SQTalk  

Go Back   SQTalk > Singapore Airlines > All About Singapore Airlines

Old 28th March 2019, 08:13 PM   #1
thelongroad
SQTalk Elite Silver

Default Bassinet size

Future flight has changed from long haul 772 to regional A350, so I'm going to lose my nice wide row 11 J seat. Does anybody have any experience with how large an infant can be and still travel in the bassinet? Really don't want to hold for 8 hours. Child will be 13 months, probably about average size or a bit larger for his age.
thelongroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2019, 06:58 AM   #2
Dobbo
SQTalk Elite Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelongroad View Post
Future flight has changed from long haul 772 to regional A350, so I'm going to lose my nice wide row 11 J seat. Does anybody have any experience with how large an infant can be and still travel in the bassinet? Really don't want to hold for 8 hours. Child will be 13 months, probably about average size or a bit larger for his age.
I think you should find out the size of bassinet from SQ.

We travelled on a variety of aircraft over the last few weeks (A380, B772, A333, long haul A350) with an 8 month old in a bassinet - they were all (to my eye) the same size and I think it would be tough and go if we repeated the trip in 5 months time.

Hope this is (somewhat) helpful.
Dobbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2019, 12:52 PM   #3
fone
SQTalk PPS Club

Programs: A3 *G

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelongroad View Post
Nonetheless, you can still request for bassinet seat, if you prefer that over a normal seat, whether you actually use the bassinet or not. A350 should still be able to sleep side by side with the infant, bulkhead/bassinet seat should give slightly more space (I think).
fone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2019, 03:34 PM   #4
pokfur
SQTalk Elite Gold

Programs: SQ PPS Club, BA Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by fone View Post
Nonetheless, you can still request for bassinet seat, if you prefer that over a normal seat, whether you actually use the bassinet or not. A350 should still be able to sleep side by side with the infant, bulkhead/bassinet seat should give slightly more space (I think).
I don't think there'll be any space on the new regional J to sleep side by side with an infant. That seat is narrow!

I'll be on the regional A350 next month with my 6.5month old infant and have the bassinet seat. I'll see if I can report back on my opinions, if you haven't already flown by then..
pokfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2019, 04:45 PM   #5
SQ025
SQTalk Elite Gold

My experience is that a 13month old baby would be to tall for the bassinet.
SQ025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2019, 08:18 AM   #6
fone
SQTalk PPS Club

Programs: A3 *G

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokfur View Post
I don't think there'll be any space on the new regional J to sleep side by side with an infant. That seat is narrow!

I'll be on the regional A350 next month with my 6.5month old infant and have the bassinet seat. I'll see if I can report back on my opinions, if you haven't already flown by then..
Oops, I keep thinking of the long haul A350.
fone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2019, 06:13 PM   #7
thelongroad
SQTalk Elite Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokfur View Post

Yes, I would be very grateful for a report - my flight is not until January.
thelongroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2019, 12:59 AM   #8
EWR
SQTalk PPS Club

Programs: SQ*G, BA

The bassinet hooks onto a shelf near the window in 11AK on the A359R. It sits parallel to the adult seat. It's a somewhat narrow bassinet IIRC, maybe about 12-14" wide? It's more of a longish bassinet though extending from the bulkhead to the console. I think an infant <10 months would fit comfortably - anything more would depend
EWR is offline   Reply With Quote