SQTalk Solitaire PPS

Programs: Royal Orchid Plus

I was told no Fast Track service in ICN ;(
Old 12th November 2012, 01:54 PM   #122
scooby5
SQTalk PPS Club

Programs: KF-Gold
Send a message via MSN to scooby5 Send a message via Yahoo to scooby5

New twist to the HSBC Infinate card T&Cs.....

Just received a letter saying that to continuing enjoying the free limo to the airport, JetQuay and Fast-Track Immigration there is a requirement to spend S$5,000 in the proceeding quarter.

Alternatively, S$50,000 per year which was the sum used for attracting better points earning rates.

If the S$5k or S$50k is not met, a limo to the airport can still be booked at S$45, JetQuay service at S$150 and Expidited Immigration at USD65-385 per person depending on the airport.

Looks like they may have been too successful, which given the full JetQuay car park at times seems to be also bourne out by experience.
scooby5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2012, 02:01 PM   #123
Kyo
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS LPP3

Programs: A3*G, OZ*G, KF*S, MPC Green, SPG Plat, Ex-BA*G, Ex-HH*D, IC RA, Ex-BD55

Was just informed that over the weekend by another SQTalker. Pity I didn't apply for it whilst times were good.

It's a card with good perks, but I will be maintaining the UOB PRVI for now...
Kyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2012, 04:12 PM   #124
j.lin
SQTalk PPS Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby5 View Post
New twist to the HSBC Infinate card T&Cs.....

Just received a letter saying that to continuing enjoying the free limo to the airport, JetQuay and Fast-Track Immigration there is a requirement to spend S$5,000 in the proceeding quarter.

Alternatively, S$50,000 per year which was the sum used for attracting better points earning rates.

If the S$5k or S$50k is not met, a limo to the airport can still be booked at S$45, JetQuay service at S$150 and Expidited Immigration at USD65-385 per person depending on the airport.

Looks like they may have been too successful, which given the full JetQuay car park at times seems to be also bourne out by experience.

It's always reduction in benefits over time
j.lin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2012, 09:12 PM   #125
scooby5
SQTalk PPS Club

Got a sms from hsbc earlier today telling that my first year was nearly complete and i'd be due to pay the $488 annual fee BUT to thank me for my support they would gift me 30,000 AirMiles.

Given the fare/redemption rate between SG and HK for example, it works out quite well and especially taking into account the 15% mileage saving for redeeming via sq online.
Old 2nd December 2012, 09:50 AM   #126
lingua101
SQTalk Solitaire PPS

Programs: Royal Orchid Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby5 View Post
Got a sms from hsbc earlier today telling that my first year was nearly complete and i'd be due to pay the $488 annual fee BUT to thank me for my support they would gift me 30,000 AirMiles.

Given the fare/redemption rate between SG and HK for example, it works out quite well and especially taking into account the 15% mileage saving for redeeming via sq online.
I did not get such sms. They have charged me $488 but no "bonus" points yet. They said it will take 2-3 months to credit the bonus points
Old 2nd December 2012, 08:59 PM   #127
dttj0069
SQTalker

Instead of paying $488 annual fee, you can opt to pay 75,100 points and HSBC will still give you the renewal "gift" of 75,000 points (equivalent to 30k miles).... Provided of course that you have sufficient points, and if you prefer to use points to renew over cash.
dttj0069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2012, 04:32 PM   #128
scooby5
SQTalk PPS Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by dttj0069 View Post
Instead of paying $488 annual fee, you can opt to pay 75,100 points and HSBC will still give you the renewal "gift" of 75,000 points (equivalent to 30k miles).... Provided of course that you have sufficient points, and if you prefer to use points to renew over cash.

Off the top of my head I would say that deal is not so good, compared to just paying the annual fee in cash.
Old 2nd April 2015, 05:28 PM   #129
scooby5
SQTalk PPS Club

Another update to the HSBC Infinite Card....... no more JetQuay services from May 1st 2015.

All other detail remains unchanged but in addition they have "enhanced" their Travel Insurance Program, and on the face of it looks pretty good.
Old 2nd April 2015, 09:37 PM   #130
MSPeconomist
SQTalk Elite Gold

Programs: DL DM 2MM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat Premier, Raffles Amb, ICI, NW PE MM, TWA MM

In the next step, will JetQuay be hurting for customers, or do enough other people purchase their services at SIN?
MSPeconomist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2015, 01:23 PM   #131
scooby5
SQTalk PPS Club

Doesn't MBS, Ritz Carlton, some airlines (maybe Garuda) and Maybank also have tie ins with JQ?

Anytime I've been recently though, it's been quiet. They've tried to do something with the food in recent months but the wines are awful considering the supposed "premium" aspects of the lounge. The Priority Pass lounges still available via HSBC have much better food and drinks.

The only good thing worth loosing is to dump the bag at JQ's door, private check-in and immigration without queuing then buggy (sorry, fishbowl) straight to gate. When I put it like that, it's a pity and is certainly a service that can, maybe, compensate for the poor aspects of the lounge itself.
Old 18th July 2019, 04:25 PM   #132
scooby5
SQTalk PPS Club

Bringing up an old thread with a new twist to the Infinite card.....

HSBC, at least with this card, is moving away from Priority Pass to LoungeKey though my understanding is that both are, technically the same company. Instead of showing a PP card, we should only show the Infinite card for entry but I can't remember ever seeing a LoungeKey sign in front of a lounge and I've seen poor reviews with the App and when HSBC Premier MasterCard holders try to access.

Is an up or down grade?