Fare Class and Booking Qns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fare Class and Booking Qns

I've got 2 qns on a booking I'm looking to make CGK-TPE-CGK for 2 adults and 1 child

1) Which is a higher fare class? H or M?

2) I'm looking to book a family trip to TPE from CGK on Dec 16 and return Dec 25 with a stopover in SIN until Jan 5/6.

When I use multi city for the stopover I need, fare came out to a ridiculous USD 8k +. When I insert the direct CGK-TPE-CGK for dep 16 Dec and return either 25 Dec or 5 Jan I get a much more reasonable USD 2k +. The fare basis for these are either H or M.

So I'm thinking since using the multi city doesn't work, I might as well just book a direct Dep 16 Dec/Ret 25 Dec or 5 Jan and then call to switch my flight for either the TPE-SIN or SIN-CGK to my desired date and incur the change fee of USD 50. However when I asked the call centre about this, they said even if the same fare class is available on the dates I want, for example M fare, they might not apply to me as there's a quota for stopover M fare and direct booking M fare.

Hope somebody can advise whether that's true. If so then I'll have to drop my idea of booking a H or M fare and then calling in to change the flight.

Many thanks in advance!

?
    Originally posted by worldrally View Post
    I've got 2 qns on a booking I'm looking to make CGK-TPE-CGK for 2 adults and 1 child

1) Which is a higher fare class? H or M?

2) I'm looking to book a family trip to TPE from CGK on Dec 16 and return Dec 25 with a stopover in SIN until Jan 5/6.

When I use multi city for the stopover I need, fare came out to a ridiculous USD 8k +. When I insert the direct CGK-TPE-CGK for dep 16 Dec and return either 25 Dec or 5 Jan I get a much more reasonable USD 2k +. The fare basis for these are either H or M.

So I'm thinking since using the multi city doesn't work, I might as well just book a direct Dep 16 Dec/Ret 25 Dec or 5 Jan and then call to switch my flight for either the TPE-SIN or SIN-CGK to my desired date and incur the change fee of USD 50. However when I asked the call centre about this, they said even if the same fare class is available on the dates I want, for example M fare, they might not apply to me as there's a quota for stopover M fare and direct booking M fare.

Hope somebody can advise whether that's true. If so then I'll have to drop my idea of booking a H or M fare and then calling in to change the flight.

Many thanks in advance!
    Just a very quick thinking, without having to consider M or H fares, and if your dates are fixed, why don't you book SIN/TPE return for 16-25 Dec and CGK/SIN return for 16 Dec - 5 Jan as 2 seperate set of tickets? I think these would cost less than $2k per person in total.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin-sg View Post
      ?

Just a very quick thinking, without having to consider M or H fares, and if your dates are fixed, why don't you book SIN/TPE return for 16-25 Dec and CGK/SIN return for 16 Dec - 5 Jan as 2 seperate set of tickets? I think these would cost less than $2k per person in total.
      Rule number 1 : avoid buying national carriers from the home hub.

SIN-TPE return on those dates for 2 adults+1 child is SGD 2,994.80 for sweet deal prices (non refundable, changeable with fee, and 50% miles) and SGD 3,352 for flexi saver M fares.

CGK-TPE on same dates is USD 2,119.34 for sweet deals and USD 2,174.34 for flexi saver,

It's true that the SIN-TPE M fares and CGK-TPE M fares have different quotas. SIN-TPE may show M availability but CGK-TPE may not. Encounter the same situation for many of my SGN-SIN-India flights. And many of the through-ticket saver fares have restrictions whether it's outbound or inbound etc.

If I were you, will buy direct bookings. And then try to change. If unable to change without exorbitant stopover repricing or if not available, be prepared to no-show the last sector and buy a cheap one way back to CGK using budget air if you fly them or if not, Air France have fares of about SGD122 or so one-way.

Comment

Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
        Rule number 1 : avoid buying national carriers from the home hub.

SIN-TPE return on those dates for 2 adults+1 child is SGD 2,994.80 for sweet deal prices (non refundable, changeable with fee, and 50% miles) and SGD 3,352 for flexi saver M fares.

CGK-TPE on same dates is USD 2,119.34 for sweet deals and USD 2,174.34 for flexi saver,

It's true that the SIN-TPE M fares and CGK-TPE M fares have different quotas. SIN-TPE may show M availability but CGK-TPE may not. Encounter the same situation for many of my SGN-SIN-India flights. And many of the through-ticket saver fares have restrictions whether it's outbound or inbound etc.

If I were you, will buy direct bookings. And then try to change. If unable to change without exorbitant stopover repricing or if not available, be prepared to no-show the last sector and buy a cheap one way back to CGK using budget air if you fly them or if not, Air France have fares of about SGD122 or so one-way.
        Great suggestion SQueeze. 1 way SIN-CGK with the flexi saver still gonna be cheaper than paying the Y fare which SQ suggested.

Thanks to all and have a wonderful Sunday.

Comment

Working...
        X