Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conrad Centennial Singapore

Hi all,

I've got an upcoming stay at said hotel for a night in which i've booked business room with cash and upgraded to executive premier room with points.

due to a previous stay incident, conrad has offered me a complimentary upgrade (regardless of which room i'm booked into) to their executive suite for my next stay as part of their service recovery.

In their email, they mentioned that they've upgraded me from Centennial Suite to Executive Suite. However, when booking their rooms I dont see any Centennial Suite, so am I right to assume that the executive premier room IS the centennial suite? (Somehow the centennial suite name sounds better that executive suite.)

At the same time, since I'm being offered a complimentary upgrade, can I ask for a refund of the points that i've originally used? and if so, who do i request it from? Conrad or HHonors?

Thanks all in advance.
    Last edited by RCTP; 16 January 2014, 10:46 AM. Reason: typo

Originally posted by RCTP View Post
    At the same time, since I'm being offered a complimentary upgrade, can I ask for a refund of the points that i've originally used? and if so, who do i request it from? Conrad of HHonors?

Thanks all in advance.
    I think you should contact the hotel directly

I've only tried rooms up to the Centennial (i.e. junior suite), and am pretty sure there's another category higher up, which is their Exec Suite. You'll be enjoying yourself, I'm sure!

Comment

After some research, I found that the centennial suite is the same as the executive premier room. There are also 2 more categories higher up: executive suite and presidential suite.

I've already sent an email to Conrad with regards to the points and hopefully get a positive reply from them.

Comment

Tell 'em to keep the points and further upgrade you to the Prez

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
          Tell 'em to keep the points and further upgrade you to the Prez
          Hey! Tha's a great idea! gonna go rub in their sense of guilt for the previous sub-par stay. heh

Comment

Out of curiosity, what happened during during the last stay.

Comment

Hey! Tha's a great idea! gonna go rub in their sense of guilt for the previous sub-par stay. heh
              And then don't forget to send me an invite for drinks

Comment

Sure! But I didn't know that I can bring in guests beyond the 2.

Anyway, this saga is starting to give me a headache. Conrad Singapore isn't able to refund the points (or so they claim). A long distance call to HHonors and was told that there are 2 ways to settle it:

1. HHonors will cancel my current reservation and rebook the room for me and I will have to top up whatever price difference between the then booking and now.
                2. Ask Conrad to refund the points from their side. According to HHonors, only Conrad Singapore has the authority to refund points and not HHonors.

Is this ping-pong diplomacy? I sure feel like being pinged and ponged around.

Comment

Sure! But I didn't know that I can bring in guests beyond the 2.
                  Show me the Prez, I bring the drinks

Lounge won't even be necessary, I know it too well

Sounds like you really should take up my suggestion with the hotel and tell them to redeem themselves before a further fiasco erupts on your second visit...

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                    Out of curiosity, what happened during during the last stay.
                    Well it was a booked for an anniversary celebration and I've also pre-ordered a bouquet of roses with specific instructions to have it placed in the room before our arrival.

I've also got email correspondence with one of Conrad's staff wrt such an arrangement and was assured that everything will be in place.

On the actual day, I arrived at Conrad at 7.30am just to register/check-in and have also informed the check-in staff that I do not need the room then. but just help to ensure again that the bouquet will be placed in the room before arrival. The check-in staff then asked about my expected arrival time and I told her 1pm.

To give them slightly more time, we arrived at 2pm. Entered the room, and saw an empty vase. I called up FD half an hour later and the staff told me to hold while she checked, returned the phone call to tell me the bouquet was on its way.

Well, other things as well, the bathtub had suspicious yellow stains all over it. (And my first thought was "Please not the cast of the Hangover series"). Those stains could only be removed with some hard scrubbing using the towels provided in the bathroom.

The bedside console wasn't functioning and so some lights and the privacy button didnt work.

After checking out, I wrote an email to Conrad highlighting the above. But I've also stated that I've had a great stay despite all that and I'm not out to pursue an agenda but just to let them know of some of the minor lapses.

So I was actually pleasantly surprised when I received a call from the Asst Manager apologising and offering a complimentary upgrade.

And it led to this situation now.

====

But to be honest, I'm still very impressed and satisfied. Till now.

Now I'm getting a headache. Heh.

Comment

You're far nicer than I would be. I read the above as an utter and abject failure (two reminders? checking-in at 7:30am? What else do they want you to do? Grow the flowers yourself and put them upstairs?)

Comment

Well well well.

Now the asst manager is telling me to wait till 20th for him to check on how to refund me the points.

Interesting how he initially sounded very confident that conrad is unable to refund them.

But am I right to think that both hhonors and conrad are able to process the refund but neither wants to budge?

Comment

Stayed here for the first time in about 18 months earlier this week. It's a shame Hilton have decided to destroy the HHonors programme as I do really like the place and even though most of the original staff from the lounge have gone from the days of 8-10 stays a year there was still a couple of familiar faces. I even got upgraded to a large Ambassador Suite for a change.

Comment

Agree with you. CCS is a great place with great staff.

Although the naming of their suites kinda confuses me. As of now I'm aware of the existence of the following:

Centennial Suites
                            Chancellor Suites (stayed in this one)
                            Ambassador Suites (from MAN_Flyer)
                            Presidential Suites

From CCS' website, their seem to be only 2 types of suites: Executive Suites and Presidential Suites.

Comment

I stayed at the Conrad Centennial Singapore at the start of February 2019. Coverage as part of a TR can be found here.

Comment

Working...
                              X