SQ B777 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MEL-World View Post
    Not sure when it will happen but the sooner SQ removes the 300A off the MEL-SIN route the better. Not sure of the 'official' definition of a long haul duration but for a 7+ hour flight, I want a better IFE than that offered at the moment.
    I discovered something rather unpleasant and unfortunately relevant to this while looking at the PDF timetable today.

Rather than losing the 773 and gaining another 77W, we are going the other way. Effective early April, SQ217/8 goes from 77W to 73A, except on Tuesdays out of SIN and Tuesday night (Wed am) out of MEL. It extends through until the middle of June.

I'm very glad I'm on SQ227 on my way home end of April, because I would NOT appreciate the limited 73A IFE on the long and tiring SQ217 day flight right after an overnight from Europe. SQ217 is a total PITA even in a 77W and there's never a spare seat to be had anywhere. And just when I thought we could finally lay the "Messing with MEL" thread to rest....

Comment

• Oh the horror. I am due to fly SQ 217 in May. But the timings work well for me. I wouldn't mind the A330 just that the flight is wayyyyyyyyyyyy too early for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by InSaneSleepyHO View Post
        i was on 9V-SKK last week.
        It happen to me too.
        The movie would go on but the picture froze every few sec.
        I was on 9V-SKB today and the same thing happened I wonder what is going on with the A388s

Comment

• 9V-SRK is back out of service again, so currently only SRJ and SRL and in the air from the non-refit SR* series. The three remaining SV* craft are now exclusively allocated to BKK flights it seems.

Summary of the remaining purple cabins still flying this week: SRJ, SRL, SVF, SVH, SVO.

Comment

• A friend (a good source) tells me 9V-SRI & 9V-SRN are up for Sale or Lease from May 2015.

I assume SRN is available due to the NZ agreement as this one was converted to a 200ER

EDIT: not SRI but SRK
            Last edited by FN-GM; 3 May 2015, 05:20 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
              A friend (a good source) tells me 9V-SRI & 9V-SRN are up for Sale or Lease from May 2015.

I assume SRN is available due to the NZ agreement as this one was converted to a 200ER
              I thought SRI left the fleet quite some time ago.

SRN is a derated 200ER that had the ER capacity restored, but to a different capacity from the SV* series, as well as SQI, and the two were used on NZ flights that needed just a bit more range.

Now that so many of the SV series are freed up, I can't see they would need SRN any more and SQI is already gone. Maybe the two craft are/were more expensive to operate than the standard SQ/SR series? They have different engines but that's the end of my technical knowledge.

In related news, SRK is now gone from the fleet as well and SVH has been out of action for some time after being confined to BKK flights.

This reduces purple interiors in regular service down to four: SRJ, SRL, SVF, SVO.

Comment

• I was along Changi Coastal Road this afternoon and saw 2 white B777s parked near the cargo area. Any idea if these are ex-SQ and if they are, which ones they would be?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                  I thought SRI left the fleet quite some time ago.

SRN is a derated 200ER that had the ER capacity restored, but to a different capacity from the SV* series, as well as SQI, and the two were used on NZ flights that needed just a bit more range.

Now that so many of the SV series are freed up, I can't see they would need SRN any more and SQI is already gone. Maybe the two craft are/were more expensive to operate than the standard SQ/SR series? They have different engines but that's the end of my technical knowledge.

In related news, SRK is now gone from the fleet as well and SVH has been out of action for some time after being confined to BKK flights.

This reduces purple interiors in regular service down to four: SRJ, SRL, SVF, SVO.
                  Sorry, i meant SRK not SRI, typing error on my part.

SRK and SRN are for sale this month. Maybe the 2 white ones in the above post?

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                    Sorry, i meant SRK not SRI, typing error on my part.

SRK and SRN are for sale this month. Maybe the 2 white ones in the above post?
                    Could well be- I haven't been taking much notice of SRN but I do see now that it hasn't had a flight in the last week. The fact you have a credible source would give that more weight than our guessing on here.

Planespotters lists SVA, SVD and SRK as stored, but SVA and SVD have been listed like that for months now and never saw return to service since Brunei gave them back, so I don't think it would be either of them.

So far, SQI and SRN have been the only two refitted planes to be sold off, so there must have been something about those two NZ capable units that they didn't like. The other departures have all been purple cabins (With the exception of 9V-STJ).

Comment

• Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
                      I was along Changi Coastal Road this afternoon and saw 2 white B777s parked near the cargo area. Any idea if these are ex-SQ and if they are, which ones they would be?
                      They are 9V-SVA (formerly V8-BLC leased to RB) and 9V-SVD (formerly V8-BLF leased to RB).

In fact, 9V-SVD (still under V8-BLF on FR24) just came back from an air-test (lasted around 10 minutes) this morning. Landed RWY02L at 1029.
                      Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                        They are 9V-SVA (formerly V8-BLC leased to RB) and 9V-SVD (formerly V8-BLF leased to RB).

In fact, 9V-SVD (still under V8-BLF on FR24) just came back from an air-test (lasted around 10 minutes) this morning. Landed RWY02L at 1029.
                        Wow, I would have thought they would be parked in a desert by now!

Thanks for the info.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post

Thanks for the information & updates.

Comment

• 9V-SWJ retiring soon?

Good day guys. I heard unconfirmed news that 9V-SWJ retiring soon. Do you have any information on this? Thank you.
                            https://www.facebook.com/FLAPV1/
                            http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=11491

Comment

• Originally posted by zilchster View Post
                              Oh the horror. I am due to fly SQ 217 in May. But the timings work well for me. I wouldn't mind the A330 just that the flight is wayyyyyyyyyyyy too early for me.
                              Airlineroute is reporting that MEL will finally get resolved in S16:

SQ207 SIN0740 – 1705MEL 772 D
                              SQ217 SIN1045 – 2010MEL 77W D
                              SQ227 SIN2115 – 0640+1MEL 77W D
                              SQ237 SIN2355 – 0920+1MEL 77W D

SQ218 MEL0005 – 0600SIN 77W D
                              SQ238 MEL1030 – 1620SIN 77W D
                              SQ228 MEL1540 – 2130SIN 77W D
                              SQ208 MEL1820 – 0010+1SIN 772 D

Comment

• Originally posted by fablee View Post
                                Good day guys. I heard unconfirmed news that 9V-SWJ retiring soon. Do you have any information on this? Thank you.
                                9V-SWJ is the 77W that they have just refitted with the new 2013 cabin products and is now on a fairly fixed schedule of HKG and LHR flights. I'd rate it as being one of the least likely craft in the fleet to be retired!

Is it possibly STJ that they were talking about- the A330 that has been pulled from service at the end of its lease even though it is hardly old in comparison to so many 777s?

Could also be SRJ they were thinking of, which is a non-refitted 772 confined to short flights that will soon be effectively replaced by a new A330.

I highly doubt any plane with a rego 9V-SW* is up for retirement anytime soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X