A380 - Master Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zvezda View Post
    My guesses are: 2nd SYD, 3rd LHR, or FRA.
    In that order?

SYD will only need one, while LHR and FRA need two. In fact, SQ can upgauge SYD to WhaleJet with the two spares now.

Comment

• Originally posted by TerryK View Post
      In that order?

SYD will only need one, while LHR and FRA need two. In fact, SQ can upgauge SYD to WhaleJet with the two spares now.
      Yes, yes, and yes.

Comment

• My 2c is 2nd SYD / MEL

*goes for the underdog*

Comment

• C'mon KUL! Upgauge 118/119 and I'll be a happy camper

Comment

• It's not really 2 spares at the moment, SQ needs 8 388s (factoring maintenance hours) to do LHR x2, CDG, SYD, NRT, HKG.

My guess for SYD is either 2x388 + 1x773/77W or 1x388 + 3x773/77W.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick C View Post
              It's not really 2 spares at the moment, SQ needs 8 388s (factoring maintenance hours) to do LHR x2, CDG, SYD, NRT, HKG.
              SQ need 7 available for flying, leaving 2 for MX plus spares. 2xLHR requires 3 flying, CDG+HKG requires 2. SYD and NRT require 1 each (as will MEL). 8 would probably suffice for flying plus MX, at least until the WhaleJets are old enough that they need to be pulled from service for more than 24 hours.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                C'mon KUL! Upgauge 118/119 and I'll be a happy camper
                Slap on a TR flight number and sell as all Y

Comment

• Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
                  Slap on a TR flight number and sell as all Y

Actually, I'd pay good money to get a "preferred"seat. Like 3F

Comment

• I knew you'd see the benefits.

Comment

SQ need 7 available for flying, leaving 2 for MX plus spares. 2xLHR requires 3 flying, CDG+HKG requires 2. SYD and NRT require 1 each (as will MEL). 8 would probably suffice for flying plus MX, at least until the WhaleJets are old enough that they need to be pulled from service for more than 24 hours.
                      LHR needs at least 3.5 frames when factoring maintenance. 3 is only for short term but unsustainable in the long term.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick C View Post
                        LHR needs at least 3.5 frames when factoring maintenance. 3 is only for short term but unsustainable in the long term.
                        That's right. That's why I wrote "available" and "2xLHR requires 3 flying."

Comment

That's right. That's why I wrote "available" and "2xLHR requires 3 flying."
                          Ok my bad.

Comment

• Do anyone know the actual rotaion of the A380?

I am on SQ861 on 15 Jul, which was 9V-SKF, once arrived SIN Gate B2, I found that it would be going to NRT.

Or it just have no fixed rotaion since SIN-CDG, SIN-NRT and SIN-LRH are all deperting at 2330-2340

Comment

• Originally posted by sutrakhk View Post
                              Do anyone know the actual rotaion of the A380?

I am on SQ861 on 15 Jul, which was 9V-SKF, once arrived SIN Gate B2, I found that it would be going to NRT.

Or it just have no fixed rotaion since SIN-CDG, SIN-NRT and SIN-LRH are all deperting at 2330-2340
                              There's no fixed rotation.

Comment

• Originally posted by sutrakhk View Post
                                Do anyone know the actual rotaion of the A380?
                                There isn't one big overall fixed rotation. The 2 LHR trips are nearly always paired into a 3-day rotation. I believe SIN-CDG-SIN-HKG-SIN is usually a 2-day rotation but we don't yet have a lot of data. SYD and NRT seem to float freely.

Comment

Working...
                                X