SQTalk down today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQTalk down today?

Not sure if it's me or my office network, but I have just been able to access as of now.

Any issues?

Same here. And I thought that my office was filtering SQT. I would have been a very sad kid.

Comment

Dear Users

Apologies for the outage. We had some issues that are hopefully now resolved - thanks for keeping the faith!

Best regards

SQFlyergirl
      on behalf of the moderator team

Comment

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
        Same here. And I thought that my office was filtering SQT. I would have been a very sad kid.
        hehe... i checked my network prioritization table, thinking the other network admins must have thought i spent way too much time on the board

Comment

I think I spoke too soon. It just crashed again after posting.

Comment

On the plus side, I actually got some work done

Comment

It appears to be up now.

(My entry for the most pointless post of the year award).

Comment

Actually SQT was running fine, but our host suffered a massive hardware failure.

========================
                Dear Valued Customer,

This afternoon, Thursday, June 30th our main server
                experienced a massive hardware failure which led to the hard drive
                failure as well. We have been working hard to have service
                restored. The old Dual Core server with 2 GB has been replaced with
                a new Quad Core server with 4 GB RAM. Just now has our main email been restored so I am able to send out this notice.
                Please rest assured that your data is safe. The web server is
                currently back online however firewalled while the restore process
                continues.

We have already restored all mysql databases from the failed hard
                disk as that part of the disk was not damaged so that data is most
                current. We're working on restoring home directory files from our
                most recent backup. In addition, we're trying to restore as many
                home directory files from the failed hard disk as possible as to
                try to restore the most recent files we can. We expect to have your
                web hosting back online by early tomorrow morning or possibly even
                tonight.

The email system is back online and functional however
                configuration data for customer domains has not yet been restored.
                This configuration data was missing from our backups so we're
                trying to restore as much as possible from the failed hard disk.
                Unfortunately, the full restoration of the email system will take
                the most time. We will be monitoring the mail logs and manually
                restoring the most active domains first. I can not give an ETA to
                when email service will be fully restored but am hoping that it
                will be sometime on Friday.

You will be kept informed of all progress. We're very sorry for
                this unexpected failure. Rarely these kinds of things happen, we
                were prepared for it, and will make it through as quickly as
                possible.

I thank you so very much for your patience.

==================================

Hope this helps to clarify the situation.
                I got this message at 3.34am (CET), was informed at 6.46am by other mods the site was down, but only now I can forward this message.

Sorry abt that.
                Luke
                There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
                If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Who does your hosting?

Comment

I was worried that this forum had went the singaporeair.com way.......
                    This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                      Who does your hosting?
                      It's an american private company specialized in Internet hosting solutions. They offer hosting since 1998.

Comment

Originally posted by LukeGT View Post
                        It's an american private company specialized in Internet hosting solutions. They offer hosting since 1998.
                        I see, the way they worded that e-mail to me seemed like they only had one server.

Comment

No they don't. they have a huge server farm. To explain the real meaning would require a very complex discussion about server architecture and so on. I think this would be boring and totally superfluos.

Comment

To explain the real meaning would require a very complex discussion about server architecture and so on. I think this would be boring and totally superfluos.
                            No need to explain i look after 2 data centers for a living

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X