Singapore Airlines 737 MAX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singapore Airlines 737 MAX

Good news! The first 737 MAX for SQ has rolled out. The rudder and winglet is painted in SQ colours. LN #7840.

Boeing just roll out its latest 737 Max 10. Wonder if SQ will convert some of its Max9 to the bigger Max 10.
    https://aeronewsglobal.com/boeing-73...but-in-renton/

Comment

This is the image that's making its rounds around the internet.

Comment

I'm not sure whether SQ PR is going to be too happy about being associated with the Max at this point. We all know they're getting them, the issue is when.

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
        Boeing just roll out its latest 737 Max 10. Wonder if SQ will convert some of its Max9 to the bigger Max 10.
        https://aeronewsglobal.com/boeing-73...but-in-renton/
        The Max 10 is just 2 rows longer than the Max 9. Presumably they've already planned the cabin and all with the Max 9 in mind, though if the Max 10 doesn't have MCAS I can see a business case with the 2 more rows (perhaps slightly more business class?)
        an infrastructure geek

Comment

Originally posted by yuuka_miya View Post
          The Max 10 is just 2 rows longer than the Max 9. Presumably they've already planned the cabin and all with the Max 9 in mind, though if the Max 10 doesn't have MCAS I can see a business case with the 2 more rows (perhaps slightly more business class?)
          SQ has only ordered the MAX 8.

Comment

Oh well, though I guess the point still stands given that one row of economy was cut on the MAX 8 vs the -800 to fit the flatbed business class in.
            an infrastructure geek

Comment

Here are some high quality images.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Aeroimage...34296354050049

Comment

Anyone know what rego series they'll have.
                I doubt it'll be the old 9V-BBx series.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                  Anyone know what rego series they'll have.
                  I doubt it'll be the old 9V-BBx series.
                  No idea. What I’m more interested in though, is which 737 will be **A. Will it be the current MBA? Or would they give the **A to the first in their livery.

Comment

Presumably they're not going to bother reregistering and stick with the MB* series, given how Tiger's old planes went into Scoot without a reregistration in the Scoot O-series namespace. Even the new A320neos are -TN*.

Might be worth revisiting after hitting -MBZ, but even then still quite unlikely.
                    an infrastructure geek

Comment

After the MB* series it will be the ML*

Comment

Originally posted by oliverdave View Post
                        Good news! The first 737 MAX for SQ has rolled out. The rudder and winglet is painted in SQ colours. LN #7840.
                        Seems like the registration for this aircraft will be 9V-MBN. Bearing in mind that undelivered aircraft up to 9V-MBM are still painted in the SLK livery.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooter001 View Post
                          Seems like the registration for this aircraft will be 9V-MBN. Bearing in mind that undelivered aircraft up to 9V-MBM are still painted in the SLK livery.
                          I guess they will follow the current registration sequence not to mess things up. I wonder which sequence they would use once they have reached 9V-MBZ.

9V-MBA to 9V-MBM will most likely be repainted progressively once the merger is finalised.

Comment

Putting this here since it impacts SQ Maxes

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/27/faa-...-max-jets.html
                            • The FAA told Boeing that it plans to inspect each 737 Max plane individually.
                            • The agency reiterated it has no firm time frame to certify the jets, grounded since mid-March after two crashes.
                            • Boeing has said that it expects to get regulator approval this year and that it welcomes the oversight.
                            Last edited by 9V-JKL; 28 November 2019, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jul247 View Post
                              I guess they will follow the current registration sequence not to mess things up. I wonder which sequence they would use once they have reached 9V-MBZ.

9V-MBA to 9V-MBM will most likely be repainted progressively once the merger is finalised.
                              Should be 9V-ML*

Comment

Working...
                              X