Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
    She must have been honored
    I think she was quite stunned actually for the fact that someone actually recognised her....
    This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

I only want to know if you got her number?

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
        Are you kidding, he probably even got her address...

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
          Originally posted by Kyo View Post
          Are you kidding, he probably even got her address...
          excuse me excuse me, I don't do such things anymore...... was tempted to and she looked wiliing to give....but but but...

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
            excuse me excuse me, I don't do such things anymore...... was tempted to and she looked wiliing to give....but but but...

Aw man...the story was getting good! Only to be let down in the end.
            HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
              .. was tempted to and she looked wiliing to give....but but but...
              You got her email instead?

Comment

She must be your Facebook friend by now, right?

life of a sea captain... what a life...

Comment

How to attain Platinum status in ROP

This is not clearly explained in their website and during one of my email enquiry with them on other matters, I also ask about eligibility criteria and here's their reply.

Dear Kapitan

Firstly, we must apologize for the incomplete reply in last email.

Regarding to the PLatinum criteria, eligible Platinum members must accrue 60,000 actual miles on THAI, in Royal First Class and Royal Executive class, during 2 consecutive evaluation periods. Each evaluation period is 12 consecutive months on a rolling basis.

Looking at your account activities, the frequency of your travel is unfortunately not quite sufficient at this time to qualify for Platinum status but within next 12 months from now when you can add another 60,000 actual miles on Thai , in Royal First or Royal Executive class, the Platinum system will automatically set to you.

Through Platinum evaluation system :

Evaluation As Of: 2011-11-04

Req. Actual Miles***** Accum.** Platinum Qualify
                  *Period 1: Nov.09-Oct.10******** 60,000********************** 0********* NO******
                  *Period 2: Nov.10-Oct.11******** 60,000*************** 63,929*******************
                  Through this system , the period 1* not qualify** but* within period 2 , you can earn enough qulifying miles.

Evaluation As Of: 2012-11-04*********************************************
                  ****************************************** Req. Actual Miles***** Accum.***

*Period 1: Nov.10-Oct.11******** 60,000************** *63,929*****************(qualify)
                  *Period 2: Nov.11-Oct.12******** 60,000****************** *0******************

Referring to this evaluation , the period 2,** from now until* Oct. 2012 , we hope that you will earn those 60,000 actual miles on THAI, in Royal First Class and Royal Executive class so that the Platinum status will automatically be set to you.

This is a system enabled evaluation process in place to identify potential Platinum status members, after which Platinum is extended by invitation.

*We continue to look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you on board THAI as valued Gold status member, and in the future extending an invitation to Platinum.

Yours respectfully,

Member Service Department
                  Royal Orchid Plus*

Comment

So, today would be a good day to start? Everyone gets evaluated from November - November? Or case-by-case basis?

I should seriously look into this... hmm! Thanks for posting!

Comment

What do they mean by actual miles? Actual miles flown or miles flown with class of bonus?

Comment

"Non-canned" response.

So do I understand correctly that 60,000 in 1 year is not sufficient. You need it in 2 consecutive years?

And, per 9V-JKL's question, is that BIS or miles including class-of-service bonuses, etc?

Comment

Ok, I calculated, by looking at my mileage accrual and the actual miles mentioned are the actual BIS miles on Thai metal in J or F, so I had clocked 63929 from Nov 10 to Oct 11, need another 60k, from now until Nov next year, should not be a problem.... lets see..... ok, I shall start with a flight from SIN-BKK-LAX and return this month....

Comment

What's with calling it Royal Executive class (is that the old term?)... isn't it Royal Silk Class or simply business class these days
                            My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Lol, Royal Executive Class, good catch sqdazz

If only they were a tiny bit more consistent, seriously

Comment

to work towards Plat, two more bookings before the year end.....

US ESTA - checked
                                Panama entry - checked
                                Mexico, no need visa - checked
                                Australia ETA - checked

All set, returning 28th Dec.... hasta la vista baby...

Comment

Working...
                                X