Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
    And now Marriot have come back with a better offer
    And now the Chinese have upped theirs....

Comment

Still shocked that this thread isn't getting any dialog. I know many have jumped off the SPG ship, but there are also still fans.
      HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
        have upped theirs....
        That sounds oh so much worse than what I'm sure you mean...

Comment

So when should I transfer away my SPG points is the question ?

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
            Still shocked that this thread isn't getting any dialog. I know many have jumped off the SPG ship, but there are also still fans.
            As there is not much anyone can do about it, I suppose we just have to sit and wait.

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
            That sounds oh so much worse than what I'm sure you mean...

Comment

Bye bye Anbang

Comment

Looks like the big announcement about the new/merged programme is tomorrow.

As a Starwood Life Plat I am not hopeful.

Comment

As long as I retain lifetime 4pm late checkout I'm happy...
                  All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                    As long as I retain lifetime 4pm late checkout I'm happy...
                    Here are the changes:

https://members.marriott.com/?IM=SPG_SPGab_TBOPAPR

My SPG Lifetime Gold will be mapped to the Lifetime Gold Elite tier of the new program, but 4pm check out guarantee has been enhanced to 2pm late check out subject to availability. Shame as the 4pm guarantee was one of the few (only?) tangible benefits of being Gold IMO.
                    Last edited by KeithMEL; 17 April 2018, 08:46 AM.
                    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Being a lowly SPG and Marriott member, the change looks to help more than hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                        My SPG Lifetime Gold will be mapped to the Lifetime Gold Elite tier of the new program, but 4pm check out guarantee has been enhanced to 2pm late check out subject to availability. Shame as the 4pm guarantee was one of the few (only?) tangible benefits of being Gold IMO.
                        Agree that the guaranteed 4pm late check out was one of the best benefits for SPG Gold / Lifetime Gold. Too bad it's going away.

Comment

Do you guys take advantage of 4pm late checkout for late flights out of the country?

Comment

Marriott's CMO for Asia Pacific has confirmed (via AUSBT) that Marriott Golds obtained via status match from SPG Gold through linking the 2 programs will be mapped to Platinum Elite in the new program:

https://www.ausbt.com.au/five-things...tm_source=hero

If you've only got SPG Gold and have not linked your account to Marriott/Ritz-Carlton Rewards, do so before August! Platinum Elite gets some decent benefits and is broadly equivalent to existing 'entry level' SPG Platinum benefits (including suite upgrades and 4pm checkout).

Soothes the loss of 4pm checkout guarantee for me haha, for a year at least. After that, as I'd really only stay at a W where one exists, this makes me even less inclined to stay with any other Starwood/Marriott property over a cool and interesting boutique hotel.

Comment

Originally posted by k3nnis View Post
                              Do you guys take advantage of 4pm late checkout for late flights out of the country?
                              Yes, I am usually on the last flight out of the country. So I always make it a point to ask for late check out (the later the better). That way, I can go about with some sight-seeing/shopping before heading back to my room for a short rest and shower.

Comment

Delete
                                Last edited by PPSFlyer; 18 April 2018, 06:41 PM. Reason: Double post

Comment

Working...
                                X