Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Special Meal Request on economY SQ (Seafood Meal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had the seafood meal when I went to Vietnam last year and it was delicious.No pictures Available but I got a much better meal than the other passengers and served first.My only disappointment was they didn't feed me one of those for breakfast between Singapore and Adelaide on the way home instead I got stuck with the regular meal like everyone else but other than that no complaints.

Comment

23/10 SQ328 seafood meal in whY

smoked salmon with rocket leaves, wedge of lemon (YUCK).
      white fish fillet with some sort of a tomato sauce. boiled potatoes (SURPRISE!!!), boiled carrots and boiled french beans.
      Some kinda white color looking gelatine laden pudding that shakes with turbulence.

skipped the "seafood" breakfast and went for chow mien with charsiew. that was good (relatively speaking of course).

hmmmmmmmm.......... contemplating switching to muslim meal on fra-sin (SQ26), but a little doubtful with muslim meal catering ex FRA... anyone tried?
      Last edited by leo; 29 October 2010, 05:19 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

They serve that constantly on SIN-BKK also for SFML. Think I must've had it 10 times already this year, a bit boring, but it gets the job done

Might have to try those halal options...

Comment

Got a few legs soon. Not sure if I shld get the SFML on Y. Any advice?

ex MEL 238
          ex SIN- PEK 802
          ex PEK 805
          ex SIN- MEL 217

Comment

im flying IAH-DME-SIN and pre ordered SFML, any thoughts?

Comment

SQ - SIN-ZRH - Oct 2013 - Dinner/Breakfast - HNML

Hi all!

I like to try all sorts of special meals on flights
              Here are some pictures of the Hindu Non-Vegetarian Meal (HNML) I had on the flight from SIN-ZRH. Was spicy and absolutely delicious!

DINNER

BREAKFAST

I've uploaded pictures of the AVML to the vegetarian thread. That one was really good as well

Comment

SQ - ZRH-SIN - Oct 2013 - Lunch/Breakfast - BLML

Here are pictures of the Bland (BLML) special meal. It wasn't that bad...really! And they even included salt and pepper on the tray - just in case

LUNCH
                Sides included a pack of dried apricots, beetroot salad with turkey slices and a fruit salad (sorry, I was too excited to try and forgot to take a picture of the whole tray )

BREAKFAST

The meat was pork - overcooked so it was a bit too chewy for my taste.

And the white globe was a poached egg.

Comment

Originally posted by BerryFusion View Post
                  And the white globe was a poached egg.
                  Nice to see perfectly presented poached eggs in Y

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                    Nice to see perfectly presented poached eggs in Y
                    ... I did receive some jealous looks from those who ordered the egg option from the Y menu.

Do they ever serve/offer poached eggs in Business Class? Travelling with SQ to and from ZRH-SIN-MNL in January so I am curious...

Comment

... I did receive some jealous looks from those who ordered the egg option from the Y menu.

Do they ever serve/offer poached eggs in Business Class? Travelling with SQ to and from ZRH-SIN-MNL in January so I am curious...
                      Have never seen poached eggs on any J menu ever. Was the one you had the runny kind or was it very well done?

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                        Have never seen poached eggs on any J menu ever. Was the one you had the runny kind or was it very well done?
                        I did had poached egg for breakfast before on J fairly recently in Sep, SQ308 SIN-LHR. It was awful, beyond well done. It came with corn cakes, sausage and rocket salad, created by Matthew Moran.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                          It was a bit solid yolk but towards the center soft. Not flowing but, kudos for a Y meal.

Comment

Originally posted by lfc View Post
                            I did had poached egg for breakfast before on J fairly recently in Sep, SQ308 SIN-LHR. It was awful, beyond well done. It came with corn cakes, sausage and rocket salad, created by Matthew Moran.
                            This wasn't BTC though, right? (stupid question as I didn't see any BTC options for this on the menu for J but who knows )

Comment

This wasn't BTC though, right? (stupid question as I didn't see any BTC options for this on the menu for J but who knows )
                              No, it was not BTC. Travelling on the same flight again in a few days, I hope they have remove that from the menu.

Comment

Still not sure if I'd want a bland meal just to try a poached egg in Y for brekkie

Comment

Working...
                                X