MUC - Which lounge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MUC - Which lounge?

Sorry if this is explained somewhere else but after a lot of searching I couldn't find anything.

Complete 'lounge virgin' here preparing for my first flight with EG status

SQ website lists LH Business and Senator lounges at Munich but no information about which one is appropriate for KFG flying Y.

Is the protocol that I just turn up at an SQ business check-in and ask where to go?

Anyone with general or MUC-specific insights welcomed!

It's the dual LH Senator Lounge to the left after you clear immigration and security. You should be allowed in the 'F' side as *A Gold. Not to be mistaken for the 'real' LH F lounge which is almost opposite.

It's about a 5 minute walk to the gate they use, which is usually 217 if my memorably isn't failing me ?.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
      It's the dual LH Senator Lounge to the left after you clear immigration and security. You should be allowed in the 'F' side as *A Gold. Not to be mistaken for the 'real' LH F lounge which is almost opposite.

It's about a 5 minute walk to the gate they use, which is usually 217 if my memorably isn't failing me ?.
      Thank you! I was hoping this post could tap your unparalleled knowledge

I see now in the maps on the airport site they have two combined lounges on different floors for Schengen/non-Schengen, so that makes sense now. After passport control I will make a sharp left. 217 rings a bell, but most likely because it's my connecting flight at SIN!

Comment

Google is your friend:

http://www.fcm.travel/airports/munich-airport-muc-guide

Gates are H1 to H58 for non-Schengen departure. Your lounge is closest to H28.

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
          Gates are H1 to H58 for non-Schengen departure. Your lounge is closest to H28.
          I was fairly sure it was 'H' and yep. Today I'm blessed with H32 which is just nearby.

Less fun was the negotiation to get into the LH lounge. As my KFEG card is at home in my Australian letterbox, I was using the boarding pass which is clearly printed with KFEG. Of course, for Germans, this simply isn't good enough. They suggested maybe i could log into my account on my phone and show them proof of my current status.

They suggested I could go to the gate and wait for SQ staff to be there and then they could call them and confirm. I then had to politely and tactfully point out that a boarding pass printed 15 minutes ago is a fairly obvious indication of current *A Gold status. Then showed them the OLCI printouts which had the words "Elite Gold" on them. Eventually the obvious senselessness of all this kicked in and as would be said in German, "the hint with the fencepost" finally worked.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
            Actually I can report your memory is functioning correctly!

MUC uses a dual gate numbering system. As I took my seat in the plane I looked out and saw the number 217. This corresponds to gate H31 which is what passengers inside the terminal know the same gate as. It makes sense that a "MAN Flyer" would be more familiar with the external operating number.

Comment

use the lounge closest to the Camel smoking room......
              This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

I've just posted a few pictures of the Lufthansa Senator / Star Gold lounge at MUC as part of a trip report here.

Comment

Very thorough pics there!

I came upon the river surfing spot by accident too as it's next to the art gallery I always visit in München. Managed to get some great video footage that's in the queue of things I need to get to edit. I see there's also a guy there on the day you were with a Coco Chanel surfboard. (Seriously, a CC surfboard??? )

I was staying in the other Hilton at the end of April which is further east at Rosenheimerplatz. Excellent transport connections but it's in a fairly worn out, tired state. Prices are pretty good though, except for their breakfasts.

Comment

This threads seems to be dormant for years so would appreciate some more recent impressions of the current lounge situation in MUC. I’ll be on SQ328 and SQ327 while taking a couple of Schengen area flights in between.

Would be interested to hear, which lounge you guys recommend especially in the “new” Satellite terminal?

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SKU View Post
                      This threads seems to be dormant for years so would appreciate some more recent impressions of the current lounge situation in MUC. I’ll be on SQ328 and SQ327 while taking a couple of Schengen area flights in between.

Would be interested to hear, which lounge you guys recommend especially in the “new” Satellite terminal?
                      I haven’t flown out of MUC for quite a while but I did fly into it just a couple of weeks ago and SQ328 definitely didn’t pull into the new satellite terminal. Instead it was a gate at the original T2 building with the H gates, so bear that in mind for your lounge selection. Of course it’s possible that other days SQ do use the satellite at T2. I’m basing this off one day.

Comment

I was on SQ327 a couple of weeks ago, departed H gate but used LH Senator lounge MAN Flyer mentioned earlier, instead of the one assigned to SQ.

Was a bit busy when I arrived so just took a stool at the bar but after 30min or so it began to quieten down and got a better seat. Food & Drink selection was okay but with an actual bar, gives more options anyway.

Comment

Working...
                        X