HSBC's Elite Travellers Programme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
    BTW what to expect with the limo service? Just trying to save money as the taxi fare increase from next Monday

For me, certainly, it was the limo service that was what was making it worthwhile, certainly under the $90 Elite Travellers program as three trips only, and the card was paid. Even at $248 it's less than 8-trips plus now get full Priority Pass access, virtually a no-brainer for somebody like me that wavers between a Silver and Gold Card though is mostly Silver.

Get an E-Class waiting for you and usually a safer more comfortable trip than piling into the back of an old Toyota Crown or Yellow-Top Nissan.

Comment

30,000 Krisflyer miles were worth the annual fee... The airport transfers are free on top.

Note that you can have only one open reservation and this reservation is required three days before departure. Hence no more than 120 airport transfers a year...

Comment

Not quite true...... I have managed two at the same time already, one week after another and more than once.

Comment

Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
          Get an E-Class waiting for you and usually a safer more comfortable trip than piling into the back of an old Toyota Crown or Yellow-Top Nissan.
          I stay just stone throw away from airport. At most 7 min ride anyway, not too bad since now cab fares has just been increased.

anyway ever use the JetQuay for arrival?
          visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post

Note that you can have only one open reservation and this reservation is required three days before departure. Hence no more than 120 airport transfers a year...
            actually not really sure what that suppose to mean.

I had like 6 reservations for meet-and-greet service when I traveled late October.

Now I have 2, arrival and departure to/from CGK
            visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
              anyway ever use the JetQuay for arrival?

It's fine...... but takes longer to get out of the airport in total, as opposed to getting your bag and heading to a taxi.

Comment

The Meet & Greet service can be silly at times.

I asked for the service when I travelled to Dubai a few weeks back. Travelled on J so was among the first to exit the plane. One lady was waitng for me after the aerobridge but she had 3 other names for this service too ! I was told to wait at the side for the group to be complete while I see my fellow J passengers already heading quickly to the immigration queues. I told her that this defeats the whole purpose of this service (what if one of the other passengers were the last to leave the plane ?) I forgo the service and walked myself to through immigration and baggage claim. I'm not sure if the service provider in Dubai took short cuts or is this to be expected once the service is extended to more new cardmembers.

Previously, I had also asked for the Meet and Greet at Beijing for my arrival because the morning SQ flight to Beijing arrives at a very busy time of the afternoon. A petite lady was waiting for me exclusively and offered to carry my briefcase (heavy !) which I politely declined. But that was all there is.... no fast track immigration. We merely stood in the long immigration queue together and her role was reduced to making small talk while we waited in the queue. I see a few other bewildered passenger with this service waiting in line too. She accompanied me all the way to the arrival hall after customs and pointed me to the taxi direction. End of service. I gave feedback to HSBC on this one so that they know what they are paying for.

Comment

Originally posted by Quattro View Post
                  The Meet & Greet service can be silly at times.

I asked for the service when I travelled to Dubai a few weeks back. Travelled on J so was among the first to exit the plane. One lady was waitng for me after the aerobridge but she had 3 other names for this service too ! I was told to wait at the side for the group to be complete while I see my fellow J passengers already heading quickly to the immigration queues. I told her that this defeats the whole purpose of this service (what if one of the other passengers were the last to leave the plane ?) I forgo the service and walked myself to through immigration and baggage claim. I'm not sure if the service provider in Dubai took short cuts or is this to be expected once the service is extended to more new cardmembers.
                  I don't know whether HSBC uses the same vendor, but the Marhaba meet and greet service at Dubai takes you to a separate unused immigration counter, so even if you had to wait, you might still have gotten through faster than the regular J pax as you wouldn't need to queue up.

Comment

I have no idea about the HSBC vendor used for Dubai. Was my first time arriving to Dubai so asked for this service just in case immigration queues are long. Found out subsequently that Dubai immigration have separate queues for First/Business class passengers so got through straightaway. By the time I picked up my bag from the carousel, still no sight of the "fast track" group

I'll try it again for the notorious destinations with nightmare immigration queues (Jakarta, Manila, etc.) and see if it's effective.

Comment

• Looks like we have to distinguish the difference between Meet'n'Greet and 'Fast Track'.

I booked the service in BKK last week and the CX flight was quite late in landing at BKK. Still, there was nobody waiting..... I got a call from a guy asking where i was..... 'Waiting for my Bags' was the reply but this also had a lot to do with the APEC card.

The departure went better, with a girl in a bright yellow jacket feeding me all the way through, and managed to help me find the Priority Pass near the CX gate.

Comment

• Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
                        Looks like we have to distinguish the difference between Meet'n'Greet and 'Fast Track'.

I booked the service in BKK last week and the CX flight was quite late in landing at BKK. Still, there was nobody waiting..... I got a call from a guy asking where i was..... 'Waiting for my Bags' was the reply but this also had a lot to do with the APEC card.

The departure went better, with a girl in a bright yellow jacket feeding me all the way through, and managed to help me find the Priority Pass near the CX gate.
                        So you managed to pull strings with HSBC? I'd love to hear how you twisted their arm...

Comment

Looks like we have to distinguish the difference between Meet'n'Greet and 'Fast Track'.

I believe the "Fast Track" service is a feature under the "Meet'n'Greet". In fact, the HSBC service name is "Fast Track Meet & Greet". Frankly, the only feature that I value would be the bypassing of long immigration queues.

The APEC card do serve this purpose and my application status had been "pending" for many months now of course that's a separate discussion altogether.

Comment

hmmm the girls in bright yellow jackets never fail to meet me at the aerobridge at BKK.

They will bring you to the same immigration which you will use if you have VIP card also. The different is you do not need to walk but they will drive you in buggy
                            visit my blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Quattro View Post
                              I believe the "Fast Track" service is a feature under the "Meet'n'Greet". In fact, the HSBC service name is "Fast Track Meet & Greet". Frankly, the only feature that I value would be the bypassing of long immigration queues.

The APEC card do serve this purpose and my application status had been "pending" for many months now of course that's a separate discussion altogether.

There is no guarantee is a "Fast Track Service" but for sure "Meet n Greet" depend on airport. In TPE there is no special queue for immigration... So the it is "Meet n Greet" service
                              visit my blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                                So you managed to pull strings with HSBC? I'd love to hear how you twisted their arm...

They are but simple puppets in the paws of Scooby..... Money Talks, or Honey Walks!

Today I got my Infinite card approved and it should arrive within the week, just a few days too late for last weeks HKG trip that left me without lounge access for the first time in ages.

Comment

Working...
                                X