Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UA opens nonstop SFO-SIN route

http://newsroom.united.com/index.php...95&item=124634

Short version: UA will start nonstop service between SFO and SIN with their 787-9s. This replaces the current one-stop service via NRT. They're even giving it the lowest possible flight number pair: UA1 is SFO-SIN, UA2 is the return.

hahahaha Beat me to it!

This is truly shocking news! And they're doing it with their crappy "BusinessFirst" oxymoron seats in a 2-2-2 config. I'd rather make my connections on real carriers.
    HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
      hahahaha Beat me to it!

This is truly shocking news! And they're doing it with their crappy "BusinessFirst" oxymoron seats in a 2-2-2 config. I'd rather make my connections on real carriers.
      hahhaa... you are always looking for real carriers....
      This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

No thanks, I rather walk than fly UA

Comment

18 hours with proper service and comfort vs. 16 hours on Uniturd. No contest.

Comment

Schedule:
            UA001 SFO-SIN 2325 - 0645 +2
            UA002 SIN-SFO 0845 - 0915

Looks like UA took a jab at SQ with the flight numbers
            I think their product could be appealing, especially once they introduce their new J cabins which are rumored to have all aisle access.

Comment

What a great different.
              Going JUL/01 Return JUL/09 UA S$1337.30
              With SQ S$2071.70
              With CX S$1974.10
              With ANA S$1942.50
              With Delta (2 stop over) S$1383

Comment

Not that bad, considering the plane is supposed to have in seat power. Plus, if the internet works and they offer unlimited for the whole flight duration. Especially so, if I get Economy plus or they offer cheap upgrades for fee.

Comment

Originally posted by ek&sq View Post
                  Schedule:
                  UA001 SFO-SIN 2325 - 0645 +2
                  UA002 SIN-SFO 0845 - 0915
                  To me, the flight schedule is near ideal. The return leg is perfect for beating jetlag (Sleep all night, and when you wake up, you are almost in Singapore!), and the outbound schedule is also around the time I would like to leave SG when heading to the West Coast.

A 9-abreast 787 is no fun, but I would still want to give this flight a try.

I think this really ups the pressure on SQ to do a comparable non-stop to SFO. The SQ A350 Y config would certainly be preferable to UA's 787 in terms of passenger comfort!

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                    hahhaa... you are always looking for real carriers....
                    I'm not the only one:

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                    No thanks, I rather walk than fly UA
                    Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                    18 hours with proper service and comfort vs. 16 hours on Uniturd. No contest.

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
                    I think this really ups the pressure on SQ to do a comparable non-stop to SFO.
                    SQ has SERIOUSLY gotten lazy this past half decade.
                    HUGE AL

Comment

This is truly depressing news.

The timing does look good though, but I'll pass.

Originally posted by cscs1956 View Post
                      What a great different.
                      Going JUL/01 Return JUL/09 UA S$1337.30
                      With SQ S$2071.70
                      With CX S$1974.10
                      With ANA S$1942.50
                      With Delta (2 stop over) S$1383
                      There are quite a few good reasons for that difference. As in, proper full-service carrier vs borderline LCC.
                      Last edited by SQGamespeed; 30 January 2016, 03:09 AM.

Comment

Personally I have quite an interest in SQ 2/1 remaining as it is, SIN-HKG-SFO vv. But that's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                          Personally I have quite an interest in SQ 2/1 remaining as it is, SIN-HKG-SFO vv. But that's just me.
                          Lazy a$$!

Would be nice if they put an A380 on the route…then again, it's SFO we're talking about here...
                          HUGE AL

Comment

United's 2 hour turnaround for the aircraft in Changi is very amibitous as it arrives at 645am and depart at 845am. Any minor maintenance or cabin issues will likley meant a mcuh delayed departure. Similiarly tif the outbound from SFO is delayed as have expereienced several times, even a 45 min delay out of SFO is not unusual - and that would mean a late aeerival time into Changi and sunsequently a late departure. And United is working this aircraft hard as it will be flying a total of 33 hours with just a 2 hour stopover in SIN.

Comment

SQ has SERIOUSLY gotten lazy this past half decade.
                              They have indeed, seemingly not knowing whether to stick or twist. CX have been opening up more in Europe, where SQ have traditionally been much bigger, and the ME3 kept plugging away. They do seem like they are starting to finally wake up though and the A350 will surely open up more new routes, especially with a tanking fuel price.

And they're doing it with their crappy "BusinessFirst" oxymoron seats in a 2-2-2 config. I'd rather make my connections on real carriers.
                              Really ?. That's strange. I haven't flown UA long haul for years but don't they also have a 1-2-1 product ?. If so you'd think they would put that on such a long route.

I hope pax get a certificate as 17 hours nonstop on UA surely deserves one.

Comment

Working...
                              X