Finding a hotel in Bangkok

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding a hotel in Bangkok

Hello, I'm going to BKK sometime next week and I would like to find a good business hotel which is not too expensive. I know BKK has plenty of hotels, but I would like to stay in a good hotel. Thanks.

Depending on how you define good hotel.
    Like for an example, I like to stay at LeMeridien Plaza Anthenee nowdays. But for some whom I know, it's not to their liking.
    I have seen Siam City, Majestic Garden, Jasmine City and the Davies. They are looking fine for me. I think Davies is the more business like hotel...

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
      I like to stay at LeMeridien Plaza Anthenee nowdays.
      I second that vote. The rates are reasonable, and the rooms are quite nicely furnished. (And you get SPG points, if you're into that sort of thing. )
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Good, modern looking rooms with a good range of facilities in the room. Nice surroundings, central location. Hotel food is good (need a good buffet breakfast), and of course value. I was thinking about Grand Hyatt Erawan but its a little pricey. How about Holiday Inn down the road? I would definitely love Shangri-La, but its very far away from Siam Square and Chidlom.

Comment

Other than frequent guest program, I usually look for somewhere near the BTS (skytrain) or subway. I heard from SQTalker who likes Royal Orchid Sheraton because of the proxiity to the river, and the Club Lounge has the river view...

Comment

Originally posted by WSSS View Post
            I would definitely love Shangri-La, but its very far away from Siam Square and Chidlom.
            Simple. Walk out of the Krung Thep Wing at the Shangri-La and Saphan Taksin BTS (Skytrain) station is literally next to the Hotel. Hop on that and you'll be at Siam Square in about 10 minutes. Change at Siam Square and Chit Lom is the first stop on the Sukhumvit Line. That will take another 3-4 minutes.

I did the journey last week, while I was staying at the Royal Orchid Sheraton....

Comment

The Sofitel on Silom used to have good rates.......if you like a nice small hotel I can recommend "The Swiss Lodge" on Convent road.

Try this site:

http://www.latestays.com/

Comment

I always try tripadvisor for comments on BKK hotels.

Then also try this http://www.asia-discovery.com/BKKtips.htm...where you can search hotels by area.

Comment

The distance from Siphya to Siam Square and Chidlom is very far. I would love to stay by the river, but its rather far from the shopping district. I find walking to the Skytrain far, I nearly died when I thought it was very near. How is the Royal Orchid Sheraton? The rooms and the facilities. I guess its good. Yes, I went to check TripAdvisor and of course the top hotels like Oriental and Peninsula made it to the top of the popularity index. Thanks everybody for recommending.

Comment

If you think 10 minutes to get to Siam Square and 15 minutes to get to Chit Lom from the Shangri-La is too long then you've had far better experiences travelling around Bangkok than every other person I know. It can take longer than that to travel a mile on Sukhumvit Road in a taxi at times.

The Royal Orchid Sheraton is a nice place. But I am SPG Plat so I get nice treatment there and it assists keeping the status so it's a win-win for me. I also stay at the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and like that as well.

Comment

I liked the Westin on Sukhumvhit Rd. It's also right outside a Skytrain station. The whole hotel is very slick, and the rooms are nice and modern. Some people might not appreciate having to take 2 lifts to get to their rooms though...

I do not like grand hotels and so I've never stayed at the Sheraton Grande across the road but my parents rave about the service there.

Will be checking out the Plaza Athenee Le Meridien next month.
                      Last edited by KeithMEL; 13 June 2007, 06:25 PM.
                      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Royal Orchid Sheraton is rather inconvenient, isn't it? The Skytrain is 15 mins walk away from the hotel and it takes well 25-30 mins to the shopping area. Taking a cab may be faster, I don't know. Its much cheaper than the Sukhumvit one. Westin also looks good, cheaper than Sheraton Grande. I'm thinking of Swissotel Nai Lert Park, stayed there before and its quite good (though its a long walk from Skytrain station).

Comment

The Royal Orchid Sheraton is a very nice hotel, but I agree with you WSSS that it's somewhat inconvenient to public transportation. The service was quite impeccable, though.
                          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by WSSS View Post
                            Royal Orchid Sheraton is rather inconvenient, isn't it? The Skytrain is 15 mins walk away from the hotel and it takes well 25-30 mins to the shopping area. Taking a cab may be faster, I don't know. Its much cheaper than the Sukhumvit one. Westin also looks good, cheaper than Sheraton Grande. I'm thinking of Swissotel Nai Lert Park, stayed there before and its quite good (though its a long walk from Skytrain station).
                            Let's rewind a bit here.

My recommendation for you to use the very convenient BTS to Siam and Chit Lom was in response to you saying you were considering the Shangri-La but bemoaning it's distance from those two locations. The BTS is next to the Shangri-La. I just happened to comment that I stayed at the ROS when I travelled the same route I recommended last week.

They actually run a complimentary and quite enjoyable shuttle boat service from the ROS to Saphan Taksin for the BTS, so no need for any 15 minute walk.

I would expect the Westin to be cheaper than the Sheraton Grande, as the latter is a far better hotel. I am not a fan of the Westin.
                            Last edited by MAN Flyer; 14 June 2007, 01:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                              Let's rewind a bit here.

My recommendation for you to use the very convenient BTS to Siam and Chit Lom was in response to you saying you were considering the Shangri-La but bemoaning it's distance from those two locations. The BTS is next to the Shangri-La. I just happened to comment that I stayed at the ROS when I travelled the same route I recommended last week.

They actually run a complimentary and quite enjoyable shuttle boat service from the ROS to Saphan Taksin for the BTS, so no need for any 15 minute walk.

I would expect the Westin to be cheaper than the Sheraton Grande, as the latter is a far better hotel. I am not a fan of the Westin.
                              Not bad. May consider staying at ROS. I'm now a bit scared of my safety at Nai Lert Park, because its next to the British Embassy. Nice hotel though, but don't stay in their Swiss Classic Room or the rooms on L5, the room design is from the days Hilton managed the hotel. I'm not too keen on Westin in Bangkok, its at Asok side, not too convenient if want to go shopping. Sheraton Grande is way too expensive for my family.

Comment

Working...
                              X