Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone willing to sell me an upgrade?

Dear everyone,

I am flying LHR - SIN- PEN roundtrip. Anyone willing to sell me an upgrade to J?

Cheers,
    Gerald

IIRC, KF miles are not transferable. Legally one cannot sell milles to anyone as well. Unfortunately you cannot purchase an upgrade from here. You will have to pay the difference between J and Y at the airport if you want to do so.

Comment

Maybe someone has more Krisflyer miles than they really need and and would like to sell them. I can be named a nominee. A fully paid for upgrade at the airport would be too expensive for me.

Comment

If someone would like to gift geraldt an upgrade gratis - kindly step forward, otherwise please keep the topic of discussion to only legal means of instrument trading. In this case, selling is against Krisflyer T&C's, and as such, we do not encourage such activity.

Comment

Question

Definitely don't intend to offend you as you run this message board and work for SQ, but are you sure that this is 'illegal'? I understand why Singapore Airlines wouldn't want this to be happen but I can imagine this being challenged in court and Singapore Airlines being told that they have no right to stop people from trading what they own?

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL
            Until such a ruling is made, the Krisflyer T&Cs as they stand shall prevail and members of Krisflyer agree to be bound by the T&Cs as a condition of their membership.
            I think he was trying to draw the distinction between "illegality" (as in, conduct that is contrary to the laws of a country, resulting in criminal liability, which this is clearly not) and "against the rules", which would be this case since the T&Cs are not a national law, but simply the agreed terms of the agreement between Krisflyer and the member.

Of course, Krisflyer would be more than within its rights to just cancel all the member's points etc upon discovery of the activity, but selling upgrades are not illegal, just against the rules.
            Last edited by stargold; 30 May 2008, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by geraldt View Post
              ...are you sure that this is 'illegal'? I understand why Singapore Airlines wouldn't want this to be happen but I can imagine this being challenged in court and Singapore Airlines being told that they have no right to stop people from trading what they own?
              Until such a ruling is made, the Krisflyer T&Cs as they stand shall prevail and members of Krisflyer agree to be bound by the T&Cs as a condition of their membership.
              Last edited by KeithMEL; 30 May 2008, 03:29 AM. Reason: oops accidentally deleted my post from earlier
              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by geraldt View Post
                Definitely don't intend to offend you as you run this message board and work for SQ
                I'd be interested in hearing how you come to the conclusion SQflyergirl works for SQ, as it's news to me.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                  I'd be interested in hearing how you come to the conclusion SQflyergirl works for SQ, as it's news to me.
                  I too, would be interested to find that out

Comment

I think he's just confused... maybe because SQFG said in her reply "[...] and as such, we do not encourage such activity" which perhaps he mistook for an indication that she worked there.

Comment

Originally posted by stargold View Post
                      I think he's just confused... maybe because SQFG said in her reply "[...] and as such, we do not encourage such activity" which perhaps he mistook for an indication that she worked there.
                      Ah! yes, perhaps i could have been a little clearer.

What I did mean was that we do not encourage activity that contravenes Krisflyer rules ON SQTalk

Comment

Yes surely she would be SQworkinggirl if she worked for SQ. Then again some of the naughtier SQTers here might jump to another conclusion on how she made her living with a handle like that.

Comment

SQFG is one talented lady with many facets.

NOT related to my comment above:

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                          Yes surely she would be SQworkinggirl if she worked for SQ. Then again some of the naughtier SQTers here might jump to another conclusion on how she made her living with a handle like that.
                          Ahem...I did come to that conclusion just before reading your second sentence.
                          HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                            Ahem...I did come to that conclusion just before reading your second sentence.
                            Which confirms your membership in that segment of SQTalkers, no?
                            Last edited by jjpb3; 1 June 2008, 02:03 AM.
                            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                              Our very own SQFG or SQWG in a kebaya! Sexy!

Comment

Working...
                              X