No announcement yet.

Confirmed: SWISS To cancel LX182/183 to SIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There used to be a plethora of carriers doing BKK-SIN. Now apart from SQ and TG, there are only CX and PG. How times have changed.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

That's sad. I have a friend on an F redemption arriving into SIN from MEL with SQ, and leaving from BKK with TG. The question is, whether to go for SQ or TG in J for the connecting flight. I suspect the answer is SQ but thoughts welcome...

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
        There used to be a plethora of carriers doing BKK-SIN. Now apart from SQ and TG, there are only CX and PG. How times have changed.
        Actually, there is also Jetstar, Tiger and Air Asia.
        My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Originally posted by Mr H View Post
          That's sad. I have a friend on an F redemption arriving into SIN from MEL with SQ, and leaving from BKK with TG. The question is, whether to go for SQ or TG in J for the connecting flight. I suspect the answer is SQ but thoughts welcome...
          SQ, definitely.

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
          Ah yes. The advent of the LCCs too. How times have changed indeed.
          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
            Obviously those don't qualify as carriers from KeithMEL's POV...

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
              Obviously those don't qualify as carriers from KeithMEL's POV...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr H View Post
                If you can ticket a TG J on a 744, rock up to the airport early and ask for seats in F, you will get it - rendering it a better buy than an SQ J (at almost SGD500 less also).

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                  rock up to the airport early and ask for seats in F...

I suppose that takes a certain Kyo+ aplomb which some of us might not pull off so well...

Comment

Just sad to see LX stop this route.

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                    Some years back, there were as many as 14 carriers on this route

Comment

my flight in may has been change from mel-sin-bkk-zrh to mel-sin-hk-zrh.

the connections are not the best but its all star allaince filghts. my actual time in the air has been incresed by 3-4 hours either way.

im in contact with my online travel agent to give me some other options. fingers crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by stargold View Post
                        Until 25APR09 - Intermittent cancellation. Not operating on at least one day of the week, sometimes two or three.

WEF 26APR09 - Complete cancellation, route will be ZRH-BKK-ZRH.
                        Just talked to LX and it seems that they will honor all tickets ZRH-SIN and SIN-ZRH and rebook on SQ's non-stop service.

Comment

Just got back from the Swiss office and they will rebook any ticket from the 27th April onwards (26th is the day where they will fly ex-SIN for the very last time) onto either TG (the closest flight is within an hour after LX's departure 3:20 or 4:20PM departure, depending on the day) or on SQ (the closest flight is around 2-3 hours earlier, depending on the day). I think they will rebook on a C or J fare also, not that it'll be much use if F is culled entirely on this route.

Two more flights to say goodbye to the cheerful LX crew in April for me, then TG, here I come... anyone keen for a farewell run? Am thinking early and mid-April for me.

For those who rebook on TG, 30 mins free massage awaits...

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                            Just talked to LX and it seems that they will honor all tickets ZRH-SIN and SIN-ZRH and rebook on SQ's non-stop service.
                            im not having this luck with swiss at sydney office. they are very much agaisnt me taking sq, and offfered on flights from hong kong. had 45min chat with manager tonight, and we are still working out a comprimise for tommorrow to have fights book on sq all the way sin-zrh.

Comment

http://airlineroute.blogspot.com/

SWISS drops Singapore from late-Apr 09
                              As per GDS timetable display, SWISS is cancelling Singapore service.

Last flight departs Zurich on 25APR09.

However, it'll continue to operate 6 weekly Zurich - Bangkok service which will see flight number changes from 26APR09

till 25APR09
                              LX182 ZRH2245 - 1435+1BKK1525+1 - 1840+1SIN 343 x2
                              LX183 SIN2050 - 2220BKK2315 - 0610+1ZRH 343 x3

eff 26APR09
                              LX180 ZRH2245 - 1435+1BKK 343 x2
                              LX181 BKK2325 - 0610+1ZRH 343 x3

Comment

Whilst I'm definitely more inclined to believe that the last flight is on the 25th, the Swiss agent was very adamant that the 26th flight would go ahead.

Who knows what will happen... I think she is wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X