in resolution and not functional during landing and takeoff. I hope sq keep this in mind when installing any outside camera.

Comment

• Originally posted by 726 View Post
        I've emailed sq several years back about tail camera and received standardised response.

About the 3D map, yes, SQ's very unreliable-the whole IFE with 3D map that is, but i've seen stable IFE with 3D map in ANA, so I think SQ must work on the stability of its IFE. Resetting the whole ife after quitting a movie? Please....

Somehow map is one of the top priority for me, apart from seat pitch, IFE, and food. I remembered a SIN-CPH SQ352 flight back in December 2014 without functioning map, and it was like I was living in 1990s, and the flight seems to take forever.

Back to the tail camera: ANA's weakness on the outside camera is that it is very low in resolution and not functional during landing and takeoff. I hope sq keep this in mind when installing any outside camera.
        I believe it is not a technical issue when it comes to camera functioning during landing and takeoff. Its more of an carrier choice and their country's aviation regulator.

For SG, I was briefed during my flying at discovery flying club that CAAS has a regulation that photo taking and video recording when flying in Singapore airspace is not allowed (unless with special approval).

Comment

• Does anyone have an updated list of the aircraft registration identifiers of the 777s fitted with the new (2013) product? I'm told a bunch of them have been refitted, so I was wondering if anyone here has kept track of which ones.

Comment

• Originally posted by chisquared View Post
            Does anyone have an updated list of the aircraft registration identifiers of the 777s fitted with the new (2013) product? I'm told a bunch of them have been refitted, so I was wondering if anyone here has kept track of which ones.
            Yes, its under the SQ Fleet thread:

Boeing 777-300ER

In Service: 27
            Seating 1: 8F/42J/228Y (2006 F, 2006 J, 2006 Y)

- 9V-SWA
            - 9V-SWB
            - 9V-SWD
            - 9V-SWE
            - 9V-SWF
            - 9V-SWG
            - 9V-SWH
            - 9V-SWI
            - 9V-SWQ
            - 9V-SWR
            - 9V-SWS
            - 9V-SWT

Seating 2: 8F/42J/228Y (2013 F, 2013 J, 2013 Y)

- 9V-SWU
            - 9V-SWV
            - 9V-SWW
            - 9V-SWY
            - 9V-SWZ
            - 9V-SNA

Seating 3: 4F/48J/28S/184Y (2013 F, 2013 J, 2015 S, 2013 Y)

- 9V-SWJ
            - 9V-SWK
            - 9V-SWL
            - 9V-SWM
            - 9V-SWN
            - 9V-SWO
            - 9V-SWP
            - 9V-SNB
            - 9V-SNC

From we understand, there are no 77W down for retrofitting currently

Comment

• Thanks, iancasillas. I read on FT that 19 77Ws were slated to be fitted with the new product. Do you know when we might see those extra four 77Ws refitted?

Comment

Thanks, iancasillas. I read on FT that 19 77Ws were slated to be fitted with the new product. Do you know when we might see those extra four 77Ws refitted?
                8 of the 77W where delivered with the new seats. 19 didn't have the new seats. So if 19 do get refitted we have 12 to go and all of them will be done. We don't know when the refitting will resume. I guess after summer, but there is a 77W down due to the fire at Changi.

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                  8 of the 77W where delivered with the new seats. 19 didn't have the new seats. So if 19 do get refitted we have 12 to go and all of them will be done. We don't know when the refitting will resume. I guess after summer, but there is a 77W down due to the fire at Changi.
                  Yes, it is already way behind schedule from initial announced 3rd Quarter of 2016 timeline.

Could it be due to clashing of the 77W scheduled maintenance C Checks with the retrofitting program or supply shortage of PEY seats at the moment?

Comment

• I think someone else raised the possibility that PEY was not doing as well as SQ hoped. Perhaps they're wondering if refitting all the 77Ws with PEY is a good idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by iancasillas View Post
                      Yes, it is already way behind schedule from initial announced 3rd Quarter of 2016 timeline.

Could it be due to clashing of the 77W scheduled maintenance C Checks with the retrofitting program or supply shortage of PEY seats at the moment?
                      Originally posted by leops1984 View Post
                      I think someone else raised the possibility that PEY was not doing as well as SQ hoped. Perhaps they're wondering if refitting all the 77Ws with PEY is a good idea.
                      These two are very possible good guesses. I kept thinking it was either a shortage of PEY seats or even the 2013 cabin products. If they have plenty of 2013 seats to install, at the minimal like I said thet could refit 77WN to 77WT (With 4F) or 77WN. Then again I'm also starting to think if installing the new Wifi can also be the case since they plan to install the new GX Aviation Wifi during the 2nd half of rhe year (Should be by now).

For C-checks how long should this be for? Not per aircraft but wonder how many frames would if be? Last year I remember SWJ coincided with a C check and the refits began there but it was only SWL that was the 1st 77WR refitted.

In either way it's definitely looking to be the later in 2017 unless suddenly SQ wants to play catch up by taking 2 frames out of service per refit.

Comment

• Their recent press briefing referred to retaining so many B772s, in the context of expected A359 deliveries being significantly higher than scheduled A333 departures, in order to facilitiate a more aggressive 77W refitting program.

Since that indication, they've announced so many massive changes, including flights cut, flights added and equipment rotated, followed by the unfortunate fire last week... I wouldn't even begin to try to calculate or predict what is going to happen in the next 6 months because I feel there are still more surprises to come and further information we still don't have yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                          I was under the impression that the 19 77Ws to be fitted with the new product included the 8 that were delivered with it. Is SQ definitely planning to refit their entire 77W fleet with the new product?

I mean, I suppose that seems like the obvious thing to do, but perhaps they're not planning to refit some of their older planes (they could be due for replacement?). Or maybe some 77Ws would be refitted with their future new (2018?) product instead, and it doesn't make too much sense to refit aircraft twice in such a short time period.

Edit: Never mind, read somewhere that they are in fact planning to refit the entire fleet.

Comment

I was under the impression that the 19 77Ws to be fitted with the new product included the 8 that were delivered with it. Is SQ definitely planning to refit their entire 77W fleet with the new product?

I mean, I suppose that seems like the obvious thing to do, but perhaps they're not planning to refit some of their older planes (they could be due for replacement?). Or maybe some 77Ws would be refitted with their future new (2018?) product instead, and it doesn't make too much sense to refit aircraft twice in such a short time period.

Edit: Never mind, read somewhere that they are in fact planning to refit the entire fleet.
                            If otherwise stated enough sources have stated SQ is refitting their entire 77W fleet, even if no PEY with the 2013 cabin products. I am guessing because we're now at the 2nd half of the year, SQ is likely going to resume refitting their 77W fleet very soon (Likely next week onward or so) and also install GX Aviation Wifi according to a source (It said it is to aid with their refits).

Comment

• Everyone:

9V-SWV has hatched from its 2 week absence in the air now flying SQ318/319 which I still believe is still configured as 77WN. If anyone happens to fly SWV, please let us know if it has the new Panasonic Voyager 3D maps. Definitely under the assumption it went through a regular maintenance and a maps upgrade like SWU. SWW is likely going to be next maybe by this week.

Comment

• I hope that if 9V-SWB does end up returning to service, that SQ will refit the plane with the new 2013 products and IFE. Does anyone know when SQ will complete refitting the entire 77W fleet? The J seats in the older 77Ws are showing pretty bad wear and tear.

Comment

Working...
                                X