SQTalk  

Go Back   SQTalk > General > Destinations Chit-Chat

Old 25th August 2017, 04:41 PM   #16
yflyer
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS LPP2

Programs: Krisflyer/Star Gold, Qantas Gold/Oneworld Sapphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by N_Architect View Post
August 2017 is now approaching its final days, the locals who live and work in the Athens area (centre and suburbs, incl. Piraeus) are gradually returning back from their summer holidays. So by the time the clock hits September 1st more or less all of them will have been back to their positions and the city of Athens will be much more busy than today.
Ah...so Athens is like Rome, which seems to empty out completely in the summer months.

Will heed the advice on helmets and road safety if we do rent a scooter on the islands. I am personally not too keen (Seen too many car cam videos of motorcycle accidents), but maybe if the traffic is very light, I might consider it.

We have decided to take the ferry from Athens / Piraeus to Mykonos. The ferry leaves at 7.30am. Any idea how early we need to be at the port? Should we risk collecting the tickets (Pre-booked online) on the morning itself, or should we pick them up the day before?
yflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2017, 07:06 PM   #17
N_Architect
SQTalk Solitaire PPS

Programs: SQ; QR.

You can be at the ferry port gate even as late as at (say) 07:20.
Since the tickets are pre-booked online then I would imagine they will be with the ferry staff down at the entrance/embarkation gate. Best if you could check that yourselves or via the hotel concierge once you arrive in ATH.
N_Architect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2017, 08:06 AM   #18
yflyer
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS LPP2

Programs: Krisflyer/Star Gold, Qantas Gold/Oneworld Sapphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by N_Architect View Post
You can be at the ferry port gate even as late as at (say) 07:20.
Since the tickets are pre-booked online then I would imagine they will be with the ferry staff down at the entrance/embarkation gate. Best if you could check that yourselves or via the hotel concierge once you arrive in ATH.
Thanks N_Architect! I checked with the hotel concierge and they said we could pick up the tickets on the day itself, ideally up to 40 min before the ferry departs.

Thansk for all the advice! We are looking forward to our trip!
yflyer is offline   Reply With Quote