This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning,
    I flying in two weeks from Frankfurt to Singapore an back with SQ325/326 (B77W), have this aircraft the new economy Seats?

Thanks and greetings from Germany

Comment

• Originally posted by schilling04 View Post
      Good Morning,
      I flying in two weeks from Frankfurt to Singapore an back with SQ325/326 (B77W), have this aircraft the new economy Seats?

SQ 325/326 recently have been operated by 77W that have been refitted already so they will have new seats.

You may check what plane is flying as SQ326 to Frankfurt before you fly off using Flightradar24 or Icargo.Net . Just note that the 77W with the registration of 9V-SWG, 9V-SWI , 9V-SWQ , 9V-SWR , 9V-SWS and 9V-SWT does not have new seats.

Comment

• Oh, ok, many thanks, I will check Flightradar before departure

Comment

• Originally posted by schilling04 View Post
          Good Morning,

Unless something very, very unusual happens, you will have the new seats.

Ich wünsche Ihnen eine angenehme Reise!

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
            Unless something very, very unusual happens, you will have the new seats.

Ich wünsche Ihnen eine angenehme Reise!
            Vielen Dank SQ228

Comment

• How do I know whether my SYD to SIN SQ242 and SIN to LHR SQ318 flights feature the new business class seats?

Comment

• Originally posted by echa2949 View Post
                How do I know whether my SYD to SIN SQ242 and SIN to LHR SQ318 flights feature the new business class seats?
                As for SQ242, 99% you will get a new biz class seat as this flight serves PEY, also according to the history almost all aircrafts that i know have new biz class seats:

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/sq242

You can check in the morning (Sydney's time) on the day SQ241 (SIN-SYD) https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/sq241 as it will be definitely serves SQ242 on the way back, but prolly it will be too late to make flight changes.

On the other hand, SQ318 has a mixture of aircraft but dominated with new business class seats 9V-SWU - 9V-SWZ, occasionally old interior aircraft was flown, such as 9V-SWR, 9V-SWT, 9V-SWS, this cannot be checked online, however you can call local SIA office and ask the registration, although they can always change in the last minute.

Comment

• Flew Y on PER-SIN-PER on 9V-SVJ (Refurbed Y) and 9V-SQK (2006Y) a few weeks ago after not flying SQ for 3+ years.

Was disappointed with the IFE on the SVJ - clearly very old and a downgrade from the A330 previously used.

Was also disappointed with SQK as my IFE (despite newer) did not work, and 2 out of 5 toilets did not function from takeoff. Queues of 10 - 15 pax were common through the 2nd half of the flight. After complaining (politely and nicely) about the IFE, I received $75 Krisshop voucher to use but it was given to me when the flight was descending, so no chance to find something that is available on board.

Comment

• Well according to FR24, seems like SWR has hatched today.

Comment

• Originally posted by goodielecks View Post
                      Well according to FR24, seems like SWR has hatched today.
                      ... as a 77WR without a doubt.

Code:
                      DOSQ806/27AUG
                      * OPERATIONAL FLIGHT INFO *            SQ 806    0 SU 27AUG17   
                      CITY INFO                                       HOUR (LOCAL)  

SIN  ESTIMATED TIME OF DEPARTURE                1850            
                           LEFT THE GATE                              1921            
                           TOOK OFF                                   1940            
                           ESTIMATED TIME OF ARRIVAL                  0116     PEK    
                      *1A PLANNED FLIGHT INFO*              SQ 806    0 SU 27AUG17 ASM
                      APT ARR   DY DEP   DY CLASS/MEAL          EQP  GRND  EFT   TTL  
                      SIN          1650  SU FAZCJUDSTPY/M       77W         6:10      
                                            BEMHWQNVGLK/M                             
                      PEK 2300  SU                                                6:10
                      COMMENTS-
                       1.SIN PEK   - DEPARTS TERMINAL 3                               
                       2.SIN PEK   - ARRIVES TERMINAL 3                               
                       3.SIN PEK   -   9/ NON-SMOKING                                 
                       4.SIN PEK   -  ET/ ELECTRONIC TKT CANDIDATE                    
                       5.SIN PEK   - F4J48S28Y184                                     
                       6.SIN PEK   -  CO2/PAX* 282.78 KG ECO, 565.55 KG PRE           
                       (*):SOURCE:ICAO CARBON EMISSIONS CALCULATOR                  
                      CONFIGURATION-
                                     77W  F   4   J  48   S  28   Y 184

Comment

• Originally posted by a340-313x View Post
                        ... as a 77WR without a doubt.

