No announcement yet.

A350 Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good way to end 20 long haul A350 deliveries. It's a good surprise on what SMU may be. It may be anyone's guess it's regional but yet SQ has not released a regional 359 seatmap

Comment

• I'd have thought the ULR version would come before a regional configuration?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dobbo View Post
        I'd have thought the ULR version would come before a regional configuration?
        Yes, that would be logical, but some people are fixated on the idea that there will be 20 A350s in the present configuration and that increasing it to 21 just can't happen. Apparently it is quite probable to them that there will be 20 long haul configured planes, followed by a single regional configured plane, followed by the ULH version for 7 further A350s.

My view is that the number 20 may well have been in play at some stage. Airbus got back to SQ about being able to progress the ULH version, which is a major priority for SQ, and became part of the overall A350 order. In all of this, Airbus may have not been ready to begin at the time the 21st production unit needed to commence, so they agreed to produce an additional standard longhaul plane and begin with ULH versions from the 22nd unit onwards.

There's plenty that SQ can do with another long haul A350, building that fleet to 21. I really don't see why they'd want a single regional A350 that might not have any friends until 2019, but regardless, the speculation continues because at some point in time the number 20 was given and apparently the world of aviation isn't prone to change...

Comment

• SMU's window config is the same as the rest of the current 20..which means....

Picture source: https://www.flickr.com/photos/aircrafts/25295508378/

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
            SMU's window config is the same as the rest of the current 20..which means....

Picture source: https://www.flickr.com/photos/aircrafts/25295508378/
            Which SQ bird is that in the background?

Comment

• Originally posted by loldude333 View Post
              Which SQ bird is that in the background?
              SMT... Apparently some rework after the 1st CAF

Comment

• Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
                9V-SMT completed her CAF yesterday. Delivery before Christmas appears to be very likely.
                Heard she's scheduled for ETD TLS on 23/12 @ 1800

Comment

• 9V-SMT is scheduled to arrive into Changi Airport tomorrow (24DEC17) at 1315 LT as SQ8895.
                  Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                    9V-SMT is scheduled to arrive into Changi Airport tomorrow (24DEC17) at 1315 LT as SQ8895.
                    Scratch My Tail. (SMT)

Comment

• 9V-SMT has taken off on her Delivery Flight as SQ8895. She is expected to arrive at Changi on Sun 24 Dec at 1.10pm (local time).

Comment

• 9V-SMT has landed at Changi bringing the SQ A359 fleet to 20.

The next SQ A359, 9V-SMU, will be delivered most likely in February 2018.

Comment

• I was out for my afternoon run at Bedok Jetty at the time, and snapped a few pics of 9V-SMT on final approach into Changi. Just had an iPhone with me, so not much of a zoom, and no close-ups. A few pics posted in another thread here...
                          Last edited by yflyer; 24 December 2017, 02:48 PM.

Comment

• Close up view of 9V-SMU after it exited Cabin Fit (Station 20) earlier this week. She will move to the Paint Hanger next and be ready for her First Flight in about a month's time. Delivery looks good for February 2018. The window configuration looks like a long range A359.

Comment

• I'm slightly wondering (hoping) that my flight out of BNE in a few days might be upgraded to the A350 earlier than planned. I had a look at the seat selection now that it's less than 96 hours before departure and I was very surprised to see so many gaps. For a flight leaving the eastern coastline of Australia during peak holiday season, you don't expect to see large sections of the Y cabin empty.

If it still does run with an old 772ER, any hopes of being bumped up to J have vanished. I'd also be concerned that SQ couldn't manage to sell all of those seats during a time of peak demand.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
                                Close up view of 9V-SMU after it exited Cabin Fit (Station 20) earlier this week. She will move to the Paint Hanger next and be ready for her First Flight in about a month's time. Delivery looks good for February 2018. The window configuration looks like a long range A359.

I thought so as well, it's possible that the regional A359s will start with another series.

Comment

Working...
                                X