Through-check luggage from New Chitose - SIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Through-check luggage from New Chitose - SIN

hi, have a question regarding checking in of luggage.

I will be departing from Sapporo (CTS) to Haneda on a domestic airline (not booked yet), but have booked my flight from HND to Singapore (award tickets) on Singapore Airlines SQ Business Class. So, my route will be CTS-HND-SIN.

Has any one had experience checking in luggage all the way from CTS to SIN when both legs are booked separately? or do I have to pick up my luggage, and check in again at the international counters at HND? I will most probably fly ANA domestic, since it is a star alliance partner of SQ.

Separately, how are the business seats on the B777-200 (Retrofitted)? SQ633 from HND to Singapore at 1640 hrs is slated to be this aircraft.

thanks!

Originally posted by banoffi View Post
    hi, have a question regarding checking in of luggage.

I will be departing from Sapporo (CTS) to Haneda on a domestic airline (not booked yet), but have booked my flight from HND to Singapore (award tickets) on Singapore Airlines SQ Business Class. So, my route will be CTS-HND-SIN.

Has any one had experience checking in luggage all the way from CTS to SIN when both legs are booked separately? or do I have to pick up my luggage, and check in again at the international counters at HND? I will most probably fly ANA domestic, since it is a star alliance partner of SQ.

Separately, how are the business seats on the B777-200 (Retrofitted)? SQ633 from HND to Singapore at 1640 hrs is slated to be this aircraft.

thanks!
    If you are on ANA yes you can check through CTS-HND-SIN, did it less than 3 weeks ago.

I believe SQ633 features the new regional J.

Comment

Hi, may I know how many hours I should budget at CTS for checking in? Wondering if i should spend the night before at Niseko and take the first bus out to CTS (arriving at 1030), or stay in Sapporo overnight. My HND_SIN flight departs at 1640 hrs.

Thanks

Comment

You may want to consider Air Terminal Hotel at CTS. Pretty decent for a night stay. You'll get complimentary usage of the onsen too.
        We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

I (really) enjoyed the Crowne Plaza Chitose, but can't really advise on your schedule...

Comment

my previous experience of SIN-BKK-KIX-HND is that for the international sectors, as long as they are of the same alliance, no problems with through check.

But that'll only work till KIX. domestic sectors: you have to go through immigrations, collect your luggage and then check in again for domestic sectors.

Just last Dec I was on SIN-NRT-CTS and it worked the same way too. Cant through check from international to domestic as you'll need to go through customs.

Comment

seems to be able to work the other way though, from some of the above posts?

Ingoing i don't have an issue as I am stopping over in tokyo for a couple of days before Sapporo.

Comment

i would highly recommend the onsen at CTS. i always look forward to having a dip there after a long week on the slopes. nothing beats boarding a longhaul glowing after a long soak

Comment

hi

back from my trip and for future reference, thought I'd update here.

I managed to do a through check from CTS - SIN although my international/domestic tickets were separate PNRs. At CTS, i approached the "international departures" counter and the ANA staff there asked what airline i was flying on from HND to SIN.

As I was flying SQ, she kindly offered there and then to do a through check for me. I managed to do it at the business class counter (HND- SIN was J class), although my domestic ticket was an economy one.

At HND, we had to take a bus from the domestic terminal to the international one (about 15-20 mins ride) and from there, check in again at the SQ counter to get my boarding passes, then clear immigration.

All in all, very fuss free! my flight sq633 was on a B777-300ER (not the new J) but service was excellent and although the seats were old, they reminded me of the A380 (SQ12) that we flew to Tokyo on. We had the row 11 seats, and they were excellent!

I didnt' BTC (cos we were having too much fun in Hokkaido to remember to do so) but the default choices of the X'mas Turkey, Grilled Cod and Stir Fried beef were pretty good. So was the log cake!

Looking forward to flying SQ J class again.... (need to accumulate miles first!)

Comment

Just to check, does anyone knows if ANA will charge for overweight luggage over the eligible 20kg in economy for the domestic sector even though the HND-SIN on SQ has 40kg allowance? Was thinking of doing the same next year and predicted that my luggage will definitely bust the 20kg limit on ANA domestic.
                    My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Working...
                    X