Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone flown with a male Inflight Auditor ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone flown with a male Inflight Auditor ?

I know we've had discussions about the female IFA's (or rather their uniform) but I had a male IFA for the first time on SQ319 last week. Same suit as the male crew but he had a Gold (or Yellow) Tie.

I have to say this guy was very impressive, especially in the way he got stuck in with the crew during meal times. He seemed to really love 'getting his hands dirty' rather than standing around observing like the female IFA I witnessed before. Maybe it was just him as he seemed to really enjoy doing it, or was it he missed it from days of old ?. He topped my glass up more than any other crew member!!.

The flight was also impressive for the numbers serving in F. With the IFA it meant we had four crew in F. It was a full cabin with all 12 seats occupied but for the second meal serving when another LSS joined in, it meant we had five crew serving in the cabin.

I have had several flights with male IFA onboard.
    Talking to one of them, I was told that some of them actually do the IFA job temporarily, to return to IFS after certain period (1 year or so). They have the option to remain IFA or go back to IFS, IIRC.
    Apparently some prefers to be IFS.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
      With the IFA it meant we had four crew in F. It was a full cabin with all 12 seats occupied but for the second meal serving when another LSS joined in, it meant we had five crew serving in the cabin.
      Did you have IFS on board?

Comment

I actually had a flight with a male inflight auditor last month. It was on SQ 2 SIN-HKG-SFO although I think that he was only on the SIN-HKG sector. I noticed his yellow/gold tie and never recalled a SQ male crew with that kind of tie. I assumed he was the male inflight auditor, because I read about the female inflight auditor on another thread. Turns out my assumption is correct

Comment

Got one experience SIN - Athens when I noted this guy with a gold tie. Did not realised it until someone posted it on this site. I bumped into the same in flight crew in the hotel lobby when they were departing. Did not see the gentleman with that tie though and he was not on my return flight. Perhaps he took the same day flight back.

Comment

Once for me and it was on the overnight Delhi - Singapore flight. I then met the same IFA in the hotel lobby 3 weeks later in Mumbai and managed to have a chat with him for the first time. I could tell you this guy was very professional. We were lining up at the front desk - I was trying to get a new key issued to me while he was checking out with all the other SQ crews but he still managed to address me as I was one the passengers flying out that night.
            Last edited by UMD; 4 April 2009, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LionCity View Post
              Got one experience SIN - Athens when I noted this guy with a gold tie. Did not realised it until someone posted it on this site. I bumped into the same in flight crew in the hotel lobby when they were departing. Did not see the gentleman with that tie though and he was not on my return flight. Perhaps he took the same day flight back.
              That would have been the Intercontinental yes?

Comment

The Golden Man

Recently made 2 trips on SIN- CPH and SIN-MEL and saw the Golden tie man. He seems to just walk around and ocassionally serves passengers. Wonders what's his duty is exactly?

Comment

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6734

Comment

Had one yesterday coming back from MNL also- rather nice chap, and he WAS helping out (despite the load being light).

I asked him why - he said, oh - it's part of the pride I have in my job kudos to him that's for sure.

Comment

Threads merged.

jjpb3
                      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

I do see a certain male IFA every now and then, bump into him in the lift or at the carpark at home, he is a downstairs neighbour... haha
                        This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

i remember having one onboard a SIN-LAX or EWR(cant quite remember :S) flight at the start of this year. My friend was working on the flight and he told me that he couldnt change his flight cause there was an auditor onboard

Comment

I have actually never experienced that on a flight, are they only in the premium cabins?
                            Singapore Airlines fan in Sweden.

Comment

My first ever flight on SQ, which was only 7 years ago incidentally, had a male IA

Comment

Working...
                              X