Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Airlines We Fly, the Air We Breathe: SQ A380 to India (BOM/DEL), St Regis, Oberoi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vish View Post
    Great TR! Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Got an upcoming stay at The Leela palace in Delhi which I will post a review on!
    Thanks, vish!

Looking forward to your review of the Leela Palace!

Comment

Nice TR! You make the food look so delicious haha, recently flew with SQ and mine was rather disappointing .

Comment

Originally posted by SQkid View Post
        Nice TR! You make the food look so delicious haha, recently flew with SQ and mine was rather disappointing .
        Thanks, SQkid! Which SQ sector did you fly? I've always found SQ Y catering to be pretty good, especially the Asian/Indian selections. That said, sometimes the Western/International Y selections can be on the bland side.

As for PEY catering, they really need to do more to differentiate it from Y...

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
          Thanks, SQkid! Which SQ sector did you fly? I've always found SQ Y catering to be pretty good, especially the Asian/Indian selections. That said, sometimes the Western/International Y selections can be on the bland side.

As for PEY catering, they really need to do more to differentiate it from Y...

I flew to NRT and chose the Japanese meal and the fish served was very fishy also on the return flight they only had one choice available which is Penne pasta with salmon ,found the salmon piece to be pretty good and it was a large slice however it would have been better if the pasta was less bland.

Comment

Originally posted by SQkid View Post
            I flew to NRT and chose the Japanese meal and the fish served was very fishy also on the return flight they only had one choice available which is Penne pasta with salmon ,found the salmon piece to be pretty good and it was a large slice however it would have been better if the pasta was less bland.

Thanks for that data point! I am surprised you encountered this on a SIN-Japan sector, because the Y meals on those sectors are normally quite impressive, given the competition from JAL and ANA, who have excellent catering. I've been quite impressed with Y catering on SIN-Japan sectors. (I even got fillet steak iin Y on one occasion!).

I do agree that sometimes the international Y selections in SQ can be a little bland tasting. My impression is that SQ catering in Y for western cuisine goes for less cream/butter/cheese, and less strongly flavoured sauces compared to Western carriers, possibly because of Asian taste preferences. No idea if this is actually the case of course, just my impression eating many years of Y dishes on SQ.

Comment

Working...
            X