No announcement yet.

SQ to move to T3 at Jakarta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the T2 terminal, T3 lost it charm, dimly lit and long treks to the gate

Comment

9th March, the 6pm flight on the A350 was at E3 as well as the 5.25am flight on 18 April. The surprising one was 18 April since that arrives the night before as SQ 968 and should be the only SQ plane left overnight

Comment

Originally posted by davidfusq View Post
        I don’t understand why they couldn’t just let us arrive at terminal 2E and collect the luggage from any free 2E belt instead of the first D1 belt that SQ always uses.
        I read in another forum that immigration at T2E is no longer staffed, hence the need to bus arriving passengers to T2D to clear immigration and customs.

Honestly, i don’t think T3 is as bad as some people make it out to be. If anything, i appreciate the wide open spaces that it provides. And I don’t think the walking distance is any longer than at the old T2 or at Changi or any other major airport in the world for that matter. And knowing SQ, they’ll pay for premium gate assignment (I’m thinking gate 8) that will minimize the walking distance.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
          This will give them a golden opportunity to make a decent lounge...
          This is the main thing that I look forward to. As a lowly economy passenger, the current contract lounge for KFGold is pretty sad (although not the worst). I'd rather sit near the security checkpoint, with the garden view, than sit inside the dimly lit lounge.

Any chance they might have a SilverKris lounge?

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
            I do not think this is true. I have been passing through CGK T3. he walk is shorter compare to T2 in my opinion.
            I don't fly ex-CGK on SQ anything like as much as some people on here but I have been flying them from there for about 15 years and can only once remember not leaving from D1, which is a 3-4 minute walk from the lounge. Never used T3, yet, so can't comment on that.

I did notice the SQ 330 or 350 (can't remember which) at another gate that was quite a distance from the lounge but I presume that is always the case for that flight as its close to SQ961 which ets D1.

I am guessing SQ will end up have to share the lounge like Esplanade lounge in T2.
            The Esplanade lounge is SQ's own lounge, effectively. They should really have just called it an SKL (albeit it would probably be the worst in the network now with others having had a refurb) but didn't want to for some reason. Maybe because it's crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Boy View Post
              Any chance they might have a SilverKris lounge?
              They should, and a good one, as the value of the local market to SQ is enormous. I am told that at the moment they are not being offered space for one so SQ pax will have to use a shared one.

Comment

Singapore Airlines doesn’t operate a SilverKris Lounge in Indonesia, or for that matter any foreign airlines do not operate their own branded lounge, as I read on another forum that there is a restriction by either Indonesia airport authority or the ministry on foreign airlines lounges. Singapore Airlines circumvent this by having JAS (the ground agent in Jakarta airport) operates the Esplanade Lounge exclusively for SQ guests. So, in practice, Esplanade Lounge is just another SilverKris Lounge. Anyway, the name Esplanade would remind anyone of Singapore and hence Singapore Airlines.

Another interesting thing about the scale of SQ in Jakarta T2 is that their check in desk is the northernmost end of T2. There is a dedicated immigration lane for SQ first and business class passengers just next to the check in desk which lead directly to the Premier Lounge and a short distance away from gate D1. These First and Business Class guests have to walk through and exit the Premier Lounge to cross over to access the Esplanade Lounge. The Premier Lounge is designated as Krisflyer Gold Lounge, though KFEG members traveling on economy class cannot use the dedicated immigration lane and in order to access the lounge has to make one big U-Turn past the normal immigration located at the Southern section of the terminal.
                Last edited by davidfusq; 23 April 2018, 03:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                  The Esplanade lounge is SQ's own lounge, effectively. They should really have just called it an SKL (albeit it would probably be the worst in the network now with others having had a refurb) but didn't want to for some reason. Maybe because it's crap.
                  I do not recall now if there is no other way to gain access to Esplanade lounge (either other airlines use it etc).

But I do remember that someone (with credible source) told me that SQ actually wanted to build SKL but the AP II did not agree. So at he end it becomes Esplanade lounge which is managed by JAS actually.

JAS Airport service operates lounges, which are located in the major Indonesian airports to provide exclusive service for our clients’ priority passengers.

Our Premier and Esplanade Lounges, located in Jakarta, Denpasar, and Surabaya, are designed elegantly to offer the best ambience and comfort for our guests.
                  visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by SQ968 View Post
                    I read in another forum that immigration at T2E is no longer staffed, hence the need to bus arriving passengers to T2D to clear immigration and customs.

Honestly, i don’t think T3 is as bad as some people make it out to be. If anything, i appreciate the wide open spaces that it provides. And I don’t think the walking distance is any longer than at the old T2 or at Changi or any other major airport in the world for that matter. And knowing SQ, they’ll pay for premium gate assignment (I’m thinking gate 8) that will minimize the walking distance.
                    I do not think it is a matter of staffing. SQ uses D terminal at CGK, so imagine what nightmare to now and then redirect passenger to E gate?

This is the same everywhere even in SIN. I remember disembarking/board the plane on the "border" gate in SIN. For example SQ use D40/41 which is technically in T1 instead of T2.

