No announcement yet.

When does SQ start to clear waitlists?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is a clear candidate for a "maybe" . Your case just proofs that it is good to keep checking saver space availability at regular intervals and not rely on the waitlist to kick in first when saver space is opened up again.

I had a similar situation before on SIN-FRA with a Biz Saver waitlist sitting there even 1.5 days before the flight while actual J Saver had become bookable. I did grab the seat online and let the waitlist remain as is not bothering to cancel. It never confirmed.

Comment

Thank goodness I came across this thread recently and heeded the advise of the folks to do random checks for my preferred flights even though no confirmation came through from SQ for my WL flights. Did a check this morning and lo and behold, 2x Business Savers were available for my AKL-SIN flights

Comment

Do waitlists get cleared on weekends? I'm waitlisted on J saver for this Wednesday morning's (effectively Tuesday night) SIN-CPT and was wondering if SQ will keep me high and dry throughout the weekend.

Currently showing Z4 C4 J0 U0

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
          Do waitlists get cleared on weekends? I'm waitlisted on J saver for this Wednesday morning's (effectively Tuesday night) SIN-CPT and was wondering if SQ will keep me high and dry throughout the weekend.

Currently showing Z4 C4 J0 U0
          Not normally and I wouldn't count on it going into the weekend, based on historical experience.

Comment

I understand that waitlist may clear up to 3hrs before flight. As i have a confirmed Y (as backup) and J on waitlist, if it still does not clear 3hrs before flight, is it possible to ask over the check in counter?

Comment

Originally posted by vinvinz View Post
              I understand that waitlist may clear up to 3hrs before flight. As i have a confirmed Y (as backup) and J on waitlist, if it still does not clear 3hrs before flight, is it possible to ask over the check in counter?
              Time to pay a visit to Ion

Comment

Originally posted by ninervictor View Post
                Time to pay a visit to Ion
                Does it really help?

Comment

Originally posted by vinvinz View Post
                  Does it really help?
                  No guarantees (but yes).

Ion just cleared me on Friday after waiting 5 days for a flight next Tuesday. I was waiting 21 mins on the phone with KF so I just walked up from Ion's basement, where I was at. And it was much faster

Comment

Yes, I've always been impressed by Ion staff. I get the impression that they are really trying to help unlike the Callcentre which often just recites what's in their rule book. I got a business saver wait list cleared recently even though the online redemption was closed for both savers and standard.

Comment

Originally posted by LHR View Post
                      Yes, I've always been impressed by Ion staff. I get the impression that they are really trying to help unlike the Callcentre which often just recites what's in their rule book. I got a business saver wait list cleared recently even though the online redemption was closed for both savers and standard.
                      Does Ion still charge $30 for walking in? My family are the only ones confirmed in J for a flight next February (seat map is empty bar them and the bassinet seats) so I'm trying to clear my waitlist.

Comment

Originally posted by LHR View Post
                        When will that flight be? Mine is in November to GRU and since their is a possibility of the aircraft changing to A350, even my J waitlist cant be cleared, at least can secure a PEY.

Comment

On 1st Jan 2016 I waitlisted 3 Biz savers for CGK-CPT 25th June. CGK-SIN became available on 22nd June and SIN-CPT showed up 23rd June. No status with SQ nor any chaser. Time to change plans!

Comment

Just visited ION last Wednesday and while settling something else with SQ, I requested for them to send a chaser for my November flight . Just received confirmation today for my J class.

Comment

In July 2016, waitlisted 4 Biz savers for SIN - SFO for June 2017, all 4 cleared within a few days.

Comment

Business and First (suites) savers cleared this morning (7th July) for SQ12 (SIN-LAX) on 16th Jul and 17th Jul. Needed 19th July for suites saver to be cleared up (preferred this over 17th July), so requested and was cleared before end of business day. Can't wait!

No KF status. Was holding these waitlists since March.

Comment

Working...
                                X