No announcement yet.

LAX Airport Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virgin America has relocated to Terminal 3 at LAX. for those making connections to international flights, you will now exit the terminal and go right towards TBIT. Shorter walk too... less than 5 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
      Virgin America has relocated to Terminal 3 at LAX. for those making connections to international flights, you will now exit the terminal and go right towards TBIT. Shorter walk too... less than 5 minutes.
      That depends on where you are connecting to. For AC, NZ and US it is turn left (T2, T2 and T1 respectively). For UA it might be quicker going left and then cut through the carpark to the far side of the U.

Comment

Hi guys,

Will be arriving in LAX next week and need to go to Fullerton which from what I understand is about 40 minutes away. Does anyone have any experience with a shuttle service at the airport? Which company should I go with?

Many thanks,
        Andy

Comment

Originally posted by andySYD View Post
          Hi guys,

Will be arriving in LAX next week and need to go to Fullerton which from what I understand is about 40 minutes away. Does anyone have any experience with a shuttle service at the airport? Which company should I go with?

Many thanks,
          Andy
          It's LA. You need to bite the bullet and rent a car. Public transport is basically worthless in the LA area. The massive freeways may be intimidating, but the drivers are fairly well-behaved and predictable, unless it's rainy.

Don't plan on Fullerton being 40 minutes away. It may be, if you start from the moment you leave the airport grounds and stop when you take the exit from the freeway, provided you hit absolutely no traffic (varies widely by time of day).

If you really don't want to rent a car for some reason, given the distance, I wouldn't take a cab but would get a car service (towncar, not limo).

Comment

Originally posted by MegatopLover View Post
            Public transport is basically worthless in the LA area.

For LA the key is:

Knowing where to go and not go (most important)
            Knowing when to go and not go.
            Last edited by LampStack; 8 January 2009, 12:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by andySYD View Post
              Hi guys,

Many thanks,
              Andy
              hi andy:
              SUPERSHUTTLE have been around for awhile and it is a shared ride van service , you can make a reservation online ,giving them all the info about your arrival time etc. you will not be met but you will have to proceed to the outer curb and wait at the sign marked : vans, shuttles etc. they may have a booth outside baggage claim. do not under any circumstances pay attention to anyone looking to help you . These people wear some phony badge and are nothing but touts. there is no such thing as unsolicited help at lAX. know what you are looking for and go right to it. good luck and why are you going to Fullerton?

Comment

Thanks for the info guys... I booked a rental car as suggested.

Comment

Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
                  I must say, this terminal is still a piece of crap. I miss Terminal 6 with its President's Club (Alaska's Lounge really blows).
                  HUGE AL

Comment

Unfortunately, I've had to desert SQ and will be flying in to LAX on CX arriving at 8.15pm. Just wondering if anyone is able to suggest a reputable private car / limo company for a transfer to Anaheim. After such a long flight, I can't be bothered with a van shuttle, so thought I'd treat myself and go direct to my hotel, but there are so many companies to choose from.....how do you pick?

Comment

That airport is called LAX b/c it's "lacks" anything useful, anything enjoyable, and has no easy way to get going when arriving in LA. Thankfully domestically there's John Wayne (hello whiplash takeoff!) and Burbank to useful, but internationally what a pain.

My record for an international transfer is coming in on Delta from Cancun at T5 and going through immigration/baggage claim and making my connection to SQ for my SIN-bound flight at TBIT in 29 minutes! I did this last July. I was booked with a ~2 hour window between flights. A bit risky frankly but luckily I landed on time, was first to get my bag, and was first to go through immigration!

soak01, just pick based on the nice car and service when they're on the phone if you have no clue. I always rely on friends to pick me up. There have been a few cases where I've had to go with a taxi and have used a few of the companies. I can safely say they're all rubbish and 50 USD will get you to about Santa Monica on the back roads so they're not exactly cheap. If you're going to pay a lot (and hopefully you can expense it for work?) then get something decent. Anaheim isn't exactly paradise.

On my last flight to LAX back in October, one of the SQ crew told me they stay in Anaheim. Maybe you can hitch a ride with them?

LA is a fun city if you go a lot, have good friends/family to show you around, and know when to to drive (or have people to ride with you so you can at least use car pool lanes). If you have rented a car, PLEASE make sure you have a GPS. When you exit the freeway, do not assume there's an on ramp waiting for you on the other end. Many times there just isn't one and there are rarely any good signs telling you how to get back on one. GPSs will save your life (and heaps of time too).

Now all the depressing stuff is out of the way, if you're a foodie, there's plenty of fab eats and good drives to take!
                      blog

Comment

Originally posted by soak01 View Post
                        Unfortunately, I've had to desert SQ and will be flying in to LAX on CX arriving at 8.15pm. Just wondering if anyone is able to suggest a reputable private car / limo company for a transfer to Anaheim. After such a long flight, I can't be bothered with a van shuttle, so thought I'd treat myself and go direct to my hotel, but there are so many companies to choose from.....how do you pick?
                        i would rent a car if i were you... getting around southern california without a car is more than difficult... and anaheim will be incredibly boring if you can't get out and enjoy some of the beautiful surrounding areas (newport and laguna beach, costa mesa for shopping, etc).

Comment

LAX Check-in opening for SQ11?

Anyone knows roughly what time SQ opens for check-in for SQ11 departure?

Comment

Welcome to SQT wazza

Check in for SQ11 opens 220 minutes before departure (see worldwide SQ check in times).

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
                              Welcome to SQT wazza

Check in for SQ11 opens 220 minutes before departure (see worldwide SQ check in times).
                              Kiwi, thanks for the info and the welcome!

Comment

LAX Luggage Wrapping Service

For some bizarre reason, this is no longer offered ANYWHERE in LAX.
                                HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
                                X