X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by acey View Post
    Hi folks,

I might need to go to Lahore soon.
    Any SQTalk members went there recently ?
    How's safety ? Hotel and restaurants good ?

cheers
    Acey
    LHE is a great city. I was there last April. Make sure to have a car with driver with you all the time and you'll be fine. Hotels are not great....the best bet in town is the Pearl Continental. Foodwise, try the Salt n Pepper Grill which serves up good Punjabi fare, but somewhat different from what you get across the border. Get at least a snack from the rooftop of Coco's Cafe in the Redlight District (!) in the old town. The view of the courtyard of the mosque from the cafe at night is about one of the greatest sights I've experienced. Also, walk around the fort/mosque. Mughal architecture second only to Agra in India. LHE is the cultural heart of Pakistan (KHI is more a commercial hub) so you're bound to meet a lot of intellectual types there. And oh ya, keep an eye open for the Pakistani trucks. Truck owners spend a fortune decorating them (sometimes at a cost higher than the trucks themselves). Truely an amazing artform. If I had the time, I'd want to travel the highways of Pakistan just to collect pictures of these trucks.

Comment

I was also in Lahore last April. A great place. No tourists (at that time) - consequently locals were very friendly.

I stayed at the Holiday Inn. Rooms were poor but service great. No problem walking around that neighbourhood, and not far to the sights.

Comment

Working...
      X