If your SQ plan arrived at D41, there will be ground staff to redirect you to T2, as the baggage will be delivered at T2. Of course if you are traveling light and familiar with the airport, you can simply walk down to immigration hall at T1 and get off.
                    visit my blog

Comment

My recent SQ962 flight which arrives at CGK 1710 was parked at E3. Upon disembarkation, we were ushered across to E4 and goes down the stairs to board a bus to bring us to arrival in Terminal 2D. What a long journey.... I don’t understand why they couldn’t just let us arrive at terminal 2E and collect the luggage from any free 2E belt instead of the first D1 belt that SQ always uses.
                      Same experience when I took the last flight out of SIN. SQ968 I think. I did not notice exactly what gate (not even realize it is E gate). We got off from the plan, walk down to aerobridge and redirect to another "pendopo" instead of taking escalator down. Then went down to board the bus. Only then I realized we were in the wrong terminal.

Just wonder why they cannot make the bus standby below the first gate.

The issue is SQ is using T2D not 2E so they do not have "access" to the facility there? Also I guess easier to move people by bus.

Garuda did this very often in CGK. I was flying DPS - CGK on B77W. Upon arrival at CGK. We walked through the aerobridge then come out from the gate, went down by stair board the bus (as we arrived at International section and need to be ferried to domestic section). I notice some of people seem very familiar with the drill. I gues they are GA frequent fliers

The same plane should depart back to SIN at 1805 and hence the same E3 gate that lingua uses. Then again, I don’t understand why the airport didn’t assign a D gate for the aircraft when I saw there are some D gates weren’t occupied. Of course as there are three SIN-CGK SQ flights in the span of 3 hours departing SIN between 1515 and 1720, thus gate D1 couldn’t be used for the middle of these 3 flights.
                      at least in CGK you can walk between Terminal 2D and 2E. My friend told me he has experieced that the aircraft was parked on different section of airport. So you walk through the aerobridge and claim down the stairs, board the bus, they bring you to another gate. get off from buss claim the stair on the other aerobridge and board the plane.

CGK is very very congested now.
                      visit my blog

Comment

I do not think it is a matter of staffing. SQ uses D terminal at CGK, so imagine what nightmare to now and then redirect passenger to E gate?
                        I think you misunderstood what I meant. I meant that immigration in T2E had been closed. There is no immigration staff there, so all passengers need to be redirected to T2D to complete immigration formalities there because there is no immigration facilities in T2E anymore. This applies on all flights which have the misfortune of being assigned a T2E gate.

Anyway SQ using one of the T2E gates is nothing new. I recalled departing from E3 as early as mid 2000s. At that time normally SQ158/958 and 159/959 would have been assigned an E gate as it arrived/departed during the afternoon rush (CI, BR, CX, SQ arriving/departing within minutes of each other), they had to divert some flights to park in T2E otherwise immigration queues in T2D would be overflowing.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ968 View Post
                          I think you misunderstood what I meant. I meant that immigration in T2E had been closed. There is no immigration staff there, so all passengers need to be redirected to T2D to complete immigration formalities there because there is no immigration facilities in T2E anymore. This applies on all flights which have the misfortune of being assigned a T2E gate.

Anyway SQ using one of the T2E gates is nothing new. I recalled departing from E3 as early as mid 2000s. At that time normally SQ158/958 and 159/959 would have been assigned an E gate as it arrived/departed during the afternoon rush (CI, BR, CX, SQ arriving/departing within minutes of each other), they had to divert some flights to park in T2E otherwise immigration queues in T2D would be overflowing.
                          You are probably right that there now is no more immigration anymore in T2E as GA has moved to T3.

But I do not think that is the reason. My arrival on T2E was quite some months ago when GA International flights still using T2E.

Even if there is immigration staff in T2E, the airlines will not deliver the luggage in T2E, so how you will collect the luggage?
                          visit my blog

Comment

I think the Angkasa Pura II as the airport operator should be more proactive to ensure the seamless-ness of travelling through SHIA, such as reallocating gates and check-in desks so that the load between the sub terminals are balanced.

It seems now airlines in 2E have mostly moved to T3 and 2E landside check in areas are mostly empty. Even the 2E airside have been reduced with lounges previously occupied by Garuda and other local banks have been deserted and hoarded up to be part of 2F domestic area but still deserted.

Comment

I think the Angkasa Pura II as the airport operator should be more proactive to ensure the seamless-ness of travelling through SHIA, such as reallocating gates and check-in desks so that the load between the sub terminals are balanced.
                              Why they should? This is Indonesia le.... They would not care much.

Do you know why GA is still flying CGK-SIN-AMS-CGK on some days?
                              visit my blog

Comment

You are probably right that there now is no more
                                Even if there is immigration staff in T2E, the airlines will not deliver the luggage in T2E, so how you will collect the luggage?
                                Easy. From T2E immigration, just turn right instead of left. Turning right will bring you to T2D belt area whereas turning left will bring you to T2E belt area. The arrival level at CGK is interconnected between each sub terminal

Comment

Working...
                                X