Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New mobile site ... and apps? Does it really work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New mobile site ... and apps? Does it really work?

Just received this in the mail.

Singapore Airlines will be launching a new mobile website1. In conjunction with the new mobile website, we will also be introducing new iPhone and Android applications. These will eventually replace our existing mobile website/applications. The new website/applications will be rolled out in phases and you can look forward to a wider range of functionalities with each release.

We would like to invite you to try out the check-in and flight status functions on the Beta release of our new mobile website (URL: https://mobile.singaporeair.com ) on your mobile device for your next Singapore Airlines flight. Please note that “Mobile Boarding Pass”2 will only be available for Singapore Airlines flights originating Hong Kong to Singapore3 in this Beta release.

In addition, for Android phone users, we would like to invite you to try out the Beta release of our new Android application. Please email us at Beta_Mobile@singaporeair.com.sg. to receive the Android application installation file.

Due to technical constraints, we will not be releasing a Beta version of our new iPhone Application.

We look forward to receiving your feedback to help us improve our mobile services offering. Please send your feedback to Beta_Mobile@singaporeair.com.sg.. We would appreciate it if you could indicate whether you are using the mobile website or Android application.

Thank you for your kind support.

Yours Sincerely,
    Hew Chuen Chiet
    Senior Manager Direct Sales
    Singapore Airlines Limited

1 Smartphones on the following operating systems are supported – iOS (all versions), Android (all versions), Blackberry OS (6.0 and above) and WebOS.

2 For bookings with single-passengers who do not have any visa and/or credit card check requirements.

3 More cities and flights will be introduced in due course.

Who is going to be game to try this?

Comment

If it doesn't crash the moment I log on, it's a miracle

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
        Just received this in the mail.
        So they are asking you to be their free tester?
        visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
          So they are asking you to be their free tester?
          Not me. Am a iPhone user and the last time I was in HK was a year and a half ago. Might try their mobile site on my iPad.

Comment

Just tried the mobile website on my iPad.

The website layout is aesthetically pleasing, incorporating SQ's blue hues, no gaudy color combinations or weird text formats, only services currently available are flight status and OLCI as mentioned in CarbonMan's OP,(have no upcoming flights on SQ, wasn't able to take it for a spin).

I'd hope in due course the website will be updated so that passengers can purchase tickets, view and amend existing bookings and view their Krisflyer/PPS Club profiles. As of now the website doesn't serve a purpose.
            Last edited by viraj735; 16 March 2012, 06:40 AM.
            The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

Tried checking-in to my flight on the mobile site today.

The moment I landed on the site, it had a warning that it may not work properly on my device, an iPad.

As is intended the site is simple and sparse. It allowed me to very simply conduct a one-button check-in with options to change my seat and to print my BP (with a warning that if I were to print it I could neither cancel the check-in nor change my seat anymore).

Seat selection layout was displayed very simply. It did not indicate seats that were windowless (380 J) nor did it showed where the galley or toilets are. The session will time out pretty quickly if you leave the screen unattended for about 5mins.

And, no, one can't book any flights yet but you can check the status of one.

It certainly followed the KISS principal of a mobile website to a T.

Comment

The mobile site is crap. Just decided to check my flight status for SQ318 SIN-LHR tomorrow. It showed me that time of departure was 0055 instead of 1255. For 3 whole secs, I thought I booked the wrong flight and therefore missed it!

The site did show the correct arrival time of 1905.

The crap has spread.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                  The mobile site is crap. Just decided to check my flight status for SQ318 SIN-LHR tomorrow. It showed me that time of departure was 0055 instead of 1255. For 3 whole secs, I thought I booked the wrong flight and therefore missed it!

The site did show the correct arrival time of 1905.

The crap has spread.
                  You had expectations in the first place?

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                    You had expectations in the first place?
                    I was hopeful! Wrote one long love letter to SQ while flying.

Comment

Working...
                    X