Code:
                        DOSQ806/27AUG
                        * OPERATIONAL FLIGHT INFO *            SQ 806    0 SU 27AUG17   
                        CITY INFO                                       HOUR (LOCAL)  

SIN  ESTIMATED TIME OF DEPARTURE                1850            
                             LEFT THE GATE                              1921            
                             TOOK OFF                                   1940            
                             ESTIMATED TIME OF ARRIVAL                  0116     PEK    
                        *1A PLANNED FLIGHT INFO*              SQ 806    0 SU 27AUG17 ASM
                        APT ARR   DY DEP   DY CLASS/MEAL          EQP  GRND  EFT   TTL  
                        SIN          1650  SU FAZCJUDSTPY/M       77W         6:10      
                                              BEMHWQNVGLK/M                             
                        PEK 2300  SU                                                6:10
                        COMMENTS-
                         1.SIN PEK   - DEPARTS TERMINAL 3                               
                         2.SIN PEK   - ARRIVES TERMINAL 3                               
                         3.SIN PEK   -   9/ NON-SMOKING                                 
                         4.SIN PEK   -  ET/ ELECTRONIC TKT CANDIDATE                    
                         5.SIN PEK   - F4J48S28Y184                                     
                         6.SIN PEK   -  CO2/PAX* 282.78 KG ECO, 565.55 KG PRE           
                         (*):SOURCE:ICAO CARBON EMISSIONS CALCULATOR                  
                        CONFIGURATION-
                                       77W  F   4   J  48   S  28   Y 184
                        Holy cow, sorry I didn't see this post til now. I had posted something about SWR several hours before I saw this one. SWQ should hatch this week, iCargo indicates an A/T tomorrow that's my only guess, no other 773 seem to have an A/T.

EDIT: No update on SWQ so it sounds likely later this week, but let's wait & see. Meantime, SQ241/242 are rostered with SWR, so right now I'm assuming after that it'll be on SQ8/11 giving plenty of evidence it's a 77WR.

Thanks for the information as always
                        Last edited by SQfanatic; 30 August 2017, 06:37 AM.

Comment

• Getting a seat at Row 31

How does one get a seat at Row 31? (first row of Y)

I fly SQ every fortnight and often times i meet the same faces on the flight.

Whenever I check in online only rows 33 and after (A330) are available. This often result sitting next to the same familiar faces.

However, I noticed this particular lone man (no babies, no wheelchair) will always without fail get 31K or an Aisle on row 31.

How does he get that seat all the time? I usually arrive airport early and check in counter will also tell me that row is reserved for wheelchair bound passengers or those with babies.

Comment

• Originally posted by ponders View Post
                            How does one get a seat at Row 31? (first row of Y)

I fly SQ every fortnight and often times i meet the same faces on the flight.

Whenever I check in online only rows 33 and after (A330) are available. This often result sitting next to the same familiar faces.

However, I noticed this particular lone man (no babies, no wheelchair) will always without fail get 31K or an Aisle on row 31.

How does he get that seat all the time? I usually arrive airport early and check in counter will also tell me that row is reserved for wheelchair bound passengers or those with babies.
                            It has been discussed extensively here: http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15478

Comment

• SIN to Lax

Is SQ12/11 SIN-NRT-LAX always a 777WR with premium economy? Does the plane ever get swapped to a 777 without premium economy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chucksta View Post
                                Is SQ12/11 SIN-NRT-LAX always a 777WR with premium economy? Does the plane ever get swapped to a 777 without premium economy?
                                No! Since LAX went double daily 77WR, if SQ12 or SQ8 had no PEY, the return SQ7 or SQ11 would not have it (obviously). No swaps I know of, and SWR is currently doing SQ12/7 and a few days ago did SQ8/11 so evidence is clear the plane has PEY and retrofitted.

Comment

Working...
                